View Poll Results: Do you listen to Elvis EVERY day?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

174 76.99%
  • No

52 23.01%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do you listen to Elvis EVERY day?

Sure! he sings to me everyday..can't live without him..he's the blood in my veins and the only way to make another day in this terrible life..

I dont listen to Elvis music every day, only evry so often nowdays but thats okay because when i was 8 years old-15 years old, i listened to him every day
    [email protected]
    feel free to add me

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Although I'm a huge, HUGE Elvisfan, I have to admit that there are many days that I don't listen to Elvis music. I often have 'periods': an Elvis 70s period, a 60s period, a soundtrack period, a gospel period, and so on. Those periods are often and mean that I listen to Elvis almost exclusively

I even have periods where I don't listen to Elvis at all: a Four Seasons period, a Beach Boys period, a PJ Proby period, a JD SUmner period, a Cathedrals period, and so on. During these periods I listen rarely to Elvismusic.

So my question to fellow Elvisfans: do you really listen to Elvismusic EVERY day? HAve days gone by that you haven't put in an Elviscd?
    Exactly, except my other faves that take turns in my CD player are The BeeGees, Barbra Streisand, U2, The Three Degrees, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles and many more

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I don't listen every day.......... but some days nothing but Elvis

I have an eclectic taste in music ranging from Duran Duran, (Ordinary World is a classic) Green Day, The Gorillaz, Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Maroon 5, Kaiser Chiefs and last but not least the late great John Denver (Looking For Space).

I think everyone should listen to some music every day, it can reflect your mood, enhance it, change it completely. I defy anybody not to be uplifted when you listen to the laughing version of Are You Lonsome Tonight!!!!

Matt

For a large period of time I listened Elvis's music every day, but lately there is a better mix. I still love his music/voice as much as I used to but sometimes things happen in your life and that puts everything in perspective. At least that is how it worked for me. Ohter big favos are U2, James Blunt (not for the voice but for the lyrics)and loooooooooooooootsss of others.

rustay87

Gotta have some King every day

I feel like I live on a constant rotation of Elvis cds, and every time I switch cds, I find a new favorite song! Although I adore music and listen to TONS of other stuff, I need to hear at least one Elvis song each day. Does anyone have any reccomendations of more rare albums of his with songs I might not have heard? Preferrably not gospel?

Hi rustay87!
    Your first post...and I totally agree with you..Elvis is always present in my days and it's really hard to choose a CD everyday.

About your question...well..it's quite difficult...there are so many interesting things and I'd like to have more albums too. Anyway, it depends on what you still have and what you like most.
    For example I love home recordings...it seems he's playing the piano next to me.. and when I find some of them in a CD a get mad!!
    I hope someone can give you(and me)good advices..

I practically do.

It's the obsessive streak in me. What can I say? When I find something I like, I stick with it.

The warmth in Elvis' voice never gets tiring. Look at it this way: after playing anyone else, your speakers are going to be ragged and crying out for a bit of the honey-coated lubrication that only Elvis can provide.

Yes,I listen to Elvis' music every day...
    And every day I love it even more.....
    "without a song the day would never end"...so true!!

Yesterday Loving You DVD. Today A Brahm's Piano Concerto....... and Loving You Video

Had to name that beautiful white Dodge convertible for someone on another message board.

Speaking of cars I had one of the 1956 Dodge V8 Automatic Coronets in 1964 ...very much like this one but with four doors.

Not unlike the station wagon in Loving You that the band used.
    Last edited by MauriceColgan; 03-05-2006 at 11:24 AM.

I listen to music everyday, I can't go a day without singing along to something It's not always Elvis, though I do try and listen to him at least once a week. *bounces off singing That's All Right*
    http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5038/elsig4tl.png
    I'm leaving town, baby I'm leaving town for sure.
    Well, then you won't be bothered with me hanging 'round your door.
    Well, that's all right, that's all right.
    That's all right now mama, anyway you do.

sig is me and my big bro

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Practically every day, atleast in the last year or so. There have been times in my life where I would go long stretches without listening or watching anything. It always would come up though, when I was feeling a little melancholy or missing home and family especially. I have a lot of memories growing up with Elvis. If I get started, I'll go on forever. What got me going again was discovering that there were professional photos and audio of the concerts my Mom and I went to and so I started researching more and, voila, here I am again, just like I was at 10 years old, obsessing on everything Elvis. What's neat is that I am rediscovering old stuff and lots of things I never was exposed to. So much out there!
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwithbrokenhearts
    Here I am again, just like I was at 10 years old, obsessing on everything Elvis. What's neat is that I am rediscovering old stuff and lots of things I never was exposed to. So much out there!
    I can certainly understand your comments, when I was in my early teens I bought everything that I could get my hands on lol, if it had a picture of Elvis on it I got it............... Then when I was about 20 I sold virtually everything Then from the age of 27 until now I have spent most of my time trying to buy everything back I don't go in for all the merchandise mainly books, CD's, DVD's and Photographs I seem to be getting clocks and framed pictures again from my family just like I was a teenager........ weird but cool.

Matt

When you have a very big passion it's obvious you try to have everything...I can understand perfectly what all of you are saying.

I'm 27 years old and when I see something good with Elvis on it I MUST HAVE IT!!! My mum always tells me I seem a teenager 'cause I can get totally mad watching a movie or a concert or just buying a small picture...but I don't care. Elvis is my biggest passion...there's no day without his music!

I've been collecting items since I was 14 years old and, unfortunately for my parents, I'm sure I'll do 'till the end of my days....

Backstage Pass
    not every day, but quite often....my neighbours must hate me- I can go from Elvis, to techno, to heavy metal, to folk music all within a very short space of time!....variety is the spice of life afterall

moody blue

yes i listen everyday to elvis
    i cant imagin a day withouth his music
    hes still the greatest singer for me

moody blue

are there any elvis fans who like to email with me ?
    or maybey msn im from holland

Elvis is always on my mind and i sing everyday alot of songs in my head when i at work or just walking but i listen to ELVIS music every week , on the weekend or when i drive the car, as all the friends said :sometime its the 60 stuff .sometime the soundtracks, sometime the '70 ............lately "my" song is : IF EVERYDAY WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS" 1966
    Other artist that i really like are: THE SHADOWS , CLIFF RICHARD, and almost everthing that made in 1954 - 1974 , i like instrumentals like : SLEEPWALK 1959, THE ENCHANTED SEA 1959, WIPE-OUT 1963, WALK DONT RUN 1960 and all THE SHADOWS numbers from 1960 - 1968
    Music is life and Elvis and all the great '50-'60 are the soundtrack of my life
    LIOR

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Yes, I listen to Elvis everyday. I have 2 5-disc cd players in my room, one has 5 cds from the the concert years and the other has Studio material like Trax From Stax etc.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I also listen to Elvis every day. I can't leave without. I have all my Elvis music on my computer and on my mp3 player.

Sometimes i want to hear a sing with much power, and sometimes i want to listen to a slow beautiful ballad.

Elvis have all kinds of music
    Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.'

That's why he still keep singing a song