Thread: Cbs Mini-Series

Backstage Pass

Cbs Mini-Series sequel?

to all of those who have seen the mini-series "elvis" starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers, first of all, what do you think? they only did the series up to the comeback special, but i heard, JUST HEARD, they might do a sequel, with Jonathan doing elvis' later years, in vegas and so fourth, what do you all think of that?
    Last edited by Memphisgurl; 11-09-2005 at 06:20 AM.
    ADRIANNA

Cadillac King
    I thought that Jonathan did a fine job.

Backstage Pass
    so did i, his voice was amazing! he sounded just like him!
    ADRIANNA

Backstage Pass
    what would u guys think if jonathan did the later years of elvis's life? would u think its fair, obsurd?
    ADRIANNA

Roustabouts
    I somewhat liked parts of the mini-series, however, there is no way I would watch a sequel, just because no matter how "fair" and "honest" they claim it is going to be about Elvis' later life, we all know it won't be.... no one has ever made money off of the truth

I just did not see him as Elvis. His hairline was way to high, perhaps a good wig would have helped. Also his voice just was not deep enough and occasionally his accent crept in. All and all I did not care for it.

Cadillac King
    Its an extremely difficult part to play and you`ve got to be brave to take it on. Compared to some others I`ve seen he was definitely one of the better ones although I felt he struggled on the musical numbers (If I Can Dream wasn`t good) but he tried his best so good on him.

Backstage Pass
    when he preformed if i can dream, it didnt feel right, his lip syncing and actions didnt even seem like elvis.
    ADRIANNA

I didn't like it. But maybe someone bought an Elvis cd because he liked what he has seen. So it may have been a good promotion for the king, but I didn't like the guy who played Elvis. He didn't look like Elvis to me.

Backstage Pass
    ok this is what i dont get, in the mini-series it shows elvis burning his books on religion..etc but according to elvis by the presley's lisa said she looks through them alot. i find that weird
    ADRIANNA

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphisgurl
    when he preformed if i can dream, it didnt feel right, his lip syncing and actions didnt even seem like elvis.
    He looked like he was having an fit.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphisgurl
    ok this is what i dont get, in the mini-series it shows elvis burning his books on religion..etc but according to elvis by the presley's lisa said she looks through them alot. i find that weird
    Priscilla was involved in burning Elvis`s books and she even admitted it in Elvis and Me.
    She didn`t like his religious quest and neither did Colonel Parker. They both disliked Larry Geller and eventually he went away but Elvis`s love of these books never did and he obviously started collecting them again. Larry re-entered Elvis`s life in the early seventies and he would bring him books and their friendship remained until Elvis died.

Backstage Pass
    I noticed that not everyone is so happy with Larry Geller. I know the man for almost 2 years and he's a very warm man. He is just honest about everything. And people..Don't forget it was him that was brave enough to tell Elvis that 'Elvis: what happened?' was really coming.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
    I noticed that not everyone is so happy with Larry Geller. I know the man for almost 2 years and he's a very warm man. He is just honest about everything. And people..Don't forget it was him that was brave enough to tell Elvis that 'Elvis: what happened?' was really coming.
    I haven`t had the pleasure of meeting Larry Geller but he always struck me as someone that really loved Elvis deeply and not the image but the man.
    He perhaps wasn`t very popular in the group because they didn`t like Elvis being influenced by anybody particularly Colonel Parker who didn`t want anyone getting too close to Elvis to exert any influence.
    His beliefs were very deep and the other guys weren`t interested all they wanted was to keep providing Elvis with women etc thinking that would keep him happy but deep down Elvis needed more and Larry provided it.
    The guys just wanted to have a good time and weren`t interested in religion and Priscilla didn`t like him and that resulted in Elvis`s books being burned which was very cruel.
    I feel that he was honest with Elvis and he did tell him about the book which nobody else dare do.
    Seeing him recall the day Elvis died and when he did Elvis`s hair for the last time was very moving and he said that when they were lowering the lid of the casket he reached out his hand because he wanted to be the last person to touch him.