Thread: Anyone ever heard of this guy?

International Level

Question Anyone ever heard of this guy?

Got this from another board.

Elvis Presley was reportedly a flop in bed. Byron Raphael, who was "Elvis's pimp" from 1956 to 1960, claims a string of famous beauties told him the hip-swivelling lothario was a disaster between the sheets.

Raphael also alleges the rock legend rarely "went all the way" with fans because his mother had told him pre-marital sex was a sin.

Elvis's right hand man goes on to tell the November issue of America's Playboy magazine how screen icon Marilyn Monroe scorned the singer's advances, while actress Natalie Wood moaned The King "didn't know how to screw". Raphael boasts he himself ended up bedding sexy Wood instead.

The lady procurer's bizarre claims also include Presley's fondness for "slumber parties" - in which he would relish inventing hairstyles and applying make-up to female fans - and how the star was frightened of gays and lesbians.

When asked if he is worried about the backlash from Elvis's loyal fans, Raphael told America's MSNBC website: "The things that I had to say are true and I don't think they tear him down. I think it shows just how innocent he was compared to this image that he had "He was not some wild rock-and-roller. He was a very sweet and shy young guy".

Elvis' pimp?!!!

Erm... OK.

I found mention of Byron Raphael on www.colonelparker.com. Apparently, he features in Alanna Nash's biography. His name crops up on this page: http://www.colonelparker.com/sf.htm (Towards the bottom of the article).

This guy sounds like a jack@$$. "Raphael boasts he himself ended up bedding Natalie". True or not, this is pure tabloid trash talk. What point does it serve other than to beef up this nobody's ego? "Oh, look, I banged a famous starlet Elvis didn't!". Could you get any more redundant or pathetic? This person is obviously lacking in taste and decency to be talking publically of sexual antics - especially ones involving people that died young under tragic circumstances. What a sad little man.

Now, the broader revelation of Elvis' regard for sex is nothing new. I'm sure he had his fair share of action in the bedroom - but I don't think it was a driving force for him. From all that I've read, it strikes me that the company of women, even if sexual forces were at play, was more important to him.

I think Elvis WAS uncomfortable with those not of a heterosexual orientation - but fearful seems too strong a word. Although he stormed off to his trailer in a fit of rage when a gay made a pass at him during "Fun In Acapalco" and wanted Red West to punch the guy's lights out (according to Joe Esposito), Elvis also met up with Liberace and was aware he had a gay following. A large part of Elvis' character and life experience was that he was a Southern guy with Southern beliefs and values encountering a larger world - a world much more complex than he ever dared to imagine. This, in my opinion, explains all manner of things: his deference to the Colonel (it's A reason, anyway), his general insularity, his fear at taking on a big city like New York, his strong love of gospel and Christianity despite a lengthy spiritual quest, and yes, his feelings towards sexual orientations he'd been led to believe were wrong. Life's a learning experience. I think one needs to be careful about the strength and magnitude of language one uses to describe another person - particularly when talking publically. But again, tact and humility clearly allude Byron Raphael.

Whatever gives you five extra minutes of fame and a bit of money in the bank, eh?
    Last edited by Cryogenic; 10-12-2005 at 03:06 AM.

International Level
    I was just wondering, since to my recollection, this was the first time I'd seen that name in connection to Elvis.

As far as Elvis' feelings towards homosexuals go: I think I heard Charlie mention it once in some obscure interview in the eighties that some guys (don't know if they were fellow G.I.'s) persued Elvis in the army, really persued him, which definitely colored his view on gays in that he didn't want them too near him, physically....... I always thought the comment coming from Charlie was odd, since he gives me a gay vibe himself.....

I have to agree about the jack@$$ . Its someone who knows he can make a a $ on his supposed close affiliation to Elvis. Did anyone know Elvis who was not either his close friend of personal confidaunt? $$$$

How long?

I wonder how long it is going to be before this a * * headlines as a special guest 'star' at Fan Club events due to his connection with Elvis. Afterall, they've all had a shot at using Elvis to give them their name - The Wests, Dee Presley, Donna Pritchett-Early, and 'The Headhunter'...er...I mean David Stanley.

Always room for one more eh?...And Fan Club Organisations should have more sense.

They all make me sick.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

Quote Originally Posted by NEA
    I wonder how long it is going to be before this a * * headlines as a special guest 'star' at Fan Club events due to his connection with Elvis. Afterall, they've all had a shot at using Elvis to give them their name - The Wests, Dee Presley, Donna Pritchett-Early, and 'The Headhunter'...er...I mean David Stanley.

Always room for one more eh?...And Fan Club Organisations should have more sense.

They all make me sick.

They should be more selective in their choices thats for sure. THe Headhunter is definitly on the list of "should not be invited until he makes a living-other than trading on the name Elvis."

Alanna Nash & Partner?!

Jeez, has Alanna Nash 'sold out' now too?!...

Check this:

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentatio...show&item=7046

I suppose this shouldn't come as a real surprise...I'm sure Ms. Nash is a talented writer but reading some of her phrases and sentences describing Elvis in the book "Revelations from The Memphis Mafia", well...it shouldn't come as a real surprise...

Like I said, is there a dollar to be made? If its racy is there more than a dollar to be made? You Bet! Elvis said, "Those people have a job to do I guess" Its been nothing but a feeding frenzy for 28 years. Its almost a cottage industry.
    Indepth Books written about Elvis and his music, and or talent, just a handful. But supposed revelations by bodyguards, best friends, relatives, secretarys,barbers, people with axes to grind- livings to be made- in the hundreds.
    Books written by people who never met Elvis" with personal insight into Elvis's mind that rely on the memorys and truthfulness of others"- hundreds.
    Its to me the saddest part of the Elvis story. Has anyone had the integrity to say NO I will not right a book of any kind-good, bad, truthful, made up, self grandizing,....

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Is there ANYTHING people won't attach Elvis' name to, just to make a quick buck??

Whether Elvis was good in bed or not is certainly not a topic of conversation around the dinner table, or when I am teaching my 8-year old daughter and 3-year old son about Elvis Presley!!

Aside from the purely monetary gains this Byron Raphael character is trying to cash in on, associating Elvis' name with something this degrading is absolutely horrible and I would truly hope that EPE's legal team will be contacting this guy very soon!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

International Level

Cool

This guy worked for Parker not Elvis. Apparently Marilyn Monroe's assistant called and asked for Elvis to go to Marilyn's, Elvis refused. In the article Elvis is supposedly unsuccesful in asking her out. Elvis never unzipped his pants on stage as is claimed. Thats just rubbish. Elvis did have sex with Natalie, while in the article Byron claims he did - can you imagine her having sex with someone from the William Morris Agency while Elvis Presley is around?

Byron was assigned to Parker, and Parker always kept his boys seperate from Elvis'. Except the ones later on that he used to get information from. But, he did keep his seperate and there is enough incidence of him doing that throughout the 60's and 70's.

Peggy Lipton who is also in the article, tried to get Elvis into Scientology. He told her if she brought it up again he'd drop her. She did, and he followed through on his promise.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Information

Some good pieces of information there 0349054...which 'boys' did Parker use later on to get information from?

And, who is Peggy Lipton?

Plus, have you got any information on Elvis 'dropping' her?

Cheers,

NEA.

International Level

Cool

Hi NEA,

Byron worked for the William Morris Agency and they assigned him to Parker, not Elvis. Although in the Playboy article you would think the opposite had happened.

Peggy Lipton was an actress that Elvis dated in the late 70's. Around 73 or 74, he dated her on and off for about a month. She tried to get him into Scientology, and after he visited the Scientology place, he came out saying he was staying away from that SOB group and all they wanted was his money. Peggy continued on about Scientology so Elvis just stopped seeing her because of it. Priscilla and Lisa say it's not a cult and forces you to confront issues, Elvis wanted no part of it and nailed them pretty hard.

Joe and Jerry relayed a lot of information about Elvis to Parker.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Oh what tales they all weave.

I don't care what they say it's nobody's business anyway except Elvis' So he's not here to say and I don't think if he were he would be wasting any time or thoughts to these tougue waggers!

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Well Said!

Well Said, Tommy!...and, thanks for the info 0349054...

So, Joe & Jerry were Parker's 'hit' men...what a scenario - both of them caught up between being loyal to Elvis and 'blagging' to the Colonel, and Elvis stuck in the middle of them two and Parker!

I wonder if they got paid any more for this extra Job duty?!

So, Elvis snubbed the ol' Scientology bit...if he were still with us today would Lisa-Marie and 'Mom' still be preaching it's beliefs?...Hmmm...

Peggy Lipton was the Blond on the tv show the Mod Squad in the 70s and a minor blip on the radar screen.