Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How tall was Elvis?

I coverd this topic a while ago ,and there were many diffrent sizes from 5ft 10 to 6 ft 2.
    elvislady

Roustabouts
    The real ones are around 6', all the rest are jokes or statements made by people who have no idea about what they are talking about.

From talking to one of his bodyguards a few years ago, they told me he was about 5'11 and wore lifts in his shoes...plus the heels of his boots. If you watch, Love Me Tender, that was before he discovered lifts. Also in Blue Hawaii on the beach. In Live a Little Love a Little, when he was getting his suit pressed while being interviewed for a job. Then the photos from the hawaii trip in 1977.

TCB Mafia
    5' 11" 1/4"

Jessie

International Level
    Didn't I see in army picture he was 5' 10" with no shoes or anything. Now I know he put lifts on heels of his boots. Which I know makes you look one duh taller but other slimmer too.

Love to all,

Coming On Strong
    I?ve read at several places that Elvis was 181 cm = 6 f. But that he wore inlays in his shoes to appear even taller.

Like it?s just been said, I was also amazed at how small the jumpsuits at Graceland appeared. Everybody are always talking about Elvis being that overweight in the 70s. Well, I think a bit maybe, but not more than the average American man I guess really. At the end he was probably swollen from water as well, due to him not being healthy at all...

The famous black leather suit looked really small! And of course he was very thin then. I heard he weighed only about 70 kg (140 pounds?) for that show.

International Level
    I know more of his weight was in his face than his body. From water built up. I do know hwen I use to get sinus shots where they put it right in your sinus area on your face. I made my face swell up for about week.

I usually get my replica jumpsuits done about 2 sizes smaller because I know when I put on my boots and how high heel is makes me look slimmer.

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley

Mad Tigers
    you know, elvis could have been 3'5" and he still would be AMAZING...lol

Mad Tigers
    Elvis was 5'11 and 3/4 in the army at the age of 23. To say that he was 6' would not be wrong. Without measuring tape it is hard to tell that he is a 1/4 inch under 6'. However Elvis was built very thin and lanky. Towards the end of his life Elvis weighed about 265 lbs. Overweight for a man that is 6' tall yes, but not grossly like everyone makes it sound. I think the part about Elvis near the end of his life that makes us all think he was that much overweight was the fact that he looked like he was sick. I don't blame him for what happened to him, nor do I blame anyone else. He came to this earth did what he was supposed to do and left. We're all just mad because we didn't get to go with him.

I don't fully agree about the him being 6feet. The Colonel had press release story that read he was 6.1'. Then recently Lisa Marie full on lied or was reading her scripted comments on, "By The Presleys" has saying, "there he was, this 6 foot 4 man"...I knew someone who was 6.4' and that man was always taller than anyone in our group.
    True, people make Elvis out to be really "fat" but watch the CBS videos. It's mostley around his stomach and face. I suffer from the same problem. I could transform from one to the next. If you hear the recorded conversation Elvis had with Red West, When Elvis tried to work things out to stop the release of the book, Elvis What Happened?, Red being the badass that he is just flat out tells him, "You're fat cause you eat too much!" I really felt bad for Elvis when he said that, cause Red oviously knew he had the upper hand in the conversation. Elvis was an out of normal man but at the sametime, he represented what the typical human being goes through.

Roustabouts
    I don't remember Lisa Marie saying that Elvis was 6'4'', this statement is about J.D. Sumner, his daughter said it.

are you sure? ..if so, i'm sorry for miss understanding. I'll have to double check it.
    sorry everyone

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    are you sure? ..if so, i'm sorry for miss understanding. I'll have to double check it.
    sorry everyone
    Don't worry, all the people make mistakes. It seems that she said 6'2'' and was obviously talking about Elvis' approximate height with footwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    I?ve read at several places that Elvis was 181 cm = 6 f. But that he wore inlays in his shoes to appear even taller.

Like it?s just been said, I was also amazed at how small the jumpsuits at Graceland appeared. Everybody are always talking about Elvis being that overweight in the 70s. Well, I think a bit maybe, but not more than the average American man I guess really. At the end he was probably swollen from water as well, due to him not being healthy at all...

The famous black leather suit looked really small! And of course he was very thin then. I heard he weighed only about 70 kg (140 pounds?) for that show.
    One of the reasons the black leather looks so small is the cut. The jacket isn't a regular length jacket. It was tailored to finish at the waist, with no tails or anything.

Roustabouts

6 ft = 183 cm.

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Smile

Can someone please tell me how tall he was in "Meter" and "Centimeter" if someone of you knows what it is? Because I live in germany and this is what we use. I don?t know how much one foot is.

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar
    I´ve read at several places that Elvis was 181 cm

Thank you for writing that, because I don´t understand "feet".
    So he is I mean WAS 10cm taller as me.
    Last edited by Nicole Presley; 05-21-2007 at 08:23 AM.

He Was A Little Over, 5'10

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    He Was A Little Over, 5'10
    Never heard or read that figure before-where did you get that info? Usually the figures most often mentioned are 5 feet 11 to 6 foot. Never saw 5 feet 10 anywhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast