Thread: The Lost Performances

The Lost Performances

Hello!

It's taken a long while, but my tape of The Lost Performances finally arrived! I've just started watching it, where it says that the performances on this tape were about to be discarded, but someone found them in time. I can't believe whoever was in charge of the footage could have "ok'd" footage like this to just get thrown out! I wonder what they were thinking... and, what else might have been available, but destroyed??

Also, what was Elvis' conversational/speaking voice like? I have a lot of trouble hearing what he says when he's talking--whether it's on TTWII DVD or 1968, etc. He comes across loud and clear singing, though! Is that usually the case for singers?

Did Elvis ever develop throat complications from singing too much--like Julie Andrews (I know she isn't the best example, but it's the only name that comes to mind!)

Thanks!!

International Level

Cool

The thing about them being discarded is just an old yarn! Maybe they think it adds to the mystique, but seriously, they know where all the Elvis footage is. No film company is that stupid, and no one is that silly with Elvis material.

I always laugh when I see that at the beginning of the tape!
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Cutiepie, according to Charlie Hodge, Elvis never had throat problems from singing too much.

International Level

Cool

He had laryngitis though, and it can be heard during his rendition of 'Hey Jude' at the 69 sessions in Memphis.

I think he was on some sort of steroid inhaler for his throat in the 70's though. Not that he had a problem, but I think just to help his throat with all the singing, more of a preventitive than anything else. At the start of EOT, you can see him take some of the inhaler.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Oh so that's what that was inhaler? I thought it was breathe spray.

Thanks for your interesting input.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Glad to hear you are enjoying THE LOST PERFORMANCES cutiepie!!!

But that material is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, in terms of unreleased footage from TTWII or EOT!!! There is SO much more footage that was shot for both films that has yet to be officially released!!! Of course, as I am sure you've seen elsewhere on the messageboard, many fans are still hopeful that the DEFINITIVE DVD set of ELVIS ON TOUR will soon see the light of day, including all of the available outtakes that were filmed at the various concerts used to create the movie!!!

ENJOY YOUR VIDEO!! IT IS DEFINITELY A GREAT COLLECTION OF OUTTAKES!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Portions of the Lost Performances can be found on TTWII SE DVD

Matt

Thank you, everybody! I'm really enjoying the tape--thought I sure wish it was on DVD !

There are several sets of EOT and TTWII outtakes being offered around the world. 20 hours, or more, of TTWII and some reports of 45 hours of EOT. I think something official must be in the works or this stuff would not be coming out unofficially. Why they have kept it hid so loing when we beg for any new footage is a mystery. In regards to the inhaler, it was Prevalin an ashma and bronchial dialater to help breathing by opening the bronchial tubes.