Thread: 2 piece emperor suit VS rainfall suit

Backstage Pass

2 piece emperor suit VS rainfall suit

isnt this the same jumpsuit?

rainfall suit pics

2 piece emperor suit pics

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    The first 3 are the Rainfall suits the rest are the Emperor suits, both very different

Matt

Backstage Pass
    i see now looking at the pants that they are different. just thought the crotch and the vertical stitch line going on both sides of the jacket looked very much the same
    and i havent found any other info on this emperor suit. does it have an alternate' or nick name?
    any info on the emperor suit would be appreciated

Hi Sabbath, first of all I would like to make a correction in your question. This is not a jumpsuit but a two-piece. Jumpsuits are made of one piece like an overall.
    The rest of the question is already answered by Matt. Elvis had several of these leather outfits. They were made by North Beach Leather, Los Angeles.

Apart form those two suits, there was a third kind of similar, dont know the name, I call It the orange leather '74 suit, does anyone know anything more about that one, photo posted below, plus, does anyone have any photo of that orange leathe being weared on Stage?

Hava a nice day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leather '74 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock
    Apart form those two suits, there was a third kind of similar, dont know the name, I call It the orange leather '74 suit, does anyone know anything more about that one, photo posted below, plus, does anyone have any photo of that orange leathe being weared on Stage?

Hava a nice day.
    I believe this was called the Two Piece Wine Glass!

I haven't seen any pictures of Elvis wearing this on stage but that doesn't mean it wasn't as the others have been worn in Vegas and this meant not many pictures were taken of a lot of suits worn there (or few).

To be honest Elvis doesn't look well in these pictures and his stomach looks distended?

I do have some other pictures taken at this meeting...........

Leroy will have the info I'm pretty sure of that

JJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leather%20%2774.jpg   Leather%20%2774%202.jpg   Copia%20de%20Leather%20%2774%201.jpg  

Leather%2074%206.jpg   aug3019740ch.jpg  

Elvis did wear the "Wine Glass" on August 31st, during the midnight show. No pictures surfaced yet.

THanks for the feedback, yes indeed something was wrong with Elvis belly, I mean thats not fat its somehing else, if you look at the pics of Elvis wearing the Emperor suit or the rainfall or the rare wine glass, he actually was in very good shape, look at his legs, arms, chest and face, he was as slim as in Nov ?70, but yet there it was that weird looking belly, it may have to do with the distended colon thing?

Anyway I think is a shame he didnt wear this suits more often I think he looked great on them despite the health problems, I like those suits pretty much, the orange is kind of wild, I think they are somekind underrated because Elvis didnt looked good, but they far better ones than some jumpsuits of the later period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouni
    I found this pic from the web and i think that the suit Elvis is wearing is not any of the suits mentioned above. So what's this suit called?

Jouni
    That is the Emperor Suit

JJ

Roustabouts
    Actually, Elvis was putting on a lot of weight in this period. This Vegas engagement preceded the tour where John Wilkinson says, "He was all gut...we trouble recognizing him." It's true though, the longer hair looks good, and his face looks thin, almost '70-like. It's also been noted that Elvis was doing cocaine heavily during this engagement, possibly the cause of the long, rambling and aggressive monologues that were such a feature of this period of his life. Supposedly, Red West found out it was a member of Voice scoring for Elvis and broke the guy's foot by slamming a door on it. Anyway, these are cool suits, too bad Elvis wasn't in the kind of physical shape necessary to pull them off. I guess when you're higher than a kite on speed and blow, you don't pay attention to such things.

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    I did not know that Elvis did coke.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I believe this was called the Two Piece Wine Glass!

I haven't seen any pictures of Elvis wearing this on stage but that doesn't mean it wasn't as the others have been worn in Vegas and this meant not many pictures were taken of a lot of suits worn there (or few).

To be honest Elvis doesn't look well in these pictures and his stomach looks distended?

I do have some other pictures taken at this meeting...........

Leroy will have the info I'm pretty sure of that

JJ

here some more pictures in bigger size..

marcel

I've seen pictures of two other tan leather suits with dark brown stitching that were much plainer and only of the suits - Elvis wasn't wearing them. Also there is another picture of that is not very clear of him wearing a white one called the White Indian Leather suit. Anyone have these pictures? I think I saw them on Silvester's Elvis Pages.

Diane

What a great photo of him. I've not seen too many of Elvis in this type of suit. Were these worn at Vegas performances only? I don't recall seeing these outfits in the OnTour performances.

PS. Just a bit of griping here, why is that when ETA or impersonators do Elvis they wear the jumpsuit AND the pompadour? His hair was quite stylish in the 70's reflecting the times, & IMO, would fit in well in these times.

International Level
    Leory,

Need your help. I think it was back in 2004 during Elvis week one of those 2 piece leather jumpsuits. One of them where giving to Elvis by Willie Nelson? I know you know alot about these jumpsuits is it true.

Your friend,
    Tim Dudley