Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Has Been to Graceland?

Who Has Been to Graceland?

Who has been to Graceland? I have, it was my dream for 5 years and now i'v done it! I was there on 9/21/05. I'm thinking to go there for Elvis week next year.
    Last edited by elvis fan 1976; 01-05-2006 at 10:25 PM.
    I did it my way.

I have been there about ten years ago. By the time I flew over to the states I was 19 years old and it was a dream come true. I visited the house three times and I was surprised how small it was (I know families with larger houses). But I liked it. Although it isn't really my taste of furniture, I think its cool if someone has his own style and furnishes the house the way he likes it without thinking about what other people might think. Around the house they have built something like Disneyland wich is completely tastless, but it earns a lot of money. And that isn't the worst thing to do. Especially if you earn your millions with an entertainer who died so long ago. Long live the king!

Cadillac King

Graceland trips

I`ve been there 30 times from 1977 to 2004. My next trip will be in 2007 with 84 members from the club and 2 buses. WE will stay in Memphis for 5 complete days, 3 days in Nashville and 3 days in Branson (Missouri).
    have a nice day, bogarcon

I've been there in 2004,
    Never forget this
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

That's great you went there!

I've been twice.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I've been there twice, once in the mid-90s and then once in 2002. I enjoyed the second visit much more. It was amazing to pull up to the house and have Elvis singing "Welcome To My World"! I also enjoyed seeing the Lisa Marie jet, the jumpsuits, and the Meditation Garden. I took my girlfriend at the time (we are now married) and she loved it as well, even though she was just getting to know EP at the time. Now she is a big fan.
    "I can't see my reflection in the water. I can't speak the sounds that show no pain. I can't hear the echo of my footsteps. I can't remember the sound of my own name" - Tomorrow Is A Long Time

Cadillac King
    I`ve been 3 times, the greatest place on earth.

Backstage Pass
    I went last month when I was visiting friends in Memphis- I really loved it, it was alot to take in though, so I will need to go back

my friend's husband once fitted a generator in Graceland (in the late 60's), and he got a tour of the house by Elvis himself!!!!!....how cool!!

branson missouri

what is so good about this place, i hear everyone talkin about it

pacer

Cadillac King
    You can`t really explain it but I had been a fan for 10 years until I made the visit from England and as soon as I had been I had to go back there.
    Theres such a pull to go back that you can`t explain.
    Being in the places where he lived, shopped etc is the most beautiful experience ever.

A Number of times

I've been to Memphis just once but, I've been to Graceland four times!...It was everything I expected and more.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

Cadillac King
    I've been to Graceland in 1999. It was great and I'm hoping to go again in the Elvis week some day.

Be safe and take care,

Christel (TCE)

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis fan 1976
    Who has been to Graceland? I have, it was my dream for 5 years and now i'v done it! I was there on 8/21/05. I'm thinking to go there for Elvis week next year.
    I've been to Graceland twice....once in 1988 and again for Elvis Week 2000!!!

If you can go for Elvis Week, you definitely should....while Graceland is cool to visit anytime of the year, being there for Elvis Week is unlike anything I have ever experienced before!!! The best way I can describe it is one giant family reunion!!! There are Elvis fans from all over the world, from all walks of life there, and it is simply amazing to meet fans from everywhere!!! I met several people while I was there for Elvis Week and have maintained friendships with them all since then!!!

If you can go for Elvis Week....I would recommend it HIGHLY!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I've been there twice, in 1995 and 2000. Looking forward to go again...

i went there in 2002 with my wife who isnt a big elvis fan.when we got to his grave i kept myself together (just )
    i turned to my wife and she was sobbing her heart out.the power of the king eh!
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

I've been twice, once in 2003 and in 2004. 2004 was during Elvis week. Hope to go again in 2007 and visit Las Vegas then too.

My first visit was in May 2003
    Planning on going again!

2007 will be my fourth time...2007 will be a great year to visit Elvisweek...believe me...

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Hi,
    When they first opened the gates my aunt and uncle took me and my brother. I was so enthralled that I can hardly remember the details of the visit. I went next in the late 80's and took a military friend of mine. It had changed a lot but we were in such a hurry ( she had to catch a plane) we didn't get to see everything. I have not been back since but I have been the Smithsonian Rock and Roll museum in downtown Memphis and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Memphis. It has a great Elvis area and the Indian Jumpsuit is displayed there along with one other. I met Howling Wolf's son there and he sang a few bars of one of his dad's songs for my aunt, (who is a big Howling Wolf fan) she was beside herself.

As far as Graceland. It has to be experienced to gain a true appreciation. Some may think it is a bit gaudy but in the 70's that deco was very cool. (talking about the Jungle Room, TV room and the Pool room). The Meditation Garden made me sad both times, but I guess as a fan it would be hard not to be. I want to go back because it has changed dramatically since then and I would like to take my time and go by myself. Now being in my 40's I feel a bit different about Elvis ( in a good and more introspective way) and would definately have a deeper experience being there.

Go there, take your time and have fun!! You'll love it!!
    Last edited by Menwithbrokenhearts; 03-28-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

I was there this past summer. But like everyone says, it is so much to take in, you defenitly need more than one visit. I defenitly hope to go back soon!! It is really special to see the home of Elvis, and it gives you a greater understanding of him.
    There's so much world to see
    For me, there's so much world to see
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!
    - waiting to see Australia.
    It's that little problem money first!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast