Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: The song - Fever

  1. #1
    Coming On Strong iloveelvis05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90

    The song - Fever

    Hey...I was just wondering...what does everyone think of the song "Fever"?? I don't know about ya'll but I absolutely LOVE it!!! It's one of my favorite songs now. I just bought the Aloha from Hawaii DVD about a month ago and he performs that song on it. That was the first time for me to hear it. It was great!!! The way he shook his body and stomped his leg on parts of the song was so seductive! Hehe, I giggled the entire time with excitement!

    "Fever" is from this album...


    And of course, also from this album...
    Last edited by iloveelvis05; 10-14-2005 at 09:59 AM.
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

    "Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

    Visit my website dedicated to the King!

    http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

  2. #2
    International Level NEA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    626

    So Feverish!

    Hi there,

    Yes, Elvis' version of the classic 'Fever' is a musical masterpiece in itself. I too first heard The King's live version via the 'Aloha' show but this was on a tape recording I had received just after Elvis died. Soon after I got hold of a copy of the UK Double album 'Elvis' 40 Greatest' and became an immediate fan of his studio version from 1960. Then, later on, I bought the original LP that it was taken from - 'Elvis Is Back!'

    Have you purchased the new upgraded CD of 'E.I.B.' from the Follow That Dream Label? There's some great out-takes of the song on this one!

    Cheers,

    NEA.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

    "If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

  3. #3
    Coming On Strong iloveelvis05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by NEA
    Hi there,

    Yes, Elvis' version of the classic 'Fever' is a musical masterpiece in itself. I too first heard The King's live version via the 'Aloha' show but this was on a tape recording I had received just after Elvis died. Soon after I got hold of a copy of the UK Double album 'Elvis' 40 Greatest' and became an immediate fan of his studio version from 1960. Then, later on, I bought the original LP that it was taken from - 'Elvis Is Back!'

    Have you purchased the new upgraded CD of 'E.I.B.' from the Follow That Dream Label? There's some great out-takes of the song on this one!

    Cheers,

    NEA.
    No I haven't bought that CD yet. Thanks for the comments!
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

    "Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

    Visit my website dedicated to the King!

    http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

  4. #4
    Backstage Pass cutiepie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    196
    "Fever" is a good companion to "Such a Night", also from the same album! I love how both songs "sizzle"!!

  5. #5
    From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    where Kentucky Rain falls
    Posts
    5,175
    Fever was on my first Elvis CD, Pure Gold. The songs on that CD have remained sentimental favorites of mine.

    I strongly recommend you hunt down a CD or mp3 of one of Elvis' many performances of Fever from 1974 in which he does the following:

    "...I light up when you call my name--ELLLLLVISSSSS!"--mocking a female fan's scream. It never ceases to crack me up.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

  6. #6
    Backstage Pass michu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveelvis05
    Hey...I was just wondering...what does everyone think of the song "Fever"?? I don't know about ya'll but I absolutely LOVE it!!! It's one of my favorite songs now. I just bought the Aloha from Hawaii DVD about a month ago and he performs that song on it. That was the first time for me to hear it. It was great!!! The way he shook his body and stomped his leg on parts of the song was so seductive! Hehe, I giggled the entire time at excitement!

    "Fever" is from this album...


    And of course, also from this album...
    I like it, though its not my favorite.
    Destination deals the cards we're just playing.

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,207
    gaaaah!! that song is pure sexiness

  8. #8
    Coming On Strong iloveelvis05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    Fever was on my first Elvis CD, Pure Gold. The songs on that CD have remained sentimental favorites of mine.

    I strongly recommend you hunt down a CD or mp3 of one of Elvis' many performances of Fever from 1974 in which he does the following:

    "...I light up when you call my name--ELLLLLVISSSSS!"--mocking a female fan's scream. It never ceases to crack me up.
    Hehehehe! I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the comment.
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

    "Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

    Visit my website dedicated to the King!

    http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia P.S. Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,055
    Love the song espacially the version on the Essential Elvis cd no. 6

  10. #10
    Backstage Pass Geert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    107

    Fantastic

    I only know the 60's studio and Aloha version of this song. I prefer the Aloha version, there's just so much more enthusiasm (wich I think this song really needs) in it. On cd it allready sounds great but if you have the video-footage from the dvd with it, how he "plays' with the audience: just fantastic!

  11. #11
    Coming On Strong iloveelvis05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert
    I only know the 60's studio and Aloha version of this song. I prefer the Aloha version, there's just so much more enthusiasm (wich I think this song really needs) in it. On cd it allready sounds great but if you have the video-footage from the dvd with it, how he "plays' with the audience: just fantastic!
    Oh my gosh!!! I feel the same way! I LOVE the Aloha version of "Fever"!!! It's great! I love the way he'll shimmy or pump his body or stomp his legs on those specific beats of the song. When I saw the Aloha version for the 1st time, I giggled through the entire song...I was so excited and turned-on at the same time! Hehe!
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

    "Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

    Visit my website dedicated to the King!

    http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

  12. #12
    Elvis 56's Lady Wendy56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveelvis05
    ... Aloha from Hawaii... he performs that song on it. The way he shook his body and stomped his leg on parts of the song was so seductive! Hehe, I giggled the entire time at excitement!
    I agree with you. The Aloha From Hawaii version is great, so sexy! The 60s version has a special charm too: Elvis' voice make the lyrics sound so much better, that's really good.

    I know, and also like, the Peggy Lee's version of this song ("Fever"), don't remember the date of this one, but maybe you like it if you listen to it... By the way, please if you find information about it, let me know. The next link could be interesting for you:

    http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=3496

    I do love the song... Elvis sings it better than anybody!
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

    http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/


    "You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

    Wendy

  13. #13
    Coming On Strong iloveelvis05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    90
    Interesting link...thanks for showing it to me.
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

    "Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

    Visit my website dedicated to the King!

    http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

  14. #14
    Elvis 56's Lady Wendy56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,741
    You're welcome... It's an interesting link, even though has not too much information about the song ("Fever"). Good you did enjoy it.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

    http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/


    "You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

    Wendy

Similar Threads

  1. Most vocally challenging song (or note in a song) for Elvis?
    By paultoronto in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 01:21 PM
  2. Spring Fever
    By BJBAmerica in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 10:15 AM
  3. Fever Pitch
    By BJBAmerica in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 07:51 PM
  4. Las Vegas Fever Vol.2
    By Sonny in forum Import CD's (information and reviews)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 06:50 AM
  5. Fever Pitch
    By Sonny in forum Import CD's (information and reviews)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •