Thread: Sequel

Backstage Pass

Sequel

hey guys, i have a question for you, for anyone who saw "elvis" the mini-series, starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers, would you like to see a sequel? the first part ended at the comeback special, i am asking if jonathan should continue doing his later years, I read somewhere that he was thinking about it but he wasn?t 100% clear, what do you guys think?>
    ADRIANNA

Backstage Pass
    The miniseries werent awful but werent great.The first half was interesting and then it went down hill half way through everything.'68 comeback If i can dream sequence was a disaster.Not sure what to say on all this.They better get some nice wigs for the guy etc... if they want to make this decent and tell him to not exagerate the lip thing and the accent.

This mini-series in my opinion stunk!! Some of the acting was terrible. If they have different actors, maybe so.

Cadillac King
    I SINCERLY HOPE NOT...WHAT A TRAGEDY THAT SERIES WAS AND WHAT AN AWFUL ACTOR THIS GUY WAS..
    HAVE A NICE DAY, BOGARCON

I never want to see the original movie again, let alone a sequel. The movie was a disgrace to Elvis' legacy and in my opinion nothing more than a distasteful publicity stunt on Priscilla's behalf to boost the sales of the Elvis By The Presley's venture. I forced myself to watch right up until the 68 Comeback sequence where the actor looked like he was having a seizure. Then I just turned the TV off in discust. Sorry if I've offended any fans of the movie.
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

I dont think it was that bad. I like the way the movie was done, just didnt like the guy playing Elvis. The rest of the casting was awesome. I do agree that it was done to help boost the sales of the upcoming 'Elvis By The Presleys' dvd, but it put our man out in the public eye again and thats a good thing. And I would love to see another min-series done about the seventies, only with a different actor playing EP. If there is going to be anything done in the future I hope the same people who produced this will do the next one also. The best done Elvis project I've saw in a long time.
    Last edited by THENATUREBOY; 01-19-2006 at 04:51 PM.
    On the hills of Georgia
    Across the plains of Tennessee
    I've seen and I've done most everything
    That a man can do or see

I thought it was horrible! I sincerely hope there's NO SEQUEL!!!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com