Thread: EP - The Showman's Comedian!

EP - The Showman's Comedian!

Guys,

I've just laughed my a * * off at a very hysterically funny story on the FECC Message Board. The thread is entitled "Elvis Arresting Hamburger James", and it is a strange, but funny read.

I think the story originates from Sonny West - for the most part it's best to take things that the likes of the MM say with a pinch of salt but it is funny. Apparently, 'Hamburger James' is James Caughley who was part of the gang in the late '60's/early 70's, I think.

The story is all about James being a naughty boy and making away with some photos of Priscilla with another female??!! The story unfolds at the Las Vegas Airport and involves Elvis waving his police badge and reading James his rights - at this point go check it out guys!

Anyway, Priscilla with another woman - anyone ever heard that one before? What's this all about?

And why was Mr. Caughley referred to as 'Hamburger James'?

Your thoughts please guys.

Cheers,

NEA.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

In "The Girls Guide To Elvis", it talks of the things that Elvis liked sexually. It does speak of how he enjoyed taking photos of Priscilla, especially with other women!

I don't know how much truth is in this, but it is interesting. I've not ever heard Priscilla talk about it?

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    NEA, that's a great story indeed. As I recall James had pocketed one or two of Elvis' rings as well.

As soon as it came to Elvis' attention and he found out James was about to get on a plane, he and some of the guys headed for the airport and when they got there, Caughley had already boarded. Supposedly Elvis walked out on the tarmac, waving his badge at the plane for the pilot to see, and they opened the stairs for him. Elvis bounded on the plane, flashed his badge again and said something about official police business, grabbed James and dragged him off the plane.

Apparently the guys roughed him up a bit and Elvis told him he was going to let him go, but he better not come around again.

He was called Hamburger James because he was the ultimate 'gofer' and the one usually called upon when a run to the Krystal for some burgers was needed..."James! Hamburgers!"

Nabelt, the stories about the photos (and videos) are not something we would expect to hear from Priscilla, but several of the guys have professed to have seen them and given some details of them. Joe apparently kept them protected while Elvis was around and it is believed he gave them to Priscilla after he died.

I can't say how true any of the above is, but I have read about these things in various accounts. I'd say there's a good chance Sonny will address them again when his book comes out, and hopefully in greater detail.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Great info & more

Cheers Lonnie...

How long did Caughley work for Elvis and how come he did what he did on that fateful day at the airport?

I seem to get him mixed up with the other James...James Kingsley?...was he the chauffeur or was that a guy called Gerald?...and wasn't one of them British?

Hope you can throw some light again Lonnie...

Cadillac King
    The story goes that Elvis statred to give this Burger James his rights....you know,...'You have the right to remain silent....' but he forgot the statement, so added a few expletives to it...I think the word MF was used.......I think it's hysterical.....there is also another side of Elvis that makes me laugh....you know when Elvis is on the car during EOT, and he is talking about the 'launch' and he doesn't realise tha the mic is on overhead....the boys tell him it's there and the look on his face is priceless, so he launches into....'What a friend we have in Jesus'......it's Elvis and his quick wit....
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

A Classic Moment.

Yeah, a classic moment Carolyn...and one that first came to light in the extended video version of "This Is Elvis" I think...and was it also featured in the cinema release too?