Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which song should be remixed?

Coming On Strong

which song should be remixed?

i belive it's time they do what felton jarvis did in 1980 - an entire album of
    remixes
    elvis had the best voice and he deserves the best sound
    great sound can make a big difference in a song
    if i can dream of a better land

No remixes for me, long live the original
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

I think "Wearing That Loved-On Look" could be done well.
    "The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

Cadillac King
    well if one were to be released as a single, i'd love to see 'polk salad', 'never been to spain', or 'steamroller blues', becoz a single goes with a music video. i'd love for one of those ROCKING songs to be remixed, and remixed WELL
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

A very good re-mix is BORN TO ROCK (formaly known as C'mon Everybody). BURNING LOVE would have some chart potential, I guess.

Coming On Strong
    well we've seen what "a little less conversation" did
    it literally relaunched elvis's musical career
    an entire album with remixed songs could be huge(with the proper publicity behind it)
    if i can dream of a better land

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Just as long as there are NO duets, artists these days don't tend to stay in the limelight very long and are just not worthy

Can you Imagine some upstart trying to be familier with the KING

JJ

I'd like... Good Rockin' Tonight or Let Yourself Go
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

What about Promised LAnd...when I playthat song to somoene who doesnt know Elvis that well..it's allways .wow what's? this never knew he did that..
    Promised LAnd could be a hit anyway without a remix to!

no re-mixes for me neither
    but i agree promised land or let yourself go, would be big hits for the king
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

I also have mixed feelings about remixing the classics, and also bearing In mind The Beatles dont ever remix their songs (they are my 2nd favs after Elvis)

But I do agree being a younger fan myself at just 18, that If Elvis wants to achieve another number one classic for the younger fans, then remixing is a 'must', like 'A Little Less Conversation', I know that younger people now-days like music called Dance/Trance/Hardhouse etc, I dont know too much about it being a fan of only old music, but my brother and sister love all that.

There Is no doubt In my mind whatsoever that Elvis could have loads more number ones not just In UK but In every country by remixing a song like for example 'Wear My Ring Around Your Neck' into a Dance or Hardhouse tune, It would sound absolutley superb to younger people, Im all for It, If done properly.
    [email protected]
    feel free to add me

PatchItUp
    I agree with Robman that they should make a whole album a remixed songs similar to what Felton Jarvis did. Except, better! I like remixes of some of the more obscure stuff such as...

Let Yourself Go
    Relax
    Wolf Call
    I've Got To Find My Baby!

and I'd love to hear...

Little Egypt
    Viva Las Vegas
    C'mon Everybody
    Little Sister

or any of the stuff on the album "From Elvis In Memphis"

No remixes for me please. It doesn't add anything to the song as Elvis meant it except the producer's ego.

I'm a fan of Electronica music, so I've ALWAYS wanted an Elvis remix album. If it introduces people to Elvis who otherwise wouldn't listen to his music, well that's good too!

Along with the remix album, they should release a CD containing the original versions of the remixed songs. That way, people introduced to Elvis via the remixes can move on to the originals. Ideally, they should be released together as a 2 CD set.

They've done something similar with the "Verve Remixed" and "Verve Unmixed" compilations, which have introduced me to music I otherwise wouldn't listen to -- jazz. They've recently put out "Motown Remixed" (which, admittedly, isn't very good) and "Motown Unmixed." Will "Elvis Remixed" and "Elvis Unmixed" be far behind?

I only hope the remixes are good quality and not just something slapped together to sell CDs. As I said, I really wasn't impressed with "Motown Remixed," and don't want to have a similar experience with "Elvis Remixed."

[QUOTE=ELV1S]I also have mixed feelings about remixing the classics, and also bearing In mind The Beatles dont ever remix their songs (they are my 2nd favs after Elvis)

But I do agree being a younger fan myself at just 18, that If Elvis wants to achieve another number one classic for the younger fans, then remixing is a 'must', like 'A Little Less Conversation', I know that younger people now-days like music called Dance/Trance/Hardhouse etc, I dont know too much about it being a fan of only old music, but my brother and sister love all that.

I could not agree more, my daughters are 18 and 21 they loved ALLC. They said it did not feel "old". The Beatles are my 21 year olds favorite band. next is Dave Mathews. I asked why she did not listen to more Elvis and she said his sound just isn't as contemporary sounding as the Beatles, she says that most of her friends think their music holds up better with less "Country sound to it" She works at a local music /game store called Slackers and they do not even carry any Elvis music or videos except 30#1s and Second to None. They carried 68 Special box set for a time but have not restocked. She says quite a few young people wanted ALLC when it was hot, but there is little demand for him other than 40 somethings on up and they send them to Walmart or special order for them. The huge boost of ALLC can not be ignored. Ernst say no new re-mixes are in the near future so I guess it is a mute point right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    Just as long as there are NO duets, artists these days don't tend to stay in the limelight very long and are just not worthy

Can you Imagine some upstart trying to be familier with the KING

JJ

I couldnt agree with you more!

I really dont have any problem with somebody doing Elvis remixes as long as they are done right. As the years pass, and no new material coming from EP, this would be a good way of keeping him up to date with the younger kids, and possibly convert more people to him. I didnt like the "Rubberneckin" or "Little Less Conversation" remixes, but I do know that alot of people around my age did like them. Let them do remixes, and for the ones who dont like them, we always have the originals to enjoy.

But to answer the question....I would say Suspicious Minds would have the best chance of being a hit if it were to be remixed, simply because I think it is still one of his most contemporary sounding songs. Good topic
    On the hills of Georgia
    Across the plains of Tennessee
    I've seen and I've done most everything
    That a man can do or see

Power Of My Love can be re-mixed.
    I did it my way.

Quote Originally Posted by THENATUREBOY
    I really dont have any problem with somebody doing Elvis remixes as long as they are done right. As the years pass, and no new material coming from EP, this would be a good way of keeping him up to date with the younger kids, and possibly convert more people to him. I didnt like the "Rubberneckin" or "Little Less Conversation" remixes, but I do know that alot of people around my age did like them. Let them do remixes, and for the ones who dont like them, we always have the originals to enjoy.

But to answer the question....I would say Suspicious Minds would have the best chance of being a hit if it were to be remixed, simply because I think it is still one of his most contemporary sounding songs. Good topic
    One of the reasons that ALLC and Rubberneckin were probably picked as remixes may be because their rhythms were consistent with the rhythms used in contemporary rap and dance songs. Also both these songs have a more spoken verse (rather than sung) like many of todays dance and rap hits. They were much easier to freshen up. Back then you could say they were way ahead of their time. I predicted to my brother right after ALLC went #1 in England that if there was a follow up it would be Rubberneckin due to its rap like sound, and won 5 bucks from him when they remixed it.

I didnt ask why or how those songs were remixed. I just said that I didnt like them.
    On the hills of Georgia
    Across the plains of Tennessee
    I've seen and I've done most everything
    That a man can do or see

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast