Thread: Just A Scenario

Just A Scenario

Imagine that everything that happened to Elvis on the day he died happened. But after Elvis is rushed to the hospital he pulls through and lives.

Personally I think Elvis needed something to really shock him and make him wake up and realize what he was doing to himself, and I think if this had happened it might have just clean our man up.

So my question to everyone is:

If this had happened what do you think Elvis would have done? Would he have continued in his downward spiral after his near death experience, or would he have gotten his act together?
    On the hills of Georgia
    Across the plains of Tennessee
    I've seen and I've done most everything
    That a man can do or see

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Had Elvis pulled through on August the 16th I would like to think that it would have been the wake up call that he needed to take stock and have a look at where his life was heading.

That said Elvis had already had a couple of close shaves prior to this event and was in complete denial about his addiction. The difference this time could have been the publication of "Elvis What Happend" and the future screening of "Elvis In Concert" I would like to think had Elvis been around to see this footage a lifestyle change would have been iminent. In my personal opinion Elvis had lost touch or simply wasn't aware of his condition, or more to the point the severity of his condition due to his terminal apathy at that time.

Elvis had ups and down during the latter part of the 70's and when he put his mind to it could easily put right the wrongs, you only have to look at October 1976 to see Elvis in good shape. Elvis was a very private man and the publication of "Elvis What Happend" was a watershed that knocked the stuffing out of him, had he got passed this I think things could have turned a corner.

Elvis needed to be challenged both personally and professionally, unfortunately I don't believe those around Elvis were up to the task, thus ensuring that if it hadn't been August the 16th it would have only delayed the inevitable to some time in the future

On a optomistic note, did he really die

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    Had Elvis pulled through on August the 16th I would like to think that it would have been the wake up call that he needed to take stock and have a look at where his life was heading.

That said Elvis had already had a couple of close shaves prior to this event and was in complete denial about his addiction. The difference this time could have been the publication of "Elvis What Happend" and the future screening of "Elvis In Concert" I would like to think had Elvis been around to see this footage a lifestyle change would have been iminent. In my personal opinion Elvis had lost touch or simply wasn't aware of his condition, or more to the point the severity of his condition due to his terminal apathy at that time.

Elvis had ups and down during the latter part of the 70's and when he put his mind to it could easily put right the wrongs, you only have to look at October 1976 to see Elvis in good shape. Elvis was a very private man and the publication of "Elvis What Happend" was a watershed that knocked the stuffing out of him, had he got passed this I think things could have turned a corner.

Elvis needed to be challenged both personally and professionally, unfortunately I don't believe those around Elvis were up to the task, thus ensuring that if it hadn't been August the 16th it would have only delayed the inevitable to some time in the future

On a optomistic note, did he really die

JJ
    Well said JJ.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I had at one time in the late eighties toyed with the idea of writing a book called "8-17-77" The jest of it would have been what if he had been found right after the attack and not hours after the attack. I had several ideas for the book-
    1. He lived but was in a coma for months and had a long climb back.
    2. Quick medical help reduces damage to his system and he begins to slowly
    come to grips with his addictions.
    3. He lives to completely and abruptly change his whole life and does what he
    kept saying he wanted to do -devote his life to God and helping people.
    4. He lives but his father and the COl. do an intervention to get him
    medical physical and mental help that he fights. eventually he sees
    they are right after the EIC special is aired.
    5. He is never the same, because of the damage to his system and never
    performs again-but finds peace and happiness in other ways.

I thought all of these were legitimate ways it could have been. I gave up because it depressed me.
    Last edited by KPM; 10-26-2005 at 11:53 AM.

Hey KPM that sounds like a cool book. It would be very interesting.
    On the hills of Georgia
    Across the plains of Tennessee
    I've seen and I've done most everything
    That a man can do or see