Thread: Elvis At The Piano (?)

Elvis At The Piano (?)

Hi Everyone:

I would like to know if anybody here has any clips with him playing the piano.

It excites me to know that he never had a lesson--that he knows how to play the piano by ear---such a talanted man our Elvis is.

Thanks!

Victoria

the only thing i have is when he's playin' unchained melody
    "Whitout a song, the day would never end"

Backstage Pass
    Watch Elvis That's the way it is SE, in that movie you can see him playing the piano

The same for me...there are a lot of pictures showing Elvis at the piano but few clips...and I can remember only the two they've already said. It's a pity not to have something more..

In the movie Change of Habit Elvis plays Lawdy Miss Clawdy on an old upright piano after they have painted the nuns apartment. It sounded like his style of playing so it may have been him. Also in Trouble With Girls he sits and is suppose to be playing as the end, but I'm less sure he really is.

Thanks everyone for your responses!! I wish I could have a CD of him playing alone on the piano--it's one of my dreams.

Victoria

The clip of Elvis playing the piano (Unchained Melody) can be found in the the DVD "Elvis The Great Performances."
    "You know, Bush is always comparing me to Elvis in sort of unflattering ways. I don't think Bush would have liked Elvis very much, and that's just another thing that's wrong with him."

Bill Clinton
    During the 1992 presidential campaign.

I can only remember also the 2 passages him playing piano.

Very sad because I like him so playing piano...

You can see another short clip of Elvis at the piano in the movie "This Is Elvis".
    In the movie they're talking about the return of Elvis with the Comeback Special but they show clips of the '70 when MGM was realizing TTWIS. I've never understood this "mistake" in the movie...does anyone know the reason?
    Anyway I like that clip of Elvis...when he says to the band .."well, see you tomorrow"...

As well as people that posted above, I have seen Elvis playing Unchained Melody in 1977, then the part of him playing the piano in This Is Elvis (he is also filmed from behind there), and the part from TTWII, the How The Web Was Woven song..I don't think there were other footage I've seen as regards that

I have tried to learn to play piano by myself, but I found it quite complicated, especially playing using both hands...I gotta say Elvis was sure a talented guy

Some days ago I was watching the movie "The Troubles with girls" and you can see Elvis playing the piano also there, especially in one of the last scenes...so sweet! I had forgotten it!!!