Thread: Fan Club Scam!

Fan Club Scam!

Here's a follow-up to my previous thread re: "The Making Of Elvis On Tour" DVD project.

There has been quite a bit of negativity already been experienced when contacting the British Fan Club about this release and Mr. Slaughter (the guy who runs the club) is very much sticking to his business ethics of "You have to be a member of my club in order to purchase this DVD!"

Why would anybody who lives outside the UK want to pay a full club membership to join something that is not local or national to them??

Why have 'Triangle' suddenly decided that it is a British Fan Club project only and you must be a member of that club to qualify for this opportunity??

And, if it is a 'Triangle' release then why is there a copy for sale on Ebay, especially when it is obviously a British Fan Club project ONLY?!

Another thought springs to mind - what is the point in buying this release when we'll probably own all this material when Turner/EPE decide upon the deluxe DVD project? Surely, all this material on this DVD will be included on the official movie DVD project?

What do you say guys - a dodgy deal?

NEA.
    Last edited by NEA; 07-29-2005 at 06:13 PM.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

My guess is that it will be a UK fanclub release at first, but I'm also pretty sure that once on the market, the DVD will find it's way to the fans thru other channels as well, don't you think?

Sonny

Market

Yes you're probably right about that aspect, Sonny...I mean look at the British Fan Club's DVD/Video project with 'Elvis Unlimited' entitled "Return To Splendour"...I think that was first released to video in the early 90's and was probably only available through the British Fan Club at the time, so I am wondering if Mr. Slaughter pulled the same kind of membership stunt back then?...Hmmmm....

"Return To Splendour" DVD is now available through 'Elvis Information Network' in Australia and also the UK's 'Essential Elvis' magazine...it was possibly available through 'Amazon' too - or maybe still is?

nea

im a member of the fan club, very rarely do i purchase anything from them,you can normally get the same thing at a less cost at such places as,essential elvis and 'elvis the man and his music',

ive had this flyer for about 3 weeks and it says,YOU HAVE JUST ONE CHANCE TO ORDER YOUR COPY, all orders must be placed by 1ST SEPTEMBER.

ive waited because ive had my fingers burnt before off these type of groups.

i didnt even know that there might be no sound
    ill think ill wait and see.

p.s thanks for the info
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Ditto Geordie!

Geordie,

I'm in there with you, big man!

Best not to part with our money until the time is right to do so - that is when you don't have to pay a Fan Club fee before purchase!

I've got to say that the OEPFC/Elvis Unlimited Video/DVD entitled "Return To Splendour" is a welcome addition to anyone's collection even though there is no sound with the material - but the accompanying commentary is good and very informative. I am really proud to own this DVD because of the rarity of the footage involved and anyone considering purchasing it shouldn't hesitate.

I don't know why the British Fan Club have to get so stroppy about fans having to be a member of their club before a purchase can be contemplated regarding "The Making of Elvis On Tour" DVD...

Sheer greed and power-crazy if you ask moi!!

Cadillac King
    Till the internet came into full bloom for many fans - including myself -the OEPFC was the one reliable source for Elvis information and ordering Elvis material from the Heanor Record Centre which apparently is the organisation controlling the club. Back then it was really " Official" with the blessing of Graceland / EPE.

Todd is the "Great President " (much like Kim Il Sung of Korea) with his son appointed to take over from him. Slowly it began to dawn on many that the official club had no elections and no public accounting of the money from subscription or the many projects -like the orgainsed tours to Memphis etc.

The club has offered questionable projects projects before and the latest being the "Making of EOT"

Scam after Scam after....

Well, it certainly opens one's eyes wider hearing about all this...the 'Elvis Business' can turn out to be quite a sordid little affair eh?

Nah, I've decided I'm not going to spend ?35 to purchase "The Making of..." DVD through the Brits Fan Club...I have every confidence this project will become more readily available in time...most probably even before we get the Official 'Turner/EPE' Special Deluxe Edition of the movie!

Cheers,

NEA.

Latest News

Well, it looks like everybody will be keeping their hard-earned cash in their pockets for the time being, and the British Fan Club will not be earning anymore new members through this project...

See thread "The Making of Elvis On Tour" OFF Ebay!

Cool Fan Club Scam

I know about this release . i have spoken to the fan club and they have said the same thing to me which i disagree with.-
    yu have to be a fan club member to purchase the dvd .- i strongly disagree with this . u should be able to get this from anywhere . i seriously will not be getting this from O.E.P. F. C . FROM G.B.
    THE speculation is when i spoke to the gentleman was that he is awaiting for stocks to get in and u have to be a full pledge member to receive this for 20.00 gbp.
    be fair . let all of us fans, get the new dvd ,for a good price and enjoy it . -we are all waiting for this release for many years . , and not join the club to get this dvd release .

what dya fellow fans think-?-
    let me know .,-
    Last edited by karlos; 08-01-2005 at 06:25 AM. Reason: mistake

No Worries

Hi Karlos,

No worries mate - the scam is all over!

Check out the thread "The Making of Elvis On Tour OFF Ebay!"

Cheers,

NEA.

Wink Fan Club Scam -

THANX FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT THIS - i hope we do not wait2 long for this great concert movie .- it makes me and us fans so sick to think that we will after all see this movie like it was with all the extra footage and concert footage .-
    thank u so much for the info.-

if i hear any different in future i will let u guys know , on what i have found out .- pl. keep me updated as well.-

Wink The Scam Of Eot

Having been a big fan of Elvis for many years i was surprised at first to see the movie - Elvis On TOUR ( 1972 ) being released on dvd with all the extra footage that was not on the official video release .
    This was very exciting to hear . Then I read the article on the web and contacted the person who was getting the dvd .
    I was somewhat stunned to hear that you had to be a member of club to get this dvd and that he was getting it from another source . This cannot be so- i thought and made more enquiries on this issue .
    if i had to get this fromthe club i had to spend 35.00 gbp just to get this . its outrageous to think that such a person can do this to fellow fans .
    i decided not to get it from this person that i spoke to on telephone .

The dvd should be available to all fellow fans ofElvis and not to OEPFC -( GB) members only .-

FELLOW FANS - TAKE NOTE .-
    PL. DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED CASH ON THIS DVD YET - KEEP YOUR CASH-
    WE WILL SEE WHERE WE CAN GET THIS FROM IN TIME .-
    LETS BE PATIENT FOR A WHILE ANYWAY -

i SERIOUSLY WILL NOT GET THE DVD FROM O.E.P.F.C.(GB)

As you can see, Karlos, I have merged your thread with the already existing EOT Fanclub thread.

Sonny