Thread: The Last Concert......

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar

The Last Concert......

Hello. I just received the cd and dvd of this concert in Indianapolis in 77 and I think it's the best one I have heard/seen from that year.The cd is from the audience but Elvis' voice is superb on many songs and in my opinion, he did the best version I have ever heard of "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" I had to listen to it twice. He seems in control and not slurring words (like in Omaha) or stuttering and sped up ( like in Rapid City) . The Dvd is also fan shot but from different angles and is really pretty good. He even looks a bit thinner than the CBS tapings. Certainly not as puffy in the face. It really is too bad that CBS did not tape this for the televised special!
    Has anyone seen or heard these? What's your opinion?
    thanks
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Thanks for sharing that with us. I haven't heard this historic show yet, but from all accounts, reviews and such, it's supposed to be very good. The reviewer from the Indy paper the next day, said after he completed his last song, it's like "he didn't want to leave, shaking hands with everybody".

Thank you menwithbrokenhearts and Joe Car for your information regarding this show. Elvis was a kind man. I do too think is voice was so strong in 77.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I agree with you, he sings "Bridge over troubled water" so good at the last show :-)
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Yeah I'll agree that this show would have been nice to have on the CBS tv special
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Menwithbrokenhearts, I`m not sure if the DVD you have is the same as the one I have, but mine says the final show June 26 1977. The sound is from that date 100% sure and it`s really a good show, BUT different people have told me, that the footage on the DVD is actually from may 77.
    To comment on Bridge over trouble water...I agree...it`s one of the best..if not THE best version I`ve heard
    Last edited by elvisia; 05-08-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Yeah, CBS should filmed that show to, and Pittsburgh 76 or something
    Taking Care of Business

The audio of this video is from Indy but the footage is not.It's from N.Y. in may as previously stated.I do not believe any fan footage from Indy has made the rounds.At least not the entire show.
    Jak

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Most of the footage is not from NY but from Chicago. Only small parts here and their is from Indy. The audio is from the last show but all of the video is not.

I have a version of this called THE LAST CONCERT. The audio is definitely Indy, and very good sound quality.

The video is very clear (almost crystal) in some parts and the video matches perfectly in every shot. And when I say matches, I mean every song, every word, every bump, every grind, every "uh-huh". And you can't fake that with footage from other shows. I'd never seen this particular footage until recently.

It's shot from a couple of different angles, and when the camera angle changes, Elvis is in the same position bodily and on the stage. And the vocals still match the audio. Again, you can't fake that.

There are many, many poses on the video that match the many photos we've seen of this show. So I believe this to be authentic (ie good quality, fan-shot) Indy footage. There's no reason to believe that fan-shot footage from Indy is in short supply: most of his other shows have footage available.

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    I have a version of this called THE LAST CONCERT. The audio is definitely Indy, and very good sound quality.

The video is very clear (almost crystal) in some parts and the video matches perfectly in every shot. And when I say matches, I mean every song, every word, every bump, every grind, every "uh-huh". And you can't fake that with footage from other shows. I'd never seen this particular footage until recently.

It's shot from a couple of different angles, and when the camera angle changes, Elvis is in the same position bodily and on the stage. And the vocals still match the audio. Again, you can't fake that.

There are many, many poses on the video that match the many photos we've seen of this show. So I believe this to be authentic (ie good quality, fan-shot) Indy footage. There's no reason to believe that fan-shot footage from Indy is in short supply: most of his other shows have footage available.
    The footage you have is a combination of different shows nicely edited together to give the appearance of a complete show.I know what you mean by saying it looks like it matches up perfectly with the audio.Just remember that Elvis performed the same routine night after night.It's all just clever editing.There are many other dvd's circulating that give the illusion of a complete show.They are quite common now.Very little if any Indy footage is on the market.Most is from Binghampton NY being passed as Indy.That footage has been around for over 25 years or so.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post

So in your words you can't fake the video of Indy. Ok, please watch the video again and please explain the fact is wearing rings on his fingers on the video footage. Elvis didn't wear rings during that show. Also, since he didn't wear rings at the show why is he throwing what appears to be a ring in the audience. So please explain that if you will. Please look at the photos from his last show and you will clearly see that their is no rings on his fingers. It has been proven on several sites including this one that he wore no rings during that last two shows. Only about 10% to 15% of the footage is of Indy itself.

In this day in time you can fake anything. Watch Never Ending Love. Using the Sun recording of That's All Right and mixed it into the footage from the 68. That was mixed perfectly. His mouth is saying the words just like the recording. So it was fake just like Indy footage. The Last Concert at times on the video Elvis is saying nothing but the audio he is saying something. Please watch his mouth closely in some areas.

We are saying that the footage of The Last Concert is not all from the last show. It is comprised of different footage from Chicago, Binghampton, and Indy. Maybe their is another show that was added into the mix.

Also, we are not saying that there is a short supply of the Indy footage. Their could be someone who took more of it we can't really say. No one knew that would be his last show. Ask Jordan from Jordan's Elvis World. He will tell you the same thing. He has the footage on his site.

Edited: I just looked on Jordan's Site. Please go to the Elvis Library and click on Real Video Corner. Scroll down and pass the 68 footage that he has up. After that skip one and their is the Indy footage. It says and I quote:

Elvis' Final Concert
    6/26/77 Indianapolis, Indiana
    Please note, various clips are not actually from Indianapolis.
    Last edited by thehillbillycat; 05-09-2007 at 07:30 AM.

That is true, he was not wearing rings on the two last concerts in Cincianatta and Indianpolis, and yes, they have mixed footage from various concerts, and it is fitting 100 % into the Indianapolis footage...that`s what i think about it
    Taking Care of Business

Well, what do you think srj1967?

Just about everyone so far have said that all of the footage isn't Indy. You need to check up on it. We are all telling the truth on this. He is wearing rings in the footage. Elvis didn't wear any rings during his last two shows. The footage is only 10% to 15% from Indy.