Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Elvis Walked In

If Elvis Walked In

If Elvis walked into your living room what would you want to ask him.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Backstage Pass
    first of all i would faint hahaha, umm i dont know really, thats a good question!! i would talk about him, his life HIS MUSIC, probably.
    ADRIANNA

I would like to talk with him about music for sure, later on the subjet will go about whats good to do in this life...

Mad Tigers
    What a great topic, Tommy! If I could ask him just one question, it would be:

You've brought happiness to millions of people, including me, but never seemed to achieve a lasting happiness of your own. Have you found your happiness now, are you at peace?

Of course, I'd want to ask him a ton of other stuff, too, but, in a way, the rest all seems kind of trivial...

"I thought you were bringing pizza, dude"

No, really...I have no idea. But I'm sure that we'd get around to music, stagecraft and -- this is a for-sure -- both wax rhapsodic about martial arts and end up mangling each others wrists and so on. I share some of his more obvious interests and I'm, sure we'd get along pretty well. Actually, I've got a DVD of The Party, the excellent Peter Sellers film, so maybe we'd just sit there and watch that.

I wish it were within the realm of possibility. Oh, sure, he could be physically alive still -- all things are possible and, basically, if it's conceivable it's also possible -- but I'm afraid it's not the most likely way things turned out.
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Where have you been I missed you so much it hurt

(L)(?`?._)I can resist anything but temptation(?`?._)(F)
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Backstage Pass
    i would also love to say that, how much people love him and how many people miss him, it hurt so bad when you were gone, ou still have your loyal subjects for you are the king, i would probably go into other things.
    ADRIANNA

Thank you all so far for your replies all so touching and interesting.

Tommy
    Last edited by Tommy; 09-27-2005 at 05:31 PM. Reason: let word out

A question? I would say something like: Where are we going, my dear friend? Or maybe I'd only ask him to join me on an eternally trip around heaven (if that's posible ) I love (night) sky's deep blue color, even more when I can see it filled with stars. If Elvis could be with me... If we could share one beautiful night... talking, floating over the clouds ... it would be a dream came true.

P.S: Okay, call me crazy... but I think that's romantic.

I wish I could tell Elvis so many things...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Very nice Wendy.

Thank you,

Tommy

If Elvis walked in my living room I would love to just sit and talk with him and ask him what he thinks about his feelings on many subjects. Clear up all the unanswered questions we all have. I would love for him to sing and play my brother's piano. Sit down have a nice dinner. Know that he was happy.

Tommy

Well, after I picked myself up off the floor and wipped the drool from my mouth, I would just like to hug and hold him and ask him if he ever found his true happiness. I would ask him if he was proud of his daughter and her family, which undoubtably he would probably answer yes to. And just talk alot about the past. His true loves, his career and what life for Elvis Presley would have been like if Aug. 16, 1977 had never happened. Would his music career continued on for years. There are just so many unanswered questions. One thing would definitley lead to another, conversation wise.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I can't think of just one question; mainly I would ask things which I would think to be the most revealing about who he truly was as a person. I mean we all think we know, and are pretty confident in our impressions of him. But to have an actual conversation and see him respond directly to your queries, and not have an idea of him that's based on soundbites and filmclips from when he was "on" and half-remembered or embellished anecdotes from other people...that would be fantastic.

I bet that if you could spend just a couple minutes with him, and he was totally at ease and open to meeting with you, that you would come away feeling like you really knew what he was all about, regardless of the topics of your conversation. I'm not saying you would know everything about him or what all made him tick, but you would have a pretty accurate impression of who he really was, the soul within, you know?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Mad Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    If I could ask him just one question, it would be:

You've brought happiness to millions of people, including me, but never seemed to achieve a lasting happiness of your own. Have you found your happiness now, are you at peace?

Of course, I'd want to ask him a ton of other stuff, too, but, in a way, the rest all seems kind of trivial...
    Something that I didn't mention before is that I'd also want to tell him thank you. There would never be enough words to really do it justice, though.

Thank you all for your replies. This is great. Your thinking is very intelligent!

Thanks,

Tommy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    If Elvis walked into your living room what would you want to ask him.

Tommy
    I would ask him: WHAT TO HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?????
    Destination deals the cards we're just playing.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    WHAT A FANTASTIC QUESTION TOMMY!!!

I guess I'd probably ask him something more direct like why did he stick with The Colonel as long as he did, especially in the later years when it was becoming more and more obvious that The Colonel was only out for himself and didn't have Elvis' best interests at heart!!

On the lighter side, I'd ask him what he truly thinks of all the Elvis impersonators and tribute artists that are out there today!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I would be totally stunned if Elvis walked into my living room. I would let him lead the way as to subjects he wanted to talk about asking questions along the way and in that way I would get to know him as he really was.

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I'd say "MERCY, Looked who just walked through that door"

Then I'd say shake his hand and tell him to have a seat, offer him a drink and a friend peanut butter sandwich, Then I'd say "what did you mean by giving away that cool Gibson signature guitar!"
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    First of all I would hope he could remnber way back when at 70

I wouldn't want to ask anything just to talk about anything what be great!!!!

Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast