Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realaudio Request

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    As a moderator and card-carrying member of the TCB Mafia, this might seem like the sort of thing I would be capable of, but sadly that's not the case.

I mentioned this in an off-topic thread and thought I'd say something about it here where it will get more attention, and where it belongs.

Some of you guys (Albert comes to mind) have posted some great songs and/or clips before on here, but I haven't seen anything of the sort in a while. Some of the things were new to my ears, and even if they weren't, I enjoyed them as well as the knowledge that people who hadn't heard them were getting a real kick out of listening to them.

If that still can be done on here, could I put in some requests?

The song I mentioned in the other thread which I would like Curtis and others to hear is Hurt from June 26, 1977. If the whole song can't be done, at least the last part, por favor. People who haven't heard it are bound to be blown away by it. To know Elvis was singing that well at his very last show, that he went out on such a positive note performance-wise is very satisfying to me. It is something to play for the detractors.

Another favorite '77 highlight of mine is Can't Help Falling In Love from May 22.

As is Where No One Stands Alone from February 16.

Two other versions of Hurt which also boggle the mind are from consecutive nights: December 28 & 29, 1976.

America The Beautiful from March 21, 1976.

[It occurs to me that the thing I like best about all these performances I've named is their powerful endings. They really do it for me!]

So many great shows in '75...some great rare performances I know people would love to hear would be Turn Around, Look At Me; You'll Never Walk Alone; and You're The Reason I'm Living--which I guess is not so rare since it was featured on the Vegas box set.

Anything from the rehearsals on August 16, 1974. Perhaps Goodtime Charlie's Got The Blues, a favorite song of mine. I like this performance better than the live version 3 days later. I think Elvis sounded better then--his voice was a little clearer and livelier than it was opening night, in my estimation. Or maybe Your Love's Been A Long Time Coming.

You Can Have Her from May 11, 1974.

Seems right now I have mostly a live-track mind. Anything would be welcome; these are just some ideas of mine.

Oh--the home recordings from the Thompson family home--wow! I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, That's All Right, See See Rider, Baby What You Want Me To Do, Spanish Eyes, some nice guitar work from Elvis and him harmonizing with Linda on some of her old school songs, Elvis's poem--oh man! Pardon my excitement...these tracks are just too cool for words, and I'd love for everyone to get to hear some of this material if you haven't.

Albert, that (digitally created) a cappella performance of The Wonderful World Of Christmas was simply awesome. Do you have anything else like that?

I guess before I named all these songs I should have asked about the possibility of doing this. Well, if it can't be done on this board, do any of you guys with your own sites (or possibly the TCB-World site) have any room to share some of this great stuff? I would be most grateful.

Hearing some of these things for the first time is really like an epiphany...or it was for me anyway.

If this can be done, thanks in advance.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Backstage Pass
    i dont know if you are interested, but if you want to see lisa marie rockin' out...(shes good)...here ya go. how do you make files small enough to upload here...because i have a few cool things...

UPLOAD JOKE AUDIO CLIPS PLEASE. i love it.
    "Elvis, we're talking about shooting from the waist down, and not being able to touch hands with body, or body with hands, excuse me. I just got this show off the air boy"

it is a good idea to have real audio as long as albert wont get into trouble doing so, imagine epe saw the forum full of illegal audio, this forum would be closed so quickly and i just dont think its worth it.....if you cant get in trouble putting real audio up on the forum then im all for it .aron

That's definitely a worthwhile consideration, Aron. I think it will be OK though as long as we are not offering complete songs which are available on BMG/FTD releases (in which case, scratch my request for You're The Reason...). But that would need to be verified. Thanks for bringing that up.

That's definitely a worthwhile consideration, Aron. I think it will be OK though as long as we are not offering complete songs which are available on BMG/FTD releases (in which case, scratch my request for You're The Reason...). But that would need to be verified. Thanks for bringing that up
    no problem another thing we have to consider is the size of mb that audio files take up.it sure would be good to get some nice audio files up on the forum but there is quiet alot to consider... ,aron.

Originally posted by E.L.V.I.S@Jun 8 2004, 12:56 PM
    no problem another thing we have to consider is the size of mb that audio files take up.
    Absolutely.

If it is OK to go ahead with it, there wouldn't necessarily have to be a lot of audio available at any one time. If it is to be on a website, there could be a featured five or ten or so which get changed every so often. If it is OK to do on the board but with some limits, then it would just have to be agreed upon that after so many get posted, with each additional clip or song that is posted, a moderator will then have to delete the oldest one. I don't know if that is an acceptable system or not, but if it is I'd be glad to help with that. I haven't really thought this through, so if that's just a really bad idea, cut me some slack.

Backstage Pass
    what do you think of lisa's show? i'm a fan now of her too.
    "Elvis, we're talking about shooting from the waist down, and not being able to touch hands with body, or body with hands, excuse me. I just got this show off the air boy"

Change Of Habit - "Dr Carpenters' Discovery"
    King Creole - "Danny's Proposition"

These are a couple of joke video files a friend of mine made last year, I think you'll find them funny (Right Click "Save Target As") and they're not too big a download

Keith

Cadillac King
    I have never heard Elvis sing Turn Around, Look At Me....where was it, and where can I find it??
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Carolyn:

Elvis sang a verse of Turn Around, Look At Me in Asheville on July 23 1975 and here it is just for you

Keith

Here is something from the studio, and it's something of a rarity from my private collection, it's the Stereo "Single" version of the song "I'm Yours" and has never been released, even on bootleg. This is the version that doesn't include the "Narration" in the middle of the song.

Keith

keith your one nice guy thanks soooo much for that.... that is one hell of a fantastic version,super.thanks again, aron.

Thanks Aron, I try to let as many fans as possible listen to some of what I have in my private collection.

Here's another rarity from Asheville, this time from July 24 1975. "Pieces Of My Life" is from a totally different (and better) source than the same performance released on bootleg.

Keith

Elvis' Babe:

This is a little childish, but you may find it funny

"All Shook Up" (Alternate Take&#33

Keith

Cadillac King
    Thanks for that Keith, there's always something else to hear from Elvis......
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Keith-

All fantastic (and funny) clips. Thank you so much for sharing some of your ultra-rare stuff with us. The spirit of Elvis is unfortunately lost on a few Elvis fans who have the goods; lucky for us, you are not one of those people.

Great topic Thanks for sharing Keith

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    How about this one? I've always found this one one of the prettiest and rarest of the unrehearsed songs that Elvis ever did.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

OOOOOOO, this is great Albert , it brings tears in my eyes, beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast