Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ginger

Cadillac King

Ginger

Whats everyones thoughts on Ginger Alden?
    She has never written a book on Elvis or really cashed in on his name. She was with Elvis during the last months of his life so she knows a lot. They were going to get married by all accounts, whats your thoughts?

My thoughts on Ginger......well "getting married" depends on who you talk to or who's telling the story. Cashing in on Elvis? Not long after Elvis passed, Ginger and her mother, sued the estate claiming Elvis promised to pay off their mortgage. She also starred in a movie that was a takeoff on the Elvis legend, the name escapes me. Nevertheless, that went belly up. I believe Elvis entertained the idea of having a young beauty queen on his arm more so than a serious relationship. I think Ginger was all wrapped up in the celebrity lifestlye. Now there is the famous story of the original TCB ring diamond that Elvis had removed and reset into a ring for Ginger. That story is true, whether or not it was meant to be and engagement ring or not, again depends on who you talk to. Recently, Ginger auctioned off some mementos on Ebay which included her tour coat. I'm guessing her career isn't doing to well.
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

Gingerly does it...

Ginger appears to be shrouded in a lot of mystery and suspense surrounding the final months of Elvis' life. Elvis always introduced her as his girlfriend during his shows - never as his fiancee...were they actually officially engaged? Was Elvis going to announce it during the 'Tour that never was'? Were they going to be married at Christmas, 1977?

The question is who do you ask for the real truth on the matter? Charlie? Larry? Joe? Jerry? The Stanleys?

Every member of the family or 'Memphis Mafia' appear to have their own take on stories and events that occurred and I'm sure Ginger has got her very own version of events already worked out, even though she hasn't officially gone public with them just yet in the way of a book. It is quite suprising that she has managed to maintain a quiet profile compared to some of the other 'close' Elvis-related people. But, I'm sure that it is only a matter of time before we read about her version of the truth and what happened on that very sad day of August 16th.

Yes, Ginger has sold a vast amount of items on ebay - did she really have this amount given to her by EP, or did she somehow acquire a number of them from other sources?

What Now, What Next, Where To...
    Last edited by NEA; 11-09-2005 at 07:25 PM.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS277
    I believe Elvis entertained the idea of having a young beauty queen on his arm more so than a serious relationship. I think Ginger was all wrapped up in the celebrity lifestlye. :
    I agree with you totally.... I think that once Elvis' marriage ended, it was all about companionship and the fact that he didn't want to show up anywhere alone, after all, he was Elvis and could have any woman in the world... certainly he wouldn't show up without a date to anything.... however.... I don't see many of Elvis' "loves" after Priscilla being interested in anything he was, (i.e. his books, his beliefs) and (I could be wrong here) but I see them dating him because he was Elvis.....and I don't see him being interested in any of them except for the companionship they would bring...(we all know how Elvis loathed being alone.)

Smile I think, she's ok.

I don't know if Elvis really wanted to marry Ginger, but I think she's at least none of the people, who desperately trying to make a buck. She never sold her story or wrote a book. And she really could have made money. Ginger could have written a horror-story about the aging, drug addicted rock dino and the dramatic ending of the king. But she didn't do that. She doesn't travel from one Elvis convention to the next and she doesn't tell her story for the next warm meal. So I think she's ok.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by orwell1976
    I don't know if Elvis really wanted to marry Ginger, but I think she's at least none of the people, who desperately trying to make a buck. She never sold her story or wrote a book. And she really could have made money. Ginger could have written a horror-story about the aging, drug addicted rock dino and the dramatic ending of the king. But she didn't do that. She doesn't travel from one Elvis convention to the next and she doesn't tell her story for the next warm meal. So I think she's ok.
    I agree. She was recently asked to appear on Larry King but turned it down and she could have made a fortune from the talkshows. She could have made fortune from a book but she never has. I feel that she has been airbrushed out of Elvis`s life a little bit and although she was only with him for a short time that doesn`t mean that it wasn`t serious and that he wasn`t going to marry her.

Backstage Pass
    Elvis wanted to engage with Ginger. But she was to much a familyperson. She wanted to be with her family instead of go on tour with Elvis sometimes. Elvis realized that he rushed to quick in the whole thing. At the end he dindn't want to engage Ginger.

In 1978 or 79 the movie," Living Legend :was produced by Earl Owensby(he also played the Elvis like character) with Ginger Alden as the girlfriend in it:

This exploitation flick chronicles the rise and fall of a country-rock superstar who bears a striking resemblance to the fallen King of Rock and Roll--despite the film's disclaimer that the flashy, pill-poppin performer decked out in his bejeweled polyester jump suits does not represent
    Elvis. The singer's girlfriend is coincidentally played by Ginger Alden, the last girlfriend of the real Elvis. Songs for the film are done by Roy Orbison. ~ Sandra Brennan, All Movie Guide

She did at that time cash in so to speak. I never saw the movie as it had limited release. I do recall the storys about it being made.

Cadillac King
    So whats one film she hasn`t cashed in like some greedy people.
    I wish to god that he would have lived to marry her as Priscilla wouldn`t have been able to milk the Elvis`s widow bit.

I can't imagine Ginger as Elvis' wife... She was too young for him (well, age is the least important...) and without any experience at all. Not sure about the fact that she loved Elvis. Maybe she was with him because was looking for a bit of fame for herself.
    Ginger was pretty, but I prefer Linda... she's a great woman.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    Well, he sure knew how to pick them, here is a pretty Gingerpic that was new to me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gingerwithpainting.jpg  
    Last edited by ComeBackChick; 11-11-2005 at 02:04 PM.

Cadillac King
    If I`m gonna be completely truthful there wasn`t one decent woman among them. They were all handpicked for him. He never found the kind of love that he needed they were all out for what they could get.

Backstage Pass
    The people around him only had to say Elvis and woman came from all corners of the world..They saw Elvis..not Elvis.A.Presley. The man I admire.

re GINGER

Don't you think that ELVIS had to make that decision for himself , instead he went along with what ever JOE, OR GEORGE came up with. ELVIS was truly vain, and vanity only creates shallowness, So E.P. could have met woman on his own that were pretty and intelligent, and sophisticated, but all he wanted was a naive pretty little girl he could mould. He got lucky with PRISCILLA[for a while] but when she grew up, and had enough of the B.S. She did the right thing she left, and everybody blamed her for ELVIS demise, Only E.P. was to blame. Ginger was only with ELVIS because she saw oppurtunity for carreer advancement, and income security, Let's not forget that ELVIS bought her a great condo back in JAN/77 and at the same time was seeing a real young girl who worked at MEMPHIS COMMERCIAL, around the same time.

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne
    He never found the kind of love that he needed they were all out for what they could get.
    I think the one that came close was Ann Margret. They had a great friendship, amazing chemistry and fun!!! Real shame that they didn't find a way to make it work...

Last edited by ComeBackChick; 11-12-2005 at 09:37 AM.

hurt

Well, to be honest I don't think that Elvis was a terrible man. If he was, I wouldn't have heard a lot of positive stories about him..

Elvis got into trouble because of some women, that's true. But I think that when his mother died he was very vulnerable.. On top of that, he had service in the army to do, never giving him enough possibility to mourn..

I think that Elvis was being controlled and that people wanted to see him as something he was not...

I can imagine Elvis' anger.. If he wanted to play a part of Beethoven on the piano,people would say 'no, you just play some typical E major song on the guitar'); this is something that I've read in Guralnicks book 'Careless Love' and I thought it happened in the 60's...

Elvis was a good man, but he was being exploited..

Only In Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackChick
    I think the one that came close was Ann Margret. They had a great friendship, amazing chemistry and fun!!! Real shame that they didn't find a way to make it work...
    Yes, you're right. Ann-Margret and Elvis were a great couple!

Ann-m has never said anything bad about him. she really cared for elvis and she is a faithful woman, she has remained married to her husband till now. who knows maybe they could be a wonderful couple!

well..!

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning
    Ann-m has never said anything bad about him. she really cared for elvis and she is a faithful woman, she has remained married to her husband till now. who knows maybe they could be a wonderful couple!
    Never saying anything bad..! That's rare!!

They could have been cute together, that's for sure! I believe I once read that she was 'a female he' and vice versa...

It's also cute to see you on the forum, MistyMorning!

Cadillac King
    I agree Ann- margret probably was the best suited to him I remember watching an interview of her a few years ago and the interviewer said that Ann-Margrets favourite co-star was Elvis but when she tried to ask her questions about him Ann interrupted and said that "we`re getting a little personal here" and then she said "I respected this man that I can`t exploit him even in death" and she wouldn`t say anymore and I thought how refreshing. Elvis picked the wrong woman unfortunately.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast