Thread: Elvis, by the Presleys

Elvis, by the Presleys

Just saw the program with Cilla and Lisa telling their story about Elvis, husband and father.
    Some clips I have never seen before, and alot of things we all know.
    The thing I wonder about is....Why didn't Cilla tell the truth about her trainer who she had an affair with? I know Elvis didn't play fair, but she made it all Elvis fault in my mind. Couldnt be easy living with him and all the guys all around all the time...all the girls etc, I know that..but it just bothered me that she made it look like it was all his fault...dunno, just had to get this out of my system.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Erlend from Norway. I'm 33 and been an Elvis fan since I was 4-5. Last book I read about ELvis was "The unmaking of Elvis Presley:Careless Love" by Peter Guralnick, and that book really made an impression on me. I just feel so sorry for the guy. I kinda understand him, at the same time I get pissed that he could throw his life away the way he did. Yeah, I know it must have been though and that he didn't have a "real" life...but ****..what a waste..what a talent...what a man...
    Sorry, just had to get some frustration out of my body..

i too was surprised and annoyed with priscilla in the programme. it was ridiculous how she didn't mention the trainer. it seemed to me that she wanted sympathy, as it was her programme and her view, and so she shifted the blame. she seemed to be a very clever woman in the programme and at times i thought she behaved very reasonably but the amount of time she spent dwelling on elvis' infidelity, not at all mentioning her little fling, drove me mad. im glad you mentioned it...
    what also annoys me about cilla, now you've got me started, is how she still calls herself "priscilla presley", despite having got a divorce from elvis and having a new beau. anyway, that's a different matter.
    i have nothing actually against priscilla- i find her very interesting to listen to and i love the way she defends elvis' name the majority of the time.
    anyway, i thought 'elvis by the presleys' was a really interesting programme.. lisa talking about her father moved me to tears.

Yeah, Lisa loved her father...and he loved her to death. Nice to hear her talk about when he sang to her at the bed...but sad to hear about when she had to carry him to his bed when he was "waisted". I dunno..sad but true i guess

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_rose
    Just saw the program with Cilla and Lisa telling their story about Elvis, husband and father.
    Some clips I have never seen before, and alot of things we all know.
    The thing I wonder about is....Why didn't Cilla tell the truth about her trainer who she had an affair with? I know Elvis didn't play fair, but she made it all Elvis fault in my mind. Couldnt be easy living with him and all the guys all around all the time...all the girls etc, I know that..but it just bothered me that she made it look like it was all his fault...dunno, just had to get this out of my system.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Erlend from Norway. I'm 33 and been an Elvis fan since I was 4-5. Last book I read about ELvis was "The unmaking of Elvis Presley:Careless Love" by Peter Guralnick, and that book really made an impression on me. I just feel so sorry for the guy. I kinda understand him, at the same time I get pissed that he could throw his life away the way he did. Yeah, I know it must have been though and that he didn't have a "real" life...but ****..what a waste..what a talent...what a man...
    Sorry, just had to get some frustration out of my body..
    I felt exactly the same, it was completely one-sided and are you talking about the dance instructor or the karate instructor because she had affairs with them both during the marriage and she didn`t mention either of them during Elvis By The Presleys although she mentioned plenty about Elvis`s affairs.

That's one of the advantages if your husband (or ex-husband, to be correct) has died. You can paint the picture of your marrage, that you want the people to see and there is no one around, that corrects it. She re-designed Graceland and she re-designed their relationship. And if you look at her face, she even re-designed herself.

Elvis - By The Presleys .

Having seen this dvd an on tv (over the past months )i feel that this was a one sided story fromn Cilla . We all know how much Elvis loved his family , and fans .-
    I for one will say that this is a one sided story - i feel ( on Cillas part) , that she was accustomed to this way of life , from a very young age .
    there should have been a few more footage of Elvis and family , that were not seen before and more features such as songs and photos that were not seen before .

thats how i feel any way - many people have other views .-

Cadillac King
    This is an extract from a television interview that Priscilla did in 1978 with Rosa Barrett and there she is make-up and hair all perfect and being false as usual and I`m thinking show some emotion woman Elvis has just died and shes sat there flicking her hair back with no emotion.
    Rosa said that since he died everyone has been making a buck off Elvis but not his ex-wife Priscilla Presley.

Rosa- "If you had a problem could you sit with Elvis, would he take the time to listen to what was aching you and could he comfort you?"
    Priscilla- "I very rarely went to him with any problems, its a very strange relationship, it was a love but I never wanted to upset him because he took it so hard, if I were to come to him with a problem it would hurt him deeply so I`d work it out myself"
    Rosa- "That must have been very tough on you"
    Priscilla- "It was tough but you make it and you`re able to weigh what you want most, Elvis`s happiness meant a lot to me".

But nearly ten years later in the Presley documentary in 1987 she said that "we really needed to sit down and talk and I`m sure anything could have been resolved but those times weren`t really there".
    Once again she has changed her story.
    Last edited by joanne; 12-15-2005 at 05:01 PM.

Yes! Priscilla looks terrible these days! I thought she was very attractive in the past, but it seems she tried to get a little "comestic help" in the last year or two. I think she actually visited Michael Jackson's surgeon. UGLY!

She looked REALLY bad on Oprah when she was on with Lisa.

her appearence actually scares me... at times she looks younger than her own daughter and somewhat alienlike... lisa marie however is very beautiful. priscilla looks like a plastic chipmunk (although in her youth, before plastic phase, was incredible looking)

Cadillac King
    The Joker appearance just proves how vain she is and how sad that its all she ever had she certainly never had a personality and no depth to her character.
    She is desperate to hang onto her looks and cannot stand to be old its quite pathetic really.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by amzietamzie
    i too was surprised and annoyed with priscilla in the programme. it was ridiculous how she didn't mention the trainer. it seemed to me that she wanted sympathy, as it was her programme and her view, and so she shifted the blame. she seemed to be a very clever woman in the programme and at times i thought she behaved very reasonably but the amount of time she spent dwelling on elvis' infidelity, not at all mentioning her little fling, drove me mad. im glad you mentioned it...
    what also annoys me about cilla, now you've got me started, is how she still calls herself "priscilla presley", despite having got a divorce from elvis and having a new beau. anyway, that's a different matter.
    i have nothing actually against priscilla- i find her very interesting to listen to and i love the way she defends elvis' name the majority of the time.
    anyway, i thought 'elvis by the presleys' was a really interesting programme.. lisa talking about her father moved me to tears.
    No kidding. The whole time I was watching on Dutch TV yesterday I was thinking of poor Marco Garibaldi. He must have quite a strong sense of self to spend about 20 years PUBLICLY IGNORED by his live in partner, mother of his (only) child If you wouldn't know anything about Pris, you'd think that
    a) she's Elvis' widow rather than his ex
    b) she spent her life after Elvis' death as a nun, guarding and protecting his memory instead of roaming from lover to lover, putting HIS name to HER use, and having a relationship, that has lasted much longer than her marriage to Elvis has, that produced a teenage son
    c) since she obviously found a more fullfilling relationship in her liason with Garibaldi, more loving and stable than ever with Elvis, she'd take on his name, or keep her own maiden name. Instead she - post divorce and past death - went back to her dead ex-husband's name!!!!

The manipulative woman makes me sick.

Cadillac King
    I completely agree.
    The reason though that Marco Garibaldi puts up with it is because they`re both coining it in. She`ll tell him that shes going to make them some money and hes not going to stop her is he after all I think he pretty much lives off her.
    He is supposedly into computers and he is the one that has just done Priscillas website which has pictures of Priscilla through the years and how conveniant that there are lots with Elvis and Lisa Marie but none with her new family. There isn`t one photograph of Marco Garibaldi.
    She is obsessed with perpetuating the myth of being Elvis`s widow and to show the new man would interfere with that.