Thread: FTDs

Backstage Pass

FTDs

Is It's Midnight and Tucson 76 worth buying

Concert Fan

Hi Glenn,

I would say 'Yes' if you are a concert fan - soundboard, audience recording, or whatever, it doesn't matter so if you prefer Elvis in his final era then I think that every concert holds something in store for you. Obviously you'll like some more than others.

I prefer 'It's Midnight' to 'Tucson 76' and that is due to the varied song selection of this FTD release. Plus, it's always great to hear Elvis' live rendition of the title track. But, 'Tucson 76' does hold a nice wee jewel in the guise of 'Danny Boy' - worth the price of the CD alone.

Cheers,

NEA.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Both CD's should eventually make their way into your Elvis CD library Glenn....but if you had to choose which one to purchase first, I would suggest IT'S MIDNIGHT!!

While the sound quality of IT'S MIDNIGHT is a little inferior to TUCSON '76, the overall show itself is better, in my opinion. Elvis does seem to be quite chatty between songs on IT'S MIDNIGHT, but his voice is quite strong and he really seems to be enjoying himself on stage throughout the whole CD!!

While I have to agree that DANNY BOY is indeed worth the "price of admission" (so to speak) on TUCSON '76, there are moments where Elvis' voice sounds a bit tired or weak to me, as well as spots where he doesn't seem to be "into the show", if you will....but then again, 1976 was one of the busiest years for Elvis in terms of concert touring, and it is easy to understand how his voice could sound a bit stressed!!

Hope this helps you out a bit Glenn.....I definitely think you should acquire both of these CD's, but in my opinion, I think you will enjoy IT'S MIDNIGHT a little more.

TCB!
    Mike

P.S. I would be interested to hear from you when you have a chance to listen to both of these CD's, to see which one you prefer!!

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!