Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hands

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    The Lost Performances has not come out on DVD yet. But Elvis' looks really great on this VHS tape. Not sick or anything. He was still in good form when they made this one.

Tommy
    Thanks, Tommy--I know it's not very mature of me to ask! It's still hard for me to read the last chapters of my Elvis books, too!

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Here ya go ladies!

Tommy
    THANK YOU!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LeighAnne

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie
    you mean your neck, right?????

no........

Mad Tigers
    Was there also a special edition on DVD? I think I ordered the VHS tape... should there be anything I ought to be cautious about watching?... I know it sounds awkward to ask--I always want to be prepared in case Elvis looks ill.
    Sorry for the confusion - I meant the Special Edition of "That's The Way It Is" - which came several years after "The Lost Performances" and included a few of the same songs. I just didn't want you to be disappointed that you would have already seen some of the songs if you've seen the TTWII SE.

The original TTWII and the TTWII SE are both on DVD, while "The Lost Performances" is only on video. (The original TTWII can be somewhat hard to find on DVD at times, though, as it was pulled out of circulation due to the special edition release.)

Elvis looks great in "The Lost Performances" -- especially in the 1970 "That's The Way It Is" outtakes, which comprise most of the tape.

Like the original movie, he appears a bit pale in some of the "Elvis On Tour" outtakes from 1972 -- but this may have been due to the lighting, rather than his actual appearance. Incredible performances all the way through.

One highlight that I had forgotten about was Elvis singing a great version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" in Hampton, VA. It sounds sad, yet powerful. He always did a top-notch job on that song, though. It's one of the few live versions I've heard where he includes the "I loved you at first glance" line.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvisgirl
    no........
    hmmm...maybe I've been at the computer too long! I always get a stiff neck--it sure would feel good to have Elvis give a nice head and neck massage! I really ought to get myself to the spa!

hehe....I'm very curious which part of Elvis' body will be discussed next? First it was His face, now hands, and then...?Any suggestions?
    mmm- chest sounds good -LOL
    Yes...you called, honey?

Hi cutiepie!
    I mean in dvd and vhs! It seems he knows just how to move every limb in his graceful body! he is the master of waking every emotion in your soul & body even those you have no knowledge about them!!

Anyway, I was really taken by how elegant Elvis' hands are! I never really noticed until the part of the tape where Elvis rehearsed "Polk Salad Annie" in the red shirt. I think it was the part where he said "...but they did alright..." and moved his hands so very elegantly.
    A slight adjustment--I re-watched Polk Salad Annie, and Elvis did the hand thing at "Lord have mercy!", and little later than I thought. Just a clarification !

Quote Originally Posted by Lildarling
    hehe....I'm very curious which part of Elvis' body will be discussed next? First it was His face, now hands, and then...?Any suggestions?
    mmm- chest sounds good -LOL
    A good odea! Have you seen the pic that Tommy has sent in pic gallery? elvis in red matador jumpsuit? THE CHEST is something to see really! wow!

i love elvis' hands too. thanks for the pic of the hand... i seem to have a thing for men's hands, particularly their nails. elvis had a lovely pair of hands... truly beautiful like the rest of him...

Hands!

Hands!!WOW!!There was nothing ugly about him.Lips,eyes,body,and girls what a derriere!!Here are two of my fav pictures!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 60s_returnoftheking_029.jpg   6920Press20Conf2028.jpg  
    Man,I just work here!(Elvis 68')

Quote Originally Posted by iloveelvis05
    has anyone ever noticed how big his hands were?? I mean...they were a GOOD big, but I just noticed the size of them that's all. What's your opinion?
    I remember when I talked about Elvis comeback special in English class and showed the Troubel footage, my teachers noted how big his hands were. I had never noticed that myself before, but he was right. But like you said, good big! Hehe
    There's so much world to see
    For me, there's so much world to see
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!
    - waiting to see Australia.
    It's that little problem money first!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12