Thread: Elvis's belongings

Backstage Pass

Elvis's belongings

After elvis died, does anyone know if he belongings were kept at graceland, i'm curious, or maybe did they move his things elsewhere?
    ADRIANNA

Cadillac King
    The vultures came in and took what they wanted.

Backstage Pass
    vultures? thats aweful! i mean, thats so ignorant, why would they do that? who were they?
    ADRIANNA

Cadillac King
    Lets put it this way Priscilla has got a lot of Elvis`s jewellery because Mike Edwards said so. Shes kept a lot of his stuff back just in case the well runs dry.
    Last edited by joanne; 12-01-2005 at 04:35 PM.

Elvis's belongings

Quote Originally Posted by joanne
    Lets put it this way Priscilla has got a lot of Elvis`s jewellery because mike Edwards said so. Shes kept a lot of his stuff back just in case the well runs dry.

Precilla
    Man,I just work here!(Elvis 68')

Coming On Strong
    There are about three huge warehouses throughout Memphis full of Elvis' things. The warehouses are kept climate controlled, fire safe, earthquake safe, etc. Elvis and his parents never threw anything out. There are things in those Archives Buildings that goes as fas back as Elvis' childhood. Nobody will disclose the location of these buildings... probably for fear that someone will try to break into them.

I have always wondered if Elvis' bedroom was left exactly the same when he passed away. I've heard contradicting stories. Some claim that it was left untouched while others say that they have cleared everything out of the bedroom. IF they did clear it out, my guess is that the contents of his bedroom is stored in one of those Archive Buildings. I'd love to be able to go through those buildings!!!! Imagine all of the things that there is to see... things that we have never seen before. I can imagine all of the clothes, jewelry, pictures, home movies, furniture, fan mail, etc. I know that I'd be in Heaven to get the opportunity to explore those buildings.

I bet that a lot of Elvis' family and friends have taken quite a bit of stuff over the years. That's really sad when you think about it. When Elvis was alive, he took care of everyone in his inner circle. They never wanted for anything. Elvis was the most generous human being that I can think of. Quite a few people who knew and worked for Elvis are selling things that he gave to them... just take a look at eBay sometimes. If Elvis ever gave me anything, there's no way that I would ever sell it!!!

Cadillac King
    I am so upset that his bedroom has been stripped (if true). That room could have been completely sealed and could have remained untouched for all these years why do they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by joanne
    Lets put it this way Priscilla has got a lot of Elvis`s jewellery because Mike Edwards said so. Shes kept a lot of his stuff back just in case the well runs dry.
    Now, now. We all know Priscilla would never ever do that.
    On the hills of Georgia
    Across the plains of Tennessee
    I've seen and I've done most everything
    That a man can do or see

I have heard that Elvis' bedroom remains untouched, but I think it would be more clever to store everything in some warehouse. It much easier to keep all the things clean and clima controlled if they are put into storage. But maybe for sentimental reasons they stay in the upper level of Graceland.

I hope, the everything was filmed in 1980 or 1981 when they produced "This Is Elvis". Back then the house still looked the way, Elvis had it decorated. In the opening scenes of the movie you can see, that the living room looked still the way, it was redecorated in 1974. Maybe they filmed a bit more around the house and that a few more scenes where shot upstairs.

It would be interesting, if such material was released as a bonus on the next "Graceland" dvd.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by orwell1976
    I have heard that Elvis' bedroom remains untouched, but I think it would be more clever to store everything in some warehouse. It much easier to keep all the things clean and clima controlled if they are put into storage. But maybe for sentimental reasons they stay in the upper level of Graceland.

I hope, the everything was filmed in 1980 or 1981 when they produced "This Is Elvis". Back then the house still looked the way, Elvis had it decorated. In the opening scenes of the movie you can see, that the living room looked still the way, it was redecorated in 1974. Maybe they filmed a bit more around the house and that a few more scenes where shot upstairs.

It would be interesting, if such material was released as a bonus on the next "Graceland" dvd.
    It would be interesting to see how it looked when Elvis died before it was redone for the Graceland opening.

Backstage Pass
    His bedroom and all the other rooms upstairs kept the same. But they must make a inventory when he died..They wrote down all that was there in the rooms. But there are little things missing..like books and clothes..but all the rest is the same. Even his upstairs office is the same. The desk and chair who are availible on the tour are from upstairs but all from the 60's even his books and all that, what you see.

Cadillac King
    It was on this board where it was claimed that Elvis`s bedroom was completely stripped.

Backstage Pass
    It isn't...but for thieves, it's a little to easy if they say that everything is really still there..Or for people who are in the house..You just don't know what people could do if they want something from him. They spread rumours that he's empty..so that nobody is trying to get in the room.