Thread: Elvis In "Walk The Line"

Elvis In "Walk The Line"

The guy who played Elvis in "Walk The Line" didn't do a very good job he don't look or sound like Elvis they should have let him lipsynch insted. Anyone agree with me?

"The guy" is Tyler Hilton, and I definitely agree with what you said. He was absolutely horrid as Elvis in every form. His singing, his stage moves, and his looks were pitiful. He was definitely a sorry excuse for Elvis Presley.
    On the hills of Georgia
    Across the plains of Tennessee
    I've seen and I've done most everything
    That a man can do or see

Originally posted by THENATUREBOY
    The guy" is Tyler Hilton, and I definitely agree with what you said. He was absolutely horrid as Elvis in every form. His singing, his stage moves, and his looks were pitiful. He was definitely a sorry excuse for Elvis Presley.
    Totally agree. I have already told my opinion in the thread about the movie.

I liked the movie but I didn't like the scenes with Elvis, not only because of the actor that didn't have any resemblance with Elvis (in his look and his performance on stage) but also because they gave false informations about him...he seemed so stupid and I don't understand why they made him appear in the bio of Johnny Cash if they had to made that distorted portrait...they could show him just to know they had some tours together and then concentrate only to Johnny!!

I agree with you, too!

In the thread about that movie I was so dissapointed, that "not Elvis Fans" will get an false image of Elvis. In the movie it seemed, that Elvis made Johnny taking these pills.

Also I liked the movie very much and enjoyed, that Reese Witherspoon got an Oscar for playing June Carter!

Mad Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by polksaladhasie
    I agree with you, too!

In the thread about that movie I was so dissapointed, that "not Elvis Fans" will get an false image of Elvis. In the movie it seemed, that Elvis made Johnny taking these pills.

Also I liked the movie very much and enjoyed, that Reese Witherspoon got an Oscar for playing June Carter!
    Yea my mom was kinda ticked off that they made it seem that Elvis is the one who got Johnny hooked on pills and stuff.

But yea, when they first showed Tyler Hilton my mom almost burst out laughing and was like "is THAT supposed to be Elvis?".

It was a pretty bad impersonation lol.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I haven't had the chance to watch the movie yet but I don't like the way they made it look like Elvis is the one that got Johny Cash and the other guys on drugs or anything dosen't sound to good but I am going to watch it eventually.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

TCB Mafia
    it is a good film . Really enjoyed it but the Elvis guy in the film was bellow zero

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleyfan1935
    I haven't had the chance to watch the movie yet but I don't like the way they made it look like Elvis is the one that got Johny Cash and the other guys on drugs or anything dosen't sound to good but I am going to watch it eventually.
    You HAVE TO watch this movie I think it?s quite fantastic. I loved it!! Although the negative picture about Elvis.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    It is a great movie, indeed! I bought it just the other day and can't stop watching it. Pretty much all the Elvis stuff, actor portrayal etc..., is bad but luckily a very small part of the movie! The rest is top notch! I strongly recommend it even if you are not a Johnny Cash fan! Very entertaining and interesting!

What get's under my skin the most about this movie is not the movie itself but why, with all the money and information out there in the Elvis world, can't we get a good top quality movie like this made about Elvis. Even the Kurt Russell one is inaccurate! ( I hate the scene at the end when he walks out looking nor wearing nothing at all like he really looked at that concert and time!)

He had just as much, if not more, of an interesting life as Johnny Cash or Ray Charles and he was way more famous and yet we are stuck with a truckload of bad scripts acting and productions. It drives me crazy!
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Quote Originally Posted by Menwithbrokenhearts
    What get's under my skin the most about this movie is not the movie itself but why, with all the money and information out there in the Elvis world, can't we get a good top quality movie like this made about Elvis. Even the Kurt Russell one is inaccurate! ( I hate the scene at the end when he walks out looking nor wearing nothing at all like he really looked at that concert and time!)

He had just as much, if not more, of an interesting life as Johnny Cash or Ray Charles and he was way more famous and yet we are stuck with a truckload of bad scripts acting and productions. It drives me crazy!

You mentioned it I hope it sooo much, that someone will do that and make a movie from Elvis. Would like it.

TCB Mafia
    It amazes me that so many Elvisfans are waiting almost begging for a high budget film on the life of Elvis.
    I'm one of them.
    That would be a outstanding way to let a new and younger generation learn about the King. It is really something EPE ought to consider.
    I've heard that walking the line was a big success attracting new and very young cash fans.
    Like said here on the forum with so many money available and all the places Elvis lived and worked still there why for heavens sake why isn't there a good Elvis biographie film made....

Cash was good and a lot of that generation was good but there was only ONE KING.

And instead of all those mini series about him, which don't even reach Europe, why not making a final but good , high budget film.

Elvis the movie with Kurt Russell wasn't bad but looks so outdated now. Even the locations were fake. Graceland was fake and the interiour didn't even came near to the original interiour all the fans know.

Is there anybody who knows were we can address our question to?
    Please let us know and then we ALL should send e mails and asking the same question. Really that would help you know.

Perhaps mailing EPE??????
    Does anyone know where we can find there e mail address???

Take care
    Riley