Thread: Raw exciting stuff

Mad Tigers

Raw exciting stuff

This very short video clip from the Ed Sullivan show features Elvis, Scotty and the rest of the boy's ripping it up like only they could. Turn the clock back please. If you don't feel the need to move then there's something wrong. This era and the 68' comeback special were indeed exciting times.

See it here.

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great footage there!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Hello there all,

I saw that show live on TV year's ago. It was exciting time's!! REAL exciting!!

You can get this footage along with all the other's from that era, I don't know if it's really available anymore. It is called "ElVIS The Great Peformances" Vol I, II, III and one VHS hosted by Priscilla Presley. So four Vol.'s in all in VHS format. Don't if it's been converted to DVD.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Thank you and I will lookd for these!!!

Wow Tommy, thanks I will look for these performances. You are a very kind person with a heart of gold. I have seen that many times here with the posts that you make. Thanks again Dovey

Smile

Dovey, thank you for the kind words. Good luck finding The Great Performances.

Tommy

Yes, this performance of Ready Teddy is in "Elvis The Great Performances", a very good documentary...a lot of nice performances through the years and many interesting private clips or taken from some press conferences!
    I have it on vhs recordered from tv...a short version hosted by Priscilla Presley; but there's also the version in 3 volumes, 2 of them narrated by George Klein and the last by Bono (U2)...try to find them 'cause it's worth of it!!

I have the video of Priscilla's "The Great Performances" (I really enjoyed it and, as usual, it got me pouring out tears by the end. Actually one of my non-Elvis-fan friends recorded it for me and fell in love with him during that video lol!) but I'm really confused as to why there are 3 further volumes. Are they worth getting in addition to the Priscilla one? Do they focus on separate parts of his life in further detail? Do they have even more content?

I love that clip of Ready Teddy- I love the expressions he makes with his eyes. Makes me giggle

Thanks for the link- I could watch it all day!

The 3 volumes are more complete and there's no Priscilla aroud Graceland. The version with Priscilla has some of the clips you can watch in the 3 documentaries...called "Center Stage", "The Man And The Music" and "From The Waist Up"...you can read more here, for example
    http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod943.htm

I love that short Video too

And Ive to look for these great performances i think

Thank you so much ForeverTheKing! I think I shall look into the Great Performances other DVDs- the video had such good content and I want to see more!

Mad Tigers
    Google video seems to be down because the link is not working.

Thanks Tommy and everybody for the great information... sometimes I have luck on Ebay or Amazon... Dovey

Cadillac King
    Priscilla looks a right ***** in it.
    Shes as cold and unemotional as usual and shes comes complete with the worst hairstyle ever.
    Bright red hair and looks like its been cut with a basin except they missed some.

JOANNE, Which one of the Great Performanes is worth buying? I have found several but they do not say that cilla is in them at all ????????? The one by George Klien and the 3rd one by Bono looks good??? Do you know the answer.... which ones are the best ones to have.. Dovey

Cadillac King
    Anyone without her in it.
    The George Klein ones are the best. The Bono one just concentrates on the 50`s.

Talking The Great Performances

The great performances VOL. 1 & VOL. 2 are often available on laserdiscs and on VHS on EBAY> I found both formats there ; and the laserdiscs have the best picture quality.

Mad Tigers
    Play.com are selling (new) The Great Performances Vol's 1 & 2 for ?6.99 each plus free delivery. DVD region 2. I've seen them on other sites for ?19.99. So if you're in the UK or have a DVD player that will play region 2, get your order in.

I find that short clip of 'Ready Teddy' to be infectious and electrifying. I just had to have the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hello there all,

I saw that show live on TV year's ago. It was exciting time's!! REAL exciting!!

You can get this footage along with all the other's from that era, I don't know if it's really available anymore. It is called "ElVIS The Great Peformances" Vol I, II, III and one VHS hosted by Priscilla Presley. So four Vol.'s in all in VHS format. Don't if it's been converted to DVD.

Tommy
    You were so lucky Tommy! I have all the videos you listed. They're awesome. There's one version narrated by an Elvis friend... A t.v version that's also very

Thanks for the story, Tommy.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy56
    You were so lucky Tommy! I have all the videos you listed. They're awesome. There's one version narrated by an Elvis friend... A t.v version that's also very

Thanks for the story, Tommy.
    Hi Wendy,

Glad to know you have all the videos! I saw all the TV Shows from that time growing up. It was the hottest time I have ever seen in my life, with Elvis being so new and everything he did was so exciting back then. Elvis really did start Rock & Roll and he will always be "The King"

Thank you Wendy for your great new's, again I'm glad you have this set of videos.

Tommy