Thread: The Time Life Collection

Cadillac King

The Time Life Collection

Didn't see a cover I really liked for this one, the one everyone has is a dvd case cover, so I had a little fun with this one, if anyone would like it, here it is, comments always welcome, it's a little different, Al
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails time preview.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Al,

Thank you very much for the really great artwork!!

Happy Holidays,

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Port Elizabeth - Eastern Cape - South Africa
    Hi Al

Thank You 1st of all for them Beautuful Covers - Inlay and Label I just Printed Them and it Looks Lovely

I have discussed in a previous Thread the Resolusion / Quality about Pictures (Covers / Labels) and just Used Yours now as a Test - I use Corel Draw 10 / 12 (Both and Suite) and saved Your Zip File(s) and opened it in / with Various Programs (as Your Up-Loaded Format JPG) and Saved it with Corel Draw BUT in Bitmap (BMP) Format - NOT ONLY did the Saved Resolution went up to 600 dpi from the JPG Version of 72 dpi but the Difference in Quality is so Re-Markable that it looked like I just Made it My-Self in Corel Draw - Just thought I would let You know. I also did the same with "Adobe" Illustrator - Indesign and Photoshop Version and NOT even near in the same Quality as Corel Draw - I think it's "Export" Feature is just a step in front of the "others" - You can choose the Resolution to Export with.

Great Work Al

Best Wishes

André
    Last edited by ElvisFanSA; 12-10-2005 at 11:35 AM.
    "In Years Gone By"

Cadillac King
    Thanks Guys,

as far as the corel, I use the JASC paint shop pro, which is from corel, it's a great choice for the price, and you're right the quality is fantastic! glad you enjoyed them, Al

Al,

I have to congratulate you, these turned out EXCELLENTLY WELL

Barry-

Port Elizabeth - Eastern Cape - South Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    I can export or save any file in any resolution I want, in PS, Illy or Indesign. Who ever gave you the idea this was not possible?
    My "Quote" / "Post"

"Originally Posted by ElvisFanSA
    Hi Al

I think it's "Export" Feature is just a step in front of the "others" - You can choose the Resolution to Export with.

Great Work Al

Best Wishes

Andr?"

It is ONLY MY PERSONAL View and or Opinion and NOBODY Gave Me "ANY IDEA" that it "was NOT Possible" with any other "Program" (did I actually say that? - if so I am truely sorry!) it still Printed Absolutely Fantastic with Corel Draw (or is it maybe My Printer?) and that is the bottom line for Me.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays

Andr?
    "In Years Gone By"

Cadillac King
    Hey Guys, thanks for the comments. Ron, I made sure that these were the drawing from old RCA albums, not someone's personal work. The front was from the Always On My Mind Lp, the back from Elvis'56 lp, The other two from the Elvis Country and I was the One Remakes, I've never worked with the drawings, so I figured I'd do it once as a kind of a theme, you're right, I thought about some other drawings, but I didn't want to insult someone, anyway, hope everyone enjoys these, Al

Obviously, from my posts, I enjoy the Elvis paintings a great deal. I don't think that using a painting on an Alt Cover is any different than using a photo where you aren't the original photographer. I thought the paintings on the "I Was The One" and "Elvis 56" Lp's were especially good and think Al has done an outstanding job in using them in his design.

Let's keep variety alive here, utilizing both photos and paintings in designing Alt Covers. If a painting is used in creating Alternate Cover Art by someone other than the original artist, it's certainly not meant to detract from the artist's work, quite the contrary, it's very complimentary to the artist.

The paintings offer an opportunity to present Elvis in ways that were never or perhaps never could be captured on film, so why not use them just as you would a photo?

Just my two cents worth.........This board is THE BEST, so no hard feelings!