Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making History in Tupelo Mississippi.

Silly nonsense!

Roy Turner and Jim Palmer of Tupelo contacted me to see would I help publicise their Elvis Homecoming Documentary.

Why they didn't contact you, is beyond me

The media contacts me because the researchers find my stuff on the Internet. You see not everyone is as dull and unimaginitive as you are

You do not have to read my threads or webpages so save yourself the aggravation by just ignoring me. I intend to ignore your comments from now on

Now I must turn my attention to more important matters, our daughter and our grandchildren...little Elvis fans...will be arriving from England soon.

Have a nice day

International Level

Cool

You too Maurice.

Why do you feel the need to broadcast to all of us about how great you think are? Are you that insecure? Of course they contacted you, its what happens when people run out of stories to run and some guy keeps calling, you eventually tell him to get lost or if your desperate run it.

You really do look the party animal in your picture Maurice. Who are you to say who is dull and unimaginative?

How do you know no one contacted me!?! And how petty of you to mention it. Of course, it is naive of me to think why some retired guy in Ireland could possibly not be the absoloute best form of PR that they can get! Or maybe it was due to financial reasons.

Why you participate in Elvis forums and don't talk about anything to do with Elvis unless your involved really suprises me. Never a comment on his music, artistic longevity, lifestyle or personal problems. I sometimes wonder whether you care for Elvis, or what Elvis can get you. I'm willing to bet the Wests woulden't put up with much of your b\s. Did you ever meet any real players in the Elvis world? People who were close to him and he confided in for years on end? People who liked and knew Elvis because he was Elvis Aaron Presley and didn't use him because he was E-L-V-I-S.

Elvis has generated enough interest in himself through his talent. I doubt he needs your mediocre publicity work. The stories are more about poking fun at you than Elvis. I've seen them on the net, and if you think you doing Elvis any favours your not. If you really are interested in Elvis, point to one thread on this forum that you have participated in, in a meaningful in depth way regarding Elvis, without any mention of yourself.

Im tired of this topic and quite frankly you. I have never seen such shameless self publicity. Turn you attention to more important matters, such as the great poetry you write. Maybe you could consider focusing on something you know about, as Elvis isnt your forte.

Maybe we could all get back to talking about matters concerning Elvis Presley. I mean, when did "yours truly" ever contribute meaningfully to any music or personal threads regarding Elvis
    Last edited by 0349054; 04-16-2006 at 10:22 AM.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Why they didn't contact you, is beyond me

The media contacts me because the researchers find my stuff on the Internet. You see not everyone is as dull and unimaginitive as you are

Shame on you Maurice !!!!!!! (Don't forget: "Elvis is watching You.")

Have a great day. Dovey

Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Parris

Getting the Facts

Lurker here....first time poster..............dont know an awful lot about elvis ........BUT..........0349054 has always been my first point of reference is I want info on him. Why? Because I know he is on first names terms with many people close to the Presley estate and has the evidence to prove it . He recently produced a highly entertaining radio documentry which won major crititical acclaim not only from the radio industry in Ireland but also, and more importantly, from the Elvis estate. I dont know if that fact is common knowledge on this board or not but I would doubt it as 03 is not given to self publicity. 03's dedication to the memory of Elvis is, in my opinion, beyond reproach and I know the Elvis estate acknowledge that fact. Some peoples work is done quitely, and without any need for fanfare. 03 is most certainly one of those people and will, no doubt be a bit embarrassed by the fact that I am posting this. So, any would be 'experts' please check ur facts with 03 first. If he does not have the answer, chances are no one does....................have a nice day

Backstage Pass
    where s the bragger gone ?

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parris
    Lurker here....first time poster..............dont know an awful lot about elvis ........BUT..........0349054 has always been my first point of reference is I want info on him. Why? Because I know he is on first names terms with many people close to the Presley estate and has the evidence to prove it . He recently produced a highly entertaining radio documentry which won major crititical acclaim not only from the radio industry in Ireland but also, and more importantly, from the Elvis estate. I dont know if that fact is common knowledge on this board or not but I would doubt it as 03 is not given to self publicity. 03's dedication to the memory of Elvis is, in my opinion, beyond reproach and I know the Elvis estate acknowledge that fact. Some peoples work is done quitely, and without any need for fanfare. 03 is most certainly one of those people and will, no doubt be a bit embarrassed by the fact that I am posting this. So, any would be 'experts' please check ur facts with 03 first. If he does not have the answer, chances are no one does....................have a nice day
    I don't doubt this one bit. O3 is always strightforward and knowledgable and his information always rings true to me. On the other hand..... Maurice's does not. Where is the bragger? No doubt self-promoting elsewhere.....
    Last edited by Menwithbrokenhearts; 04-29-2006 at 11:42 PM.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Menwithbrokenhearts, you are obviously of limited intelligence.......everything I "Brag" about is verifiable

By attacking me you only reveal your jealousy

Now how about something positive about Elvis's wonderful music which I was listening to before you were born

By the way I was busy with our grandchildren touring the east coast here in Ireland. Telling them about Elvis. Eating out and Playing on the beach etc

Then building a garden shed and landscaping. Collecting for the Rehab Charity. Reading interesting books.............going to the cinema, buying Magazines with Elvis on the Cover..MOJO and RECORD COLLECTOR.

Now do try and cheer up................................. you are totally outnumbered

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Maurice, Outnumbered? Have you looked at the other posts that are in reponse to yours on this thread alone? Not to mention other threads. I have to agree with '03 on this one, as well as Dovey and everyone else.

As far as my intelligence, I know I'm not near as knowledgable on Elvis matters as many on this forum, but I do know how to take a hint, or even criticism for that matter. And... I have posted many, many positive posts on this forum. Most have been about viable Elvis topics and not about myself except for a couple of exceptions. Now my opinions may not mean dirt in the whole scheme of things, but I enjoy this forum and most of what is on here.

What I don't enjoy is someone who is constantly pulling a " Donald Trump" in the Elvis world by constant self-promotion. A little is allright, but when it is all you do in a forum ,that is obviously about someone else, ie.. Elvis, then it starts to get a little old. Especially if you start to see the same stuff pop up at other forums.

There's a reason why people start their own Elvis sites, or their own misc. sites. That is where you can self-promote until you're blue in the face. For instance, I like Joe Esposito's site. It's all about him and Elvis, I expect that and it's appropriate. Do you have a site like that?

When it is constantly on a forum like this , it's like an annoying pop-up ad.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

A few that agree with you are by no means the majority.

I received a lot of support on the FECC where the same silly "Bragging" accusations were made.

Also on Elvisnumberones where I have just been welcomed back just yesterday.

Quote: "I would like to see you around the message board on a regular basis without the need to defend yourself."

Regards, TCB-WORLD Moderator.

Bottom line is while I was not even posting here the attacks on me continued on this thread which is quite revealing and quite strange behaviour, don't you think?

The bragging is all tongue in cheek many Elvis fans on message boards have spotted that. Try looking a little deeper

Roy Turner contacted me too last year, to ask if he could use the footage I put together (Synched with correct audio) from Elvis' September '56 show in Tupelo, that I have on my site. Of course, I gave him my blessing.

It looks like it's going to be a great event

Keith F, I'm not surprised that your hard work is appreciated by Roy Turner and Elvis fans in general. Well done!

Yes the "Elvis Comes Home" event in Tupelo should be quite a historic occasion in June.

I'm sure you will be looking forward to seeing the DVD when it is released.

Er..uh... Might this be called a Bragger???

Now how about something positive about Elvis's wonderful music which I was listening to before you were born

By the way I was busy with our grandchildren touring the east coast here in Ireland. Telling them about Elvis. Eating out and Playing on the beach etc

Then building a garden shed and landscaping. Collecting for the Rehab Charity. Reading interesting books.............going to the cinema, buying Magazines with Elvis on the Cover..MOJO and RECORD COLLECTOR.

Don't think I need to say anything else but... yes I do believe that you are a great Elvis Fan also. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Dovey, Yes please tell me all about Elvis's music I'm only 64

But what do I know?

Cool it a little on this discussion, please guys....

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Sonny

Backstage Pass
    the people of tupelo are the sweetest kin dest people
    i love the place
    i have a query about the i beleive it was a hammer that is in the museum that janelle did and it claims to have been used by vernon to build the shack is this really true?
    would it really have been saved for seventy odd years and also consideering that they would have had no reason to save it because elvis didn t become famous until 1956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12