20: I'm Falling In Love Tonight - take 6
    21: They Remind Me Too Much Of You - takes 6 & 7
    22: Relax - takes 5-7
    23: Happy Ending - takes 4-6
    24: Take Me To The Fair - August master - Acetate

Reviews:
    none
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ftd22.jpg  
    Last edited by Jungleroom76; 02-10-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Cadillac King
    I think this was the first Elvis vinyl soundtrack I ever owned. I've always had a soft spot for this one. Thanks, Ernst. Now it's even better. Elvis is in great voice for these sessions. His singing is so effortless. Highly recomended. 4 stars.

Review

Reviewing the Fair

The Content:
    Even though this soundtrack is not much different than alot of the other ones from the 60's, there are alot of good songs in this soundtrack. There is a good mix of ballads, blues, and some rockin' tunes. The outtakes were a cool addition to a pretty good soundtrack. Almost every song except for one has an outtakes.

The Sound:
    The mix of the songs is very clear. To me Elvis' voice is so smooth in this soudtrack. Almost like velvet. The music is at the right volume with Elvis' voice coming through evenly.

The Songs:

Beyond the Bend-A good shakin' the leg kind of tune. Nice to have a false start and a complete outtakes of this one.

Relax-Too me this song is more sexual then Fever. I think Elvis seems to be really feeling it. Great to have a string of false starts and a complete outtakes on this one.

Take Me to the Fair-A song that tells part of the story line of the movie. Nicely done, but one of those that seems kind of goofy. Cool to have outtakes of it still.

They Remind Me Too Much of You-A beautiful ballad. Very underrated among Elvis fans. What is amazing is even the outtakes could of been masters. Elvis seems to really pour himself into this song. Maybe he was thinking about a girl he missed that was in another country far away.

One Broken Heart for Sale-A classic hit. I think RCA dropped the ball in not promoting it more for it to be a bigger hit than it was. Again we are given some cool outtakes which shows how Elvis enjoyed having fun while recording.

I'm Falling in Love Tonight-A nicely done ballad. In my opinion not as good as They Remind Me Too Much of You, but still a very nice ballad. Plus we get some cool outtakes of ti as well.

Cotton Candy Land-Ok here we have a very low point in the soundtrack. Even the outtakes do not bring it up any. This is just a very stupid song.

A World of Our Own-Ok this is another low point, not as low as the previous one. The outtakes are cool to have, but the song itself doesnt do anything for the soundtrack.

How Would You Like to Be-Elvis always seemed to have a song that was for kids. This is one of those tunes. For example, in Double Trouble you have Old MacDonald, Paradise Hawaiian Style Had Queenie Wahine Papaya, Harum Scarum had Shake that Tambourine, Frankie and Johnny had Chesay, Spinout had Smorgasboard, Girl Happy had Do the Clam. So i know i went on and on, but i just wanted to make sure my point was made. Still cute song nothing wrong with and the outtakes were cool also.

Happy Ending-Nice ending to the movie as well as the soundtrack. Fast pace and great to have outtakes to it as well.

All in all, well packaged CD from FTD that keeps on giving us what we want. If you are an Elvis fan then yes you should get it. The booklet with the CD is very nicely done with colorful pictures and a great set to have all together

Keep'em coming FTD and thanks

Rockin

Not good cd

They Remind Me Too Much Of You is one of his best crooning numbers and a lovely song
    Relax is almost a parody of Fever in its arrangement but it's still great!
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Re: FTD 22 - It Happened At The World's Fair

They Remind Me Too Much of You is definately one of his best songs, but then I say that about a lot of his songs!

Kurt Russell was on tv last night talking about his experience working with Elvis. He said as a 10 year old kid he didnt really understand what all the fuss was about, and he was on set one day and there were crowds of people, mainly women, all standing around. Then Elvis's car showed up and they all (hundreds of them) leapt on it. He say it was absolute pandamodeum (sp?) So his driver had to reverse the car and go in another way.

Re: Review

Quote Originally Posted by rockin View Post
    Reviewing the Fair

The Content:
    Even though this soundtrack is not much different than alot of the other ones from the 60's, there are alot of good songs in this soundtrack. There is a good mix of ballads, blues, and some rockin' tunes. The outtakes were a cool addition to a pretty good soundtrack. Almost every song except for one has an outtakes.

The Sound:
    The mix of the songs is very clear. To me Elvis' voice is so smooth in this soudtrack. Almost like velvet. The music is at the right volume with Elvis' voice coming through evenly.

The Songs:

Beyond the Bend-A good shakin' the leg kind of tune. Nice to have a false start and a complete outtakes of this one.

Relax-Too me this song is more sexual then Fever. I think Elvis seems to be really feeling it. Great to have a string of false starts and a complete outtakes on this one.

Take Me to the Fair-A song that tells part of the story line of the movie. Nicely done, but one of those that seems kind of goofy. Cool to have outtakes of it still.

They Remind Me Too Much of You-A beautiful ballad. Very underrated among Elvis fans. What is amazing is even the outtakes could of been masters. Elvis seems to really pour himself into this song. Maybe he was thinking about a girl he missed that was in another country far away.

One Broken Heart for Sale-A classic hit. I think RCA dropped the ball in not promoting it more for it to be a bigger hit than it was. Again we are given some cool outtakes which shows how Elvis enjoyed having fun while recording.

I'm Falling in Love Tonight-A nicely done ballad. In my opinion not as good as They Remind Me Too Much of You, but still a very nice ballad. Plus we get some cool outtakes of ti as well.

Cotton Candy Land-Ok here we have a very low point in the soundtrack. Even the outtakes do not bring it up any. This is just a very stupid song.

A World of Our Own-Ok this is another low point, not as low as the previous one. The outtakes are cool to have, but the song itself doesnt do anything for the soundtrack.

How Would You Like to Be-Elvis always seemed to have a song that was for kids. This is one of those tunes. For example, in Double Trouble you have Old MacDonald, Paradise Hawaiian Style Had Queenie Wahine Papaya, Harum Scarum had Shake that Tambourine, Frankie and Johnny had Chesay, Spinout had Smorgasboard, Girl Happy had Do the Clam. So i know i went on and on, but i just wanted to make sure my point was made. Still cute song nothing wrong with and the outtakes were cool also.

Happy Ending-Nice ending to the movie as well as the soundtrack. Fast pace and great to have outtakes to it as well.

All in all, well packaged CD from FTD that keeps on giving us what we want. If you are an Elvis fan then yes you should get it. The booklet with the CD is very nicely done with colorful pictures and a great set to have all together

Keep'em coming FTD and thanks

Rockin
    I have yet to hear this one but the part I underlined put a smile on my face.