Thread: Your boyfriend says:"Is either me,or Elvis

Your boyfriend says:"Is either me,or Elvis

Hello TCB friiends!

If you have a friend who never heard of Elvis,but is angry because there are frame pictures of Elvis all over your house?Why there are six cd's of Elvis on your Cd player?Why you have so many books on Elvis?Your DVD collection of movies and documentaries on Elvis?And why while the two of you were driving to buy the Christmas tree Elvis came on the radio singing:"Blue Christmas" and all the sudden you started to cry.He tells you"Alright.Im fed up with this guy Elvis.Is either him or me"What would you do?He is asking you to trow away all of your Elvis collection if you want to continue seing him.I need help here.Im not trowing my collection away,but I do love my boyfriend

TCB

Aly
    Man,I just work here!(Elvis 68')

Get rid of the boyfriend and find someone who likes Elvis like you do.

Never get rid of your Elvis stuff just because some guy tells you to.

You will never be happy with him, he sounds like a complete loser to me
    Joe Lightcloud

Cadillac King
    pack his bags, its over.

I'd say you do have a big problem, but I would defnitely NOT get rid of any of my Elvis stuff! You do need a boyfriend that loves Elvis. Or a boyfriend that just understands and cares enough to let you have your Elvis collection and be kinder to you.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Have to agree with Tommy. Your boyfriend needs to respect what is important to you and back off.

Backstage Pass
    Just say to him: "IF you're looking for trouble, you came to the right place..."
    "When You Let Your Head get Too Big, It'll Break your Neck" Elvis Presley.

Coming On Strong
    I agree! It's not necessary that your boyfriend is an Elvis fan, or even that he likes Elvis, but it is important that he respects you. And why is he so upset? He sounds as though he's jealous. Of a man who's been dead 28 years?
    "They poisoned you with compromise; At what point did you realize; Everyone loved your life but you...
    ...No one learned from your mistakes; We let our profits go to waste. All that's left, in any case, is Advertising Space"

If your boyfriend cannot handle what you like and the degree to which you like it, then you need to sit down and chat long and hard. Communication is always key. If, at the end of that, your boyfriend is still forcing you to make a choice, then he clearly doesn't respect your wants and needs and you're better off without him. It IS that simple.

Well, I don't think your boyfriend would have to be an Elvis-fan; he should respect your musical taste, though.

I know that for some folks tastes are hard to understand.. But it's not okay to keep you from enjoying Elvis the way you would love to.

Your boyfriend can't really love you that much if he's trying to change you.

Sorry you're having this problem,I really feel for you right now.
    One of my ex boyfriends use to be jealous because I liked Elvis.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    My wife is not a big Elvis fan but she is very tolerant of me being one. I'm 40 years old and have never had a relationship that was two sided until this one and that is who I married. I was 34 years old and it was worth the wait. My experience is that life is too short to put up with a one sided love affair. Be patient and picky, it'll be worth it.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

How ill is this guy to be jealous of a dead man......

Backstage Pass
    I had a girlfriend, not a long time ago. When she came over I always looked to Elvis on DVD. And the first time she looked it together with me. But a few months later she came and saw Elvis and she said to me...are you in love with him? And we where sitting in my Elvisroom..complete Elvis wall to wall. So she said again 'You have a complete room covered with a man who's dead a long time ago..'. I said 'yeah, that's true, I do love him...Like family'..That was fine for her..so we had a few more months..Then I was looking Aloha from Hawaii and she came in and I said to her..'I must look for something on the internet'..I wanted to find some lyrics of the Aloha songs..So when she saw that I was looking for something of Elvis she stood up..ad yelled to me 'What is it with you! Elvis! Elvis! Elvis!'. I stood up and said very slow to her..
    'What do you want?'. She yelled again 'You can choose me or Elvis!'. And I sat down again on the couch and I said to her 'Is this room covered with you or him?'. She was mad and said 'HIM!'. I said (still very calm) 'Then you know who I choose'. She was mad and left..Still see her sometimes but she's still crazy of me I know that from her girlfriends..But I don't care..When I'm in my Elvisroom I don't need anyone else..It's strange...I'm just 17 so..maybe I'm not ready for it I don't know..Someday I will found something and I can say 'Welcome to my world, won't you come on in? '.

All I want to say is:

If he's really love you, he takes you who you are..even your collections and what you like..Even Elvis..

My husband is not an Elvis fan either,we have so many things in common but not Elvis...
    And belive me I drive him crazy with Elvis every day ,but he never asked me to choose between him or Elvis,he would never give up on me just because I am an Elvis fan,or ask me to give up his music cause he knows it makes me so happy...he even bought me Elvis cds-dvd's
    Can't imagine my life without both of them..
    Last edited by SANDRA; 12-17-2005 at 09:44 AM.

I can understand it only if you're listening to Elvis all the time without headphones. If someone doesn't like this music it really drives him crazy. If I would live together with someone who listens to heavy metal all the time, I couldn't stand it, too. But if you don't disturb your boyfriend with your music, he has to accept it. If he just doesn't like the fact, that you have not dedicated your life completely to him, I believe that he is the one with the problem...

Stick Up for Yourself!!

Sure sounds like you have a big problem there. But the truth is Elvis is gone and no threat to him at all and if he has a problem with it.... I would tell him to "deal with it" and by no means get rid of anything I had of Elvis's or stop listening to him. Some men just never do grow up

But my best wishes to you and always remember if he can not deal with the reality that Elvis is gone he sure would not be able to deal with you likeing someone who is still alive and popular in todays world. (Follow your heart and you will make the right dissension ~~ Love is not always where we think it is!!)

Happy Holidays to you Dovey

Cadillac King
    First of all if I wouldn't be married I'd look for someone who likes Elvis too and secondly: that some one has to take me for what I am, as I have to do too with him. So the smartest thing is to look for someone who likes Elvis too. That would mean less tension. Lol.

Be safe and atke care,

Christel (TCE)

Roustabouts
    To that I would say.... boyfriends come and go.... but your Elvis collection is forever......

Just get rid of him... he is immature, he should love you for what you are.. what you like, every little bitty things about you.

My husband is not an Elvis fan and he never will, thats just him and I am not going to 'convert' him or whatsoever.. the good thing is that he never stop me for being me.. including my admiration of Elvis, he would let me buy stuff about Elvis, listen to his music , watching his movies even to the cheesiest one , the last thing come out from his mouth is if we had enough space for all the books and DVDs, CDs collections that I keep adding in the next 10 years.. ( LOL)

Really?, your boyfriend said that? I had a similar experience. My boyfriend was very jealous of Elvis. We broke up. I can't be with someone who doesn't like Elvis or at least respect my admiration for him.
    Your boyfriend must respect that part of you too. Must accept you like Elvis music, movies...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy