Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guys/gals whats ur thoughts on this?

guys/gals whats ur thoughts on this?

Elvis Presley' step-brother, David Stanley has told the Dutch newspaper 'De
    Telegraaf' that the King of music took his own life on August 16th 1977.

Stanley, who's family have released at least seven books about Elvis over the
    years claims, ?Elvis committed suicide". Stanley says. "He took three times his
    ?normal? dose of pills, knowing what would happen to him?.

Stanley went on to state that Elvis committed suicide because of the release of the
    tabloid book "Elvis - What Happened?" written by Red West, Sonny West and
    Dave Hebler. And the thought of another tiring tour of the U.S.A depressed him
    and he decided to end his life.
    We do two shows a night for five weeks. A lotta times we?ll go upstairs and sing until daylight - gospel songs. We grew up with it...It more or less puts your mind at ease. It does mine.?

On Elvis' Passing

No way, don't believe that This guys looking for attention.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

David Stanley needs to stop trying to make his living off Elvis. Secondly, Elvis really didn't care for Dee or any of the Stanley boy's and certanly never referred to them as his brothers.

The more I think about it, maybe David has found his calling in life.......A BAD FICTION WRITER!
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

International Level

Cool

Who pays attention to this jerk! Did he also tell how John Lennon called to the front door at Graceland, and he answered it? Oh, I'm sorry that didn't happen either!

How dumb does he think the Elvis community is? Even people who pay little or no attention to him, manage to catch him out with all the lies and contradicting stories that he spews to anyone who will listen, or preferabaly anyone who is dumb enough pay to listen to him.

Elvis took his own life? With Lisa in the house? I'm not evening going to get into the reasons why August 16th 1977, wasn't exactly a good day for Elvis to do something like that.

August 16th 1977, was fate. Elvis left this plain of existence. If David Stanley wants to maintain that Elvis took too many pills, let him. If the paper is worth it's salt it will check it all out. Besides it's common knowledge what the official cause of death was: Cardiac Arrhythmia. If he wants to postulate a new theory, let him. Its rubbish, just like anything he, his mother or brothers talk about.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Dumb

Yes, well, Mr. Stanley certainly 'talks' a good case...I'm sure he's a very good 'Preacher Man' and a very shrewd business man when it comes to promoting such things, but unfortunately everytime he tries to apply his business ethics to the 'Elvis World' he ends up sounding off like a true jerk!

Yes, I'm afraid it is very true that people like Stanley, Donna Early, and Dick Grob believe that the Elvis Community of Fans are dumb and so gullible with it too...It's a crying shame and Elvis would not be very proud of these people - 2 of whom are related through family!

I don't like any of them, they're either spinning yarns about the fact that they were closer than the previous one or trying to sell you something that Supposedly belonged to our man - I say get rid of these 'Special Guest Stars' at your conventions and play a movie of the real thing instead!

David Stanley is just another unknown who has his own story of events that occurred on that Sad, Fateful day in August 1977. He now has turned 'his' story into a big screen action movie entitled 'The Headhunter' - Jeez, how can the rest of Hollywood stand the competition...I wonder which 'cheesey' Elvis impersonator he has got to play his 'big brother' on screen?!

I cringe.

NEA.
    Last edited by NEA; 09-18-2005 at 04:40 PM.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

International Level
    I love the family stuff, I don't think I have ever read in any book or ever heard Elvis ever refer to his 'brothers'!

Don't forget it was Dee who started saying Elvis slept with Glady's. They all strike me as nuts!
    Last edited by 0349054; 09-18-2005 at 06:53 PM.

As horrific as it would have been, wouldn't it have been easier if Elvis had been shot? Then no one could play the "suicide" card. *sigh*

Seven books about Elvis? What does that tell you? This person has absolutely no shame.

Backstabbing and money-making is, unfortunately, an inherent part of the Elvis myth. And long will it continue.

International Level

Cool

Well, Elvis was against suicide for religious reasons, and he held those beliefs quite strongly at the time he died. The guys who were around him in August 77' will verify that .Besides the Stanley's were stoned most of the time!

By all accounts EP was looking forward to his upcoming tour, though he was apprehensive on how his fans would react to the West cousins book having been released two weeks earlier. He also played raquetball that morning and visited his dentist for some work he needed done. Why would somebody who's planning suicide do those things? Almost everything negative has been written about him so Stanley has to come up with something of the extreme in order to sell his books, what an a--hole.

Backstage Pass

i agree

i would never think that elvis would take his own life! it was purely accidental!
    ADRIANNA

To some degree, Elvis did take his own life, but through sustained self-destructive behavior, not the way that this character's claiming. I'm sure he was depressed, and had been for some time (clinical depression was not dealt with or medicated for back then as it is now), but I think it's almost inconceivable that he would ever have killed himself. This theory's been floated before, and I believe David Stanley's claimed it before. In fact, was it him who wrote the book with the late, unlamented Albert Goldswine that claimed Elvis was murdered? Or was that also a suicide claim? Can't keep up with all the trash...getting it and the trashmerchants mixed up in my head.

Regardless, David Stanley has proven himself an unreliable witness. Like a few of the Memphis Mafia, he was also so whacked out on drugs that his 'eyewitness accounts' are dubious by default. There's one Stanley book worth reading: Billy's...he comes across as forthright and his account meshes well with those of others who have less of an agenda to push.
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Backstage Pass
    how the hell would he know? he wasnt there when he died! i hate it when people try to exploit his death like Mr stanley. i obviously think that it WASN'T suicide, sure elvis was lonely and had a painfull addiction, he never meant to die. this guy needs attention and its in the wrong way.
    ADRIANNA

SHAME ON YOU DAVID STANLEY ...YOU TWISTED LITTLE FOOL OF A MAN!!
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

Backstage Pass
    I AGREE! he's nuts!
    ADRIANNA

He has to make a living-why doesn't he sell used cars!

Cadillac King
    What a load of cow dung!!!

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    I think that "those that can't do , preach" and that sums up David Stanley's life. He is just another in a long line of those espousing to have had the inside loop and best friend card with Elvis.
    I don't want to go off into a tangent about Elvis' death, but essentially he died of a broken heart. The medication made it worse and was just a band-aid on a gaping wound. A vicious cycle, more meds meant more complications meant more meds meant more complications meant more meds.... and so on, until his heart couldn't take it. Has anyone read "The Death of Elvis" ? I didn't want to but did anyway out of curiosity and found some of their theories rang true to me, expecially dealing with all the unreleased information about the autopsy and his medical intake over the years, and on that day. Good to know that Dr. Nick lost his license over that drug itenerary he made up for Elvis. Good Lord, that many drugs would kill me dead. Poor Elvis, too much trust to to too many leeches.
    AAAGH, see there I go running off on a tangent again!!!!
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Quote Originally Posted by Menwithbrokenhearts
    I think that "those that can't do , preach" and that sums up David Stanley's life. He is just another in a long line of those espousing to have had the inside loop and best friend card with Elvis.
    I don't want to go off into a tangent about Elvis' death, but essentially he died of a broken heart. The medication made it worse and was just a band-aid on a gaping wound. A vicious cycle, more meds meant more complications meant more meds meant more complications meant more meds.... and so on, until his heart couldn't take it. Has anyone read "The Death of Elvis" ? I didn't want to but did anyway out of curiosity and found some of their theories rang true to me, expecially dealing with all the unreleased information about the autopsy and his medical intake over the years, and on that day. Good to know that Dr. Nick lost his license over that drug itenerary he made up for Elvis. Good Lord, that many drugs would kill me dead. Poor Elvis, too much trust to to too many leeches.
    AAAGH, see there I go running off on a tangent again!!!!
    The Stanleys are going to make as much money off Elvis as long as they can. Dee was mad because she claims Elvis told her the boys were in his will. Even Rick the one whos a preacher still in a way makes a living by using his association with Elvis as a central part of his ministry. Davids Stanleys new project called "HeadHunter" is about his life as a bodyguard for Elvis. It will go on and on, until they have squeezed every dime they can out of every true or untrue theory and story they can come up with. I think he is basically jealous of Elvis and if you listen long enough to him it creeps into his conversation.

guy's /gals what's ur thoughts on this

i think the only thing any of the stanlies are interested in is how much money can the get. i have never read any of thier books and never will either.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I can understand that Elvis could have overdosed himself in a moment of sadness and depression. At that moment in life nothing seemed to go right:

* his old-time friends left and wrote a nasty inside information book about Elvis
    * the group of people that surrounded him was much less familiar: no Red and Sonny West, no Jerry Schilling, etc. So Elvis was forced to hire a professional bodyguards that were no friends
    * his health was at an absolute low-point
    * his relationship with Ginger was bad: she was way to young to be Elvis girlfriend, mother and nurse. A few months earlier she still lived home with her parents. The fact that she turned away from Elvis many times didn't do the "macho man" feelings of Elvis good. And for a guy in his earlier 40s it also even harder to coope with.
    * His carreer seemed to be turned into a "Hollywood fase" all over: too many of the same gigs and little excitement to change.
    * To make life (and friends) easier, Elvis had to earn more and more money. So more tours were necesary to make that much needed cash. We all know by now that Elvis was real low on cash by that time.
    * Elvis was 'forced' to be the eternal Rock'n Roller in a jumpsuit. That was easier when he was in his 30s, but Elvis had problems to keep on appearing in a jumpsuit. How long could he continu to perform this way before everybody saw him as a karikature of his own image?
    * When you're ugly, becoming older, heavier and bolder, is much less worse, than when you're known as being a sex-symbol for 3 decades. Thoughts about what would happen when he would become bold or old must have gone through his mind. Especially during moments when he was depressed.

So all these points might be the reason of overdosing himself in a moment of weakness, sadness and loneliness.....
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast