Thread: Tell us why Elvis is special for you : )

Smile Tell us why Elvis is special for you : )

I'd like to invite you to tell the world what Elvis means to you. Come on, let's show why he is our special man!

Elvis means to me one of the most beautiful blessings I ever had. I love his sweet voice, the kindness of his soul... just everything.

Wendy
    Forever for Elvis Fan Club M?xico

Cadillac King
    hmm i can't give one reason why Elvis is special to me, but there are so many, his voice, his charisma, hmm maybe its his charisma, you are just drawn to him even through a song. the way he sings a song like 'suspicious minds' is so passionate. i still remember being 12 years old when the number 1 hits came out, and slapping it on my cd every day until i got sick of it really, but i can still remember the strange sensation that the songs gave me, it was something i never heard before.
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

Quote Originally Posted by elvisdownunder
    hmm i can't give one reason why Elvis is special to me, but there are so many, his voice, his charisma, hmm maybe its his charisma, you are just drawn to him even through a song. the way he sings a song like 'suspicious minds' is so passionate. i still remember being 12 years old when the number 1 hits came out, and slapping it on my cd every day until i got sick of it really, but i can still remember the strange sensation that the songs gave me, it was something i never heard before.
    I agree with you! In one word I would say CHARISMA. This unbelieveable voice!!!
    Destination deals the cards we're just playing.

Oh my gosh...I can't begin to explain why Elvis is SO special to me. He's my passion, my obsession, he's my "everything"! I love him so much!!! I've been a fan since I was 11 years old, well...I've always been a fan, but that's when my OBSESSION began, hehe! I love absolutely everything about the King! He's wonderful. I love his movies, music, dancing, style, good-looks, devotion to his fans, devotion to his faith, and his legacy. He's indescribable!!! He's the man of my dreams. Gosh...I could go on forever! But I'd better stop. He's my "hunka hunka burning love"!!! FOREVER!
    http://i5.tinypic.com/14jcahe.jpg

"Man, I was tame compared to what they do now. Are you kidding? I didn't do anything but just jiggle." --Elvis in 1972

Visit my website dedicated to the King!

http://www.geocities.com/iloveelvis0...withelvis.html

Elvis is special to me for many reasons. He was so giving to others and he was so dedicated to his work and his fans. His voice and charisma. Elvis was so compassionate and loving. I can't even begin to imagine what if would have been like to have been loved and cared for by him. He was just an awesome human being!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    He has given (and still gives) me so many great moments, from listening to his albums to watching his movies. There's always some part of his carreer or recordings that fit your mood.

The image and voice are unsurpassed. Even as a straight male, I never get tired of looking at pictures of Elvis and feel he wipes the floor with any "heart throb" in the public eye today - and then! As for the voice...? Where to begin? So versatile, so profound, so expressive, so melodious. The complete package.

For me everything about him is special and magic..
    But most of all,he's really the only one who touches my soul
    with that soft & sweet voice,no other artist gives me that peaceful feeling..
    Elvis is truly my one and only religion..
    Last edited by SANDRA; 07-11-2005 at 10:57 PM.

He's been special to me since I was 11 years old and heard the entire "On Stage" album (which had just been released in 1970) while shopping at our Woolworths. It's funny, I remember that day like it was yesterday. His attributes were so incredible, yet he never came across as arrogant. His voice is one of a kind as were his live performances which were and to this day, beyond compare. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him, or listen to a song, or visit great sites such as this. Like most Elvis fans, he truly is a part of everyday life, such is the effect this man left on so many people, including yours truly.

So many things!

Hi there,

There are so many things that make Elvis so special to me - Voice, Music, Looks, Fashion, Style - he was/is everything to do with popular culture...whether he was wearing a pink shirt in the 1950's or an onstage Jumpsuit from the 1970's he is the ultimate trendsetter before his time.

There is always going to be something in his passion that will connect with your passion - It's magical!

Cheers for reading,

NEA.

The light of my life

All of You have explained your feelings for elvis so beautifully and complete that there is nothing left for me to add. I share your feelings for elvis, I admire his great passionate ,crushed velvet vioce that touches my very soul, his great goodlooks has a special charisma which has been unique till now, his sweet smile, tender kind heart, his warmness for people specially his fans.
    But I,d like toadd something more: he has been my great companion in some special moments which you might have never experienced.
    When I was just 13, my city was under heavy bombings, alone at home for some reasons, Iwas studying that suddenly there was a terrible bombing sound!!We were under bomb raids again! scared to death, alone , nowhere to go.I just decided to listen to elvis, when he began to sing" A bridge over troubled water" I was strongly impressed, hearing his soothing voice:
    When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all
    I,m on your site, oh, when times get rough,
    And friends just can,t be found
    Like a bridge over troubled water
    I will lay me down

Elvis has got just that special ability that when he sings , he makes you feel that he is just singing for you, he is so sincere that touches your very soul, he makes you believe he means every word for you!!
    I,ve got some very dear friends through him that help me to know and love this great human being better and deeper. He is the light of my life.
    Last edited by mistymorning; 07-03-2005 at 12:38 AM.

YOU'RE COMPLETLY RIGHT Mistymorning. I AGREE WITH YOU SPECIALLY IN THIS: "HE'S THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE".

By the way, thanks for you reply.
    Last edited by Wendy56; 07-03-2005 at 01:13 AM.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Talking

I find Elvis special because of the kindness and generousity, he cared so much for others and spread so much love and happiness and he never stopped giving! ...what a wonderful/beautiful human being he was
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AlohaR-2.jpg  
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

Cadillac King
    There are many reasons why I like Elvis and his music, the obvious reasons are all stated above, but there is another one that makes him so special to me. Because of Elvis, I have made some great friends, people I wouldn't have ever met or have the opportunity to meet in the future.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Cadillac King
    what a great reply misty morning! hope u are ok now

Elvis calmed u that much? that is just beautiful
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

Quote Originally Posted by elvisdownunder
    what a great reply misty morning! hope u are ok now

Elvis calmed u that much? that is just beautiful

Ohhh! yes and much more!! I even learned english because of him!! I wanted soooo much to know what he says in his songs!!

He has been my companion in every stage of my life!1 All throgh hardships, rough times, losing a dear one, happiness, loneliness,......
    Even when I,m blue and in no good mood I just drive while listening to elvis , he calms me with his great voice!!
    Thanks for your reply!! have a nice elvis day!!!

Cadillac King
    Like many others I can't really explain why he is so special to me, but I try. I only remember that from the first time I heard his voice it was as if lightning had stroke me and I was immediately in love with him. (I know it sounds silly.) Therefor I wanted to know more about him. The more I got involved with him and his life it felt as if he was kinda like my soulmate. As if I knew him for years and I could understand him in many ways. Maybe it was a combination of things, like: his voice, his charme, his carisma, his mysterious way of life and I can relate to many songs that Elvis sings. It doesn't matter where I am, but whenever I hear Elvis I get shivers and can't focus anymore. I wished I had met him once for real.

Be safe and take care,

Christel (TCE)

Elvis is special for me because.....

He seemed to have a song to fit every mood. He did make you feel like you knew him personally and was dear to you. He was approachable and loving to his fans as few stars were. He was Elvis, he was unique, there will never be another!

Quote Originally Posted by TCE
    I wished I had met him once for real.
    You can see beyond his soul because of his music and sweet voice. I guess people can really know Elvis if they listen with the heart. But you're right, see him personally, would be a dream came true. Who knows, maybe you will have the chance to meet Elvis in heaven!, don't you think? I'm sure of that.

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy