Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hands

Hands

Hello !

I just watched the original VHS version of TTWII. It really is very different from the DVD version! In a way, that's good, since someone who already owned the tape would at least find something new in the DVD.

Anyway, I was really taken by how elegant Elvis' hands are! I never really noticed until the part of the tape where Elvis rehearsed "Polk Salad Annie" in the red shirt. I think it was the part where he said "...but they did alright..." and moved his hands so very elegantly. I thought about the 1968 special, and he did a lot of cool hand movements in the concert segments. I'm really blown away by how fluid and natural he is! It would be hard to imagine another artist moving the way Elvis did, right down to his hands.

Was it something he did consciously, or just his natural fluidity?

I liked the original version, but there was a lot of weird stuff in it--the impersonators, fan interviews--I got the impression that these fans were on valium, or something. People who watched that might think that Elvis' fans are all a bunch of zombies--especially the lady who said that she thinks of Elvis as her brother...

There must be more footage hidden away somewhere. Wonder if we will ever see it!

TCB Mafia
    i love his sexy hands!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvisgirl
    i love his sexy hands!!
    very strong...yet supple, graceful....hmmmm mmmm!

TCB Mafia
    i'm sure alot of people who have been near his hands, have received eminence pleasure

Mad Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie
    the part where he said "...but they did alright..." and moved his hands so very elegantly. I thought about the 1968 special, and he did a lot of cool hand movements in the concert segments. I'm really blown away by how fluid and natural he is! It would be hard to imagine another artist moving the way Elvis did, right down to his hands.

Was it something he did consciously, or just his natural fluidity?
    I would imagine that some of the fluidity with his hand movements may have come from his martial arts studies.

There must be more footage hidden away somewhere. Wonder if we will ever see it!
    In addition to the two versions of the film available on DVD, there's also a bit more "That's The Way It Is" footage on "Elvis: The Lost Performances," which is unfortunately only available on video. It also contains some "Elvis On Tour" outtakes. "The Lost Performances" (not to be confused with "The Great Performances") is still one of my all-time favorite Elvis releases. The opening with "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" just blew me away. This was released the same year as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll" 5 CD set, and I remember the media kept talking about the CD set but never mentioned this incredible video. Now, the CD set was nice, but the real treat of that year (really, probably, the whole decade) was "The Lost Performances." I'd love a widescreen edition of that on DVD, even though some of the footage showed up in the "That's The Way It Is" SE.

Of course, a whole DVD set of more "That's The Way It Is" footage would be incredible. I'm sure it will happen eventually. I've learned that eventually, everything gets released.

yes! really graceful hands! the elegance & strength at the same time! I love his hand movements in I can,t stop loving you( ttwii) ,patch it up baby and of course "polk salad Annie" Very effective hand movements and may I say somehow suggestive hip movements!?!

Coming On Strong
    Yes Elvis had beautiful hands and the way he moved them!!!!!! I have always had a thing about mens hands. If they didnt have beautiful hands I usually wouldnt go out with them. Its weird. Maybe I have a hand fetish???? Oh well, thankfully my husband had beautiful hands. LOL!!!!
    LeighAnne

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetInspiration
    Yes Elvis had beautiful hands and the way he moved them!!!!!! I have always had a thing about mens hands. If they didnt have beautiful hands I usually wouldnt go out with them. Its weird. Maybe I have a hand fetish???? Oh well, thankfully my husband had beautiful hands. LOL!!!!
    i have always had a thing about mens hands too. maybe it's a fetish, i have no idea. but there's nothing like sexy hands

I always loved the way Elvis moved his hands. They were another way to be drawn to him. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that feels like this but.....has anyone ever noticed how big his hands were?? I mean...they were a GOOD big, but I just noticed the size of them that's all. What's your opinion?
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

"Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

Visit my website dedicated to the King!

http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Absolutely. Next to Elvis, Austin Powers would have called me a carny!

Seriously, I have noticed that too--it's very apparent. I mean, consider the size of the TCB ring and how it didn't cover too much of the length of his finger.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Thank you for the info PaleRider! I just ordered the Lost Performances tape, based on your recommendations. Can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning
    yes! really graceful hands! the elegance & strength at the same time! I love his hand movements in I can,t stop loving you( ttwii) ,patch it up baby and of course "polk salad Annie" Very effective hand movements and may I say somehow suggestive hip movements!?!
    Hi MistyMorning

Are you referring to the original VHS or the DVD?

Thanks!

Mad Tigers
    Thank you for the info PaleRider! I just ordered the Lost Performances tape, based on your recommendations. Can't wait to see it!
    That's great to hear! I actually watched it the other night after making that post, because it'd been awhile since I'd seen it. You're in for a real treat. The opening title sequence is kind of cheesey and amateurish, but don't let that throw you. The live footage starts soon after that with "Walk A Mile In My Shoes," and it's one of the best videos! Some, but not all, of these performances were later added to the SE. Be sure to post what you think after you see it.
    Last edited by PaleRider; 09-19-2005 at 09:49 AM.

Elvis' Hands

Here ya go ladies!

Tommy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ElvisHand1956.jpg  

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

TCB Mafia
    oh my god!!!! sexy sexy

...mmmmm....hmmmm....I can just imagine those hands massaging my shoulders! whooooo!

TCB Mafia
    i can just imagine him massaging my....uuuuuuuuuuuum

Quote Originally Posted by PaleRider
    That's great to hear! I actually watched it the other night after making that post, because it'd been awhile since I'd seen it. You're in for a real treat. The opening title sequence is kind of cheesey and amateurish, but don't let that throw you. The live footage starts soon after that with "Walk A Mile In My Shoes," and it's one of the best videos! Some, but not all, of these performances were later added to the SE. Be sure to post what you think after you see it.
    I can hardly wait! Was there also a special edition on DVD? I think I ordered the VHS tape... should there be anything I ought to be cautious about watching?... I know it sounds awkward to ask--I always want to be prepared in case Elvis looks ill.

The Lost Performances has not come out on DVD yet. But Elvis' looks really great on this VHS tape. Not sick or anything. He was still in good form when they made this one.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Elvisgirl
    i can just imagine him massaging my....uuuuuuuuuuuum
    you mean your neck, right?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast