Thread: funny movie of elvis

Backstage Pass

funny movie of elvis

i think some of elvis's movies are kinda funny, like i watched easy come easy go and elvis was trying to do yoga hahah i found that hillarious! is there any movie u guys think are funny? there are so many
    ADRIANNA

Backstage Pass
    Well Adrianna, I don't know wich movie I like. But I know that Elvis wasn't laughing so much when they filmed that yoga scene..

Cadillac King
    I think the funniest film is Follow That Dream, Elvis gave a great performance.

hmm..

So what happened during the yoga scene? Was Elvis angry?

Cadillac King
    Yes because at the time Elvis was heavily involved in his religious quest with Larry Geller and he also practised Yoga and Elvis felt that the colonel had put that in the film to take the mickey.

Backstage Pass
    When Elvis read the script and find out the yoga scene he was a wild man. Because, like what Joanne sayed. Elvis was in it, in the yoga. He liked it very much. Elvis asked if it wasn't possible to do something else. The Colonel said no. After the scene was filmed Elvis walk to his dressing room. When he was in there hell broke loose. 'How dare he, that son of a *****! Making a fool of my! Making fun of something that's a part of me!'.

Would you please describe the scene? I'm not sure I would get that movie, though I have heard about Elvis being angry about it--I have a daily yoga practice myself, and it is a little disheartening when people make fun...

Thank you!

anger!

I can understand that Elvis was angry.

I get the impression that the Colonel wasn't fair! At least I would have given Elvis the possibility to make a choice..!

The yoga-lady in the movie wasn't being kind to Elvis either. It is absurd to shout to and threaten another person when you're a yoga-instructor (just my opinion).. And she couldn't sing.. At least the little girl in Paradise, Hawaiian Style was nice to Elvis, although she really couldn't sing either.

Sometimes I get the impression that Elvis gets all the trouble, you know? Being beaten by a hysterical lady with dogs (PHS) or being threatened by a yoga instructor (ECEG).. Please folks, give Elvis a break, so to speak!

Backstage Pass
    The scene is going like this:
    Elvis is searching for someone and he had a address. So after a while he found the address. He knocked on the door and a girl opens the door. He asked something, but she said to him that he must take his clothes off.
    Elvis asked if he heard that good, but she gives him another pair of clothes he must put on. A black pants and black shirt. Well Elvis get changed and walked in. But inside there is a yogalesson. So Elvis is going to sit between the others, and then he founds the one he was searching for..but they talk to loud and they disturb the Yoga lesson. Then the teacher is mad at Elvis, and starts to sing 'Yoga is as Yoga does'. Elvis is doing silly moves in the song and is just making fun of yoga...That's the reason he was so mad..But you know, in real he had a great time with that yoga teacher lady, they talked a lot on the set. And the colonel..well he did this more then once..

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun
    I can understand that Elvis was angry.

I get the impression that the Colonel wasn't fair! At least I would have given Elvis the possibility to make a choice..!

The yoga-lady in the movie wasn't being kind to Elvis either. It is absurd to shout to and threaten another person when you're a yoga-instructor (just my opinion).. And she couldn't sing.. At least the little girl in Paradise, Hawaiian Style was nice to Elvis, although she really couldn't sing either.

Sometimes I get the impression that Elvis gets all the trouble, you know? Being beaten by a hysterical lady with dogs (PHS) or being threatened by a yoga instructor (ECEG).. Please folks, give Elvis a break, so to speak!

The "yoga lady" was Elsa Lanchester she was a great movie actress of the 30s on up. She was married to Charles Laughton at one time. Most would know her best as The Bride of Frankenstein in the movie of the same title with Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone. One of her last roles was in the Neil Simon movie Murder By Death. He did not like the movie but had great respect for her and the history in film she was a part of.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by KPM
    The "yoga lady" was Elsa Lanchester she was a great movie actress of the 30s on up. She was married to Charles Laughton at one time. Most would know her best as The Bride of Frankenstein in the movie of the same title with Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone. One of her last roles was in the Neil Simon movie Murder By Death. He did not like the movie but had great respect for her and the history in film she was a part of.
    Thanks for the information.. I guess that she wasn't the same woman IRL as she was in that particular movie - although I still do think that she couldn't sing!

I have to admit, though, that I wouldn't be able to be friends with a yoga-instructor like that..!

Who is the cause of Elvis getting angry..? Was it the Colonel, perhaps?

One funny part in an elvis film to me is when he plays a waiter during Viva Las Vegas when he opened the bottle of Champaign....
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
    The scene is going like this: ...

Thank you!!!

Backstage Pass
    sorry guys, i didnt know that elvis DID do yoga, my mistake, and now that i think of it, i would be pissed too. on another note, some movies of his may be bad, but they are funny, i watched double trouble, and it was hillarious to me, hahaha he sat in the tea
    ADRIANNA

I think Blue Hawaii is a hilarious Elvis film. Especially the scene when him and Maile (<--can't spell) are driving in the car singing "Almost True". His face expressions are hilarious!!! Actually...he makes the funniest faces throughout the entire movie, hehe. I love it!
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

"Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

Visit my website dedicated to the King!

http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne
    I think the funniest film is Follow That Dream, Elvis gave a great performance.
    I have to agree with you on this one, Joanne! Elvis was able to show off his comedic abilities in this one.