Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the caricature of Elvis better known than the real Elvis?

I see more and more people that's younger than I am getting into Elvis. Maybe the remixes like "Little less conversation" and "Rubberneckin'" Shows Elvis' charisma. Maybe they show that he was more than a person who lost control of everything. I don't know why he became such a joke because stars now-a-days are doing much worst then what he has done. Probably cuz he's not here and he can't defend himself.

When i hear those jokes about Elvis being fat or laughing because he died in the bathroom i always tell them if they know how are they going to die or if they think they?ll stay in good shape when they become 40 or 50. That shuts their mouths up. Because you can laugh at someone else mortality but when somebody laughs at yours ... that?s another story.

you're completely right donut!
    and I love you so..people ask me how..how I've lived 'till now

Yeahhhh Donut! That's exactly how it is.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    EPE/RCA is to blame that Elvis is mostly remembered for his appearance in 1976 and 1977. Before those two final years, Elvis still looked great. Just look at pictures from the spring/july tours of 1975, or almost all pictures from the years before that.

I am not kidding: I was watching TTWII when a friend came in the room. You can't believe what he said: "O man, Elvis looks real fat here.... is this about when he died?"

I mean, how on earth can somone think that ELvis was fat in 1970?

Caricatures are stronger than reality. The saddest part with all this mockery: Elvis never did anyone harm. He was friendly to his fans, was respectfull to the press (eventhough he hated much of it) and you'd never hear a bad word from Elvis about fellow artists and bands. With all the self-centered artists from the 60s and up, Elvis should have been the last person to be victim of mockery.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

I think the jumpsuits had something to do with it too when the impersonators appeared. A lot of them were caricatures of Elvis that's for sure. What most jokers don't remember or realize is how great he looked in them and was probably the only artist that could have carried them off as he did. I guess people who are ignorant of something or someone will laugh at what they don't know for ever and ever.......

I think it's unfortunate that people make assumptions about Elvis, when they don't know anything about him...

It happens a lot...it could also be because a lot of books are written about him by people that never really knew him...showing pics of him overweight or in a negative light...for some it's easier to believe the bad over the good...

I don't think he looked overweight until the last year of his life...

franny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12