Thread: ??? about "HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT"

Mad Tigers

Question ??? about "HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT"

Hi everybody, hope this posted in the right place if not so sorry. I was watching the CMA'S tonight on CBS and Kris Kristofferson introduced Martina McBride to sing a song he wrote: HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT. I love this son when Elvis sings it !!! For some reason I can only find the version from 5/17/71 studio recording (which is good) but I talked up Elvis' version to my 11 year old daughter then I couldn't find a live performance.

QUESTION:
    Does anyone know on what releases Elvis sang this great song live? No one else can compare to Elvis live and I want my daughter to hear him sang it with the excitment of a live audience like "I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW"!

Thanks so much for your help!
    I don't know anything about music.

Cadillac King
    for official releases, its on 'takin tahoe tonight', 'tucson 76', and 'dinner at eight' on the FTD label. for unofficial releases, there is 'just pretend'. these are all soundboard. i'm sure there are more titles out there, but those are the ones i have. hope that helps my friend

it is sweet your daughter likes Elvis. you must be very proud
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

To my ears his rendition on the "Just Pretend" cd is the best. His voice was so great at this time and he really cared for the song.

You Have it on "Closing Night" 1973( FTD)
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

Mad Tigers

Smile Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by elvisdownunder
    for official releases, its on 'takin tahoe tonight', 'tucson 76', and 'dinner at eight' on the FTD label. for unofficial releases, there is 'just pretend'. these are all soundboard. i'm sure there are more titles out there, but those are the ones i have. hope that helps my friend

it is sweet your daughter likes Elvis. you must be very proud
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help!!!

I have Tucson 76 and I'm going to look it up so she can hear it after school, for some reason I overlooked it.

Yes it's so cool that both my daughters are Elvis fans, they have been raised on Elvis. We love to watch home movies when they are very young of us playing with Elvis on the TV or on the stereo in the back ground.

Mad Tigers

Smile Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by orwell1976
    To my ears his rendition on the "Just Pretend" cd is the best. His voice was so great at this time and he really cared for the song.

Thanks for your help, this is the best group of individuals anywhere! I don't have this release but I will put it on my wish list once again. I have read many reviews on this concert and it sounds great.

The studio version is on the Album "Elvis Now" its the first cut on side A.
    It came out in 1972.