Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ginger

I wanda..

That's positive.. I guess that Ann-Margret has got a strong character..

I also wonder.. how does she look nowadays? Did she age naturally or did she have surgery like Priscilla?

Mad Tigers
    Well AM was in Taxi as Washburn's Mom. Here is a picture of her in 2000

http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/0849...ey=Ann-Margret

and here she is in 2005

http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3247...ey=Ann-Margret

yeah!

To be honest, I think she looks better than Priscilla does.. especially on the picture from 2005.. I think I'd prefer that one above the one from 2000, actually..!

She looks .. more natural!

It's no secret within Elvis' inner circle that he truley loved Ann Margret and she truley loved him. It was decided for career purposes not to pursue any type of public relationship. It is also well known that Priscilla was extremely jealous of Ann. Look at the funeral pictures, Ann Margret is dressed in black and mourning, Priscilla is dressed in black looking like she just won the lottery. I quess she did.
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

The worst thing that could have happened to Elvis before he died would have been to marry Ginger. He probably would have tried to mold her into the girl of his dreams and she obviously was no where near the type he wanted,. SHe would not do as he said and was way to independent. She would have been one headache after another. He had enough aggravation as it was.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by RS277
    It's no secret within Elvis' inner circle that he truley loved Ann Margret and she truley loved him. It was decided for career purposes not to pursue any type of public relationship. It is also well known that Priscilla was extremely jealous of Ann. Look at the funeral pictures, Ann Margret is dressed in black and mourning, Priscilla is dressed in black looking like she just won the lottery. I quess she did.
    Yes I believe Ann-Margret truly loved him. She seems to be a very good person.
    She is still looking beautiful today.

http://ann-margret.com/
    Last edited by joanne; 11-12-2005 at 04:44 PM.

To be honest..

I think that Ann-Margret was/is a true tiger, so to speak!! The kitten that knows how to scratch..

I think that if Elvis loved her and she loved him, it would disprove the theory that Elvis really wanted to control people because Ann-Margret isn't a character which is to be controlled..

Cadillac King
    exactly and neither is Linda Thompson.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Just saw that Ginger is selling a coat Elvis gave her on Ebay. Here's the link to the item
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presley-Mi...QQcmdZViewItem
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Cadillac King
    how many other items has she sold?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun
    Never saying anything bad..! That's rare!!

They could have been cute together, that's for sure! I believe I once read that she was 'a female he' and vice versa...

It's also cute to see you on the forum, MistyMorning!
    Thanks!

Welcome!

You're welcome, Mistymorning!

We're Elvis fans!

Elvis rules in all the directions of the wind

I think Elvis never had the balls to marry a woman that was really up to him. It seems almost like he feared to have too much strong women around and he could not be the "master".

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by orwell1976
    I think Elvis never had the balls to marry a woman that was really up to him. It seems almost like he feared to have too much strong women around and he could not be the "master".
    A bit like you then.

re ginger alden coat

this coat is not being sold on gingers behalf believe me, it's done the rounds before with LICHTER, BACK IN 97{PHILLY} , And i remember seeing this when MIKE L MOON had his museum, so this is total bullshit. E.P. also bought many of his coats/jackets from L.B. leather, as i have 2 that ROCKIN ROBIN sold me in 88.

There is an interview with Myrna S mith that she says Elvis wasn.t serious about Ginger, and Ginger was not A naive girl......you can read the whole thing in "Myrna smith interview" thread for yourself.

Cadillac King
    Non of the women were naive they were all intelligent women and they knew what they were doing believe me. I don`t think any of them understood how lucky they were to be with him.

Guys / Gals -

By the late 70's, EP's relationships were a self-serving two-way street:

EP was using them as much as they were using him. (Yes, this also applies to Ginger Alden).

------------------------------------------

Alden was on her way out, ........ & Kerwin was next in line.

------------------------------------------

Vernon could see exactly what Ginger ( $$$$ ) was about & told her to get out of Graceland right after EP died.

EP also complained that he dropped a ton of money on Ginger .............. yet she still wouldn't do what he wanted her to do.

On another note: Linda Thompson was happy to oblige Elvis as much as she was happy to spend his money on herself. Ironically, ............. had she still been there in August of '77, ................. EP would have survived that fateful day.

On more levels than one, .............. EP truly had only himself to blame for what happened in the end.

Sad story, .............. but lots of lessons contained within.

Cappy

Well Cappy, Really had to admit it ... but you are absolutely right on all accounts!!! (Elvis was perhaps his own worse enemy and did not even know it.) Sure do love the guy and wish it had ended differently for him. Dovey

Quote Originally Posted by Dovey
    Well Cappy, Really had to admit it ... but you are absolutely right on all accounts!!! (Elvis was perhaps his own worse enemy and did not even know it.) Sure do love the guy and wish it had ended differently for him. Dovey
    Thank You, "Dovey."

I agree with you on all counts.

Cappy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast