Thread: Redesigned Look of Elvis.com

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Redesigned Look of Elvis.com

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering what other fans thought of the recent redesign of the official Elvis.com website??

I just came from their site, and I have to say that it is definitely more colorful, which is a good thing in my opinion! Much more flashy and bold....two words that are commonly associated with Elvis, thus fitting in nicely with the new look of the website!

I found the overall navigation to be a bit easier as well, with the main sections listed across the top of the page with "drop down menus" when you point to one of the main sections.

One thing that I did find a little annoying is the "welcome" message at the bottom of the main page....contained within the message are links to various other pages (such as Heartbreak Hotel, the Wedding Chapel, Games and Screen Savers, etc.) which make the whole thing look too cluttered, in my opinion.

Overall, I have to give the new design of Elvis.com a thumbs-up! It is a refreshing new look which I think goes very well with Elvis' whole persona!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    A refreshing change which has been overdue for some time, it now has a look which brings it up to date, my only snag is that is can be a little confusing at times.

Matt

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    I couldn't agree more Matt!! Updating the website was definitely LONG overdue, but I think they did a good job overall!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I really like the brighter colors more than the black. It's a good improvement!

TCB Mafia
    it's alot better. easier to find my way around on there now. it was kinda confusing before

I dont like it, i like the old site layout!!!

new official Elvis.com site

I like the old one better too.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I don't think I like the new designed Elvis.com. I liked how the old one was darker with its blacks and blues and such. This one looks a little too springy for me.
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

"Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

Visit my website dedicated to the King!

http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76
    Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering what other fans thought of the recent redesign of the official Elvis.com website??

I just came from their site, and I have to say that it is definitely more colorful, which is a good thing in my opinion! Much more flashy and bold....two words that are commonly associated with Elvis, thus fitting in nicely with the new look of the website!

I found the overall navigation to be a bit easier as well, with the main sections listed across the top of the page with "drop down menus" when you point to one of the main sections.

One thing that I did find a little annoying is the "welcome" message at the bottom of the main page....contained within the message are links to various other pages (such as Heartbreak Hotel, the Wedding Chapel, Games and Screen Savers, etc.) which make the whole thing look too cluttered, in my opinion.

Overall, I have to give the new design of Elvis.com a thumbs-up! It is a refreshing new look which I think goes very well with Elvis' whole persona!

TCB!
    Mike
    Well...frankly I do not like this new design. The old one was better...much better for me!
    Destination deals the cards we're just playing.

Looks fine to me

At first I did not like it,but I've started to get use to it.

It's also easier to navigate

Roustabouts

Smile

Looks Great
    BEFORE ELVIS THERE WAS NOTHING
    PROUD ELVIS COLLECTORS CLUB MEMBER SINCE 1997

I'm glad they changed it, like said before, it became boring

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzylilkisses
    I dont like it, i like the old site layout!!!
    The "old style" was really cool... Elegant, I guess. I liked that a bit more. The "new" layout has so many colors... But that white part make it looks common. I mean, there are other websites designed like this (I think so... I hope don't get wrong), is a kind of non original style.

Maybe a change to the old style (but keeping that line) would have been better for me... Anyway... It's an Elvis site (!)... and that's the most important.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Backstage Pass
    I like it a lot...