Thread: October FTD News!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

October FTD News!

Just found this news on ElvisNews.com:

The regular quarterly FTD release for October 2005 is a Vegas concert "soundboard" recording from August 1972, with bonus songs. It is tentatively titled "Summer Festival". The date is not for sure yet, but it will be an unreleased show from this Vegas season.

Also coming in October are two more releases in FTD's Classic Albums program, which reissues Elvis albums that are no longer part of RCA Records' mainstream Elvis catalog. FTD is considering several different options, but it looks like these reissues will be one movie soundtrack album and one studio album. These reissues feature original album cover art and great bonus material not part of the original release.

Source: EPE / Updated: Jun 23, 2005

This is definitely exciting news for fans, as I know many have been hoping that FTD would release a show from the Summer '72 Vegas engagement! Personally, I can't wait to see which show FTD chooses to release!!

I wonder if the "Classic Albums" that FTD will choose to release will be the soundtrack to CLAMBAKE and the updated RAISED ON ROCK album?? The last news I heard from FTD was that these 2 albums were being worked on for October....perhaps FTD has changed their minds and will release other albums instead? Has anyone heard any updated information on these "Classic Albums"??
    Just thought I'd share this exciting news with everyone!!
    TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

The 1972 summer festival CD is some great news! But I?m more excited by the possibility of a RAISED ON ROCK update! That would be so great!!!
    Thanks to share my friends!
    "Until we meet again, God bless you and Adios."

Y@NOTE RECORDS 2004

Happy to share the news with you Jeanno!!!

I agree....the possibility of an upgraded RAISED ON ROCK is definitely exciting!!

TCB!
    Mike

This has been on most of the Elvis news websites recently, but for those fans that haven't seen it, I thought I would share the latest October FTD News with everyone...

According to various websites, the ONLY FTD CD that will be released on October 1st is SUMMER FESTIVAL '72 which will contain Elvis' dinner show in Las Vegas on 8/11/72. The tracklisting is as follows:

SUMMER FESTIVAL '72
    Also Sprach Zarathustra/See See Rider
    I Got a Woman/ Amen
    Until It's Time for You to Go
    You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
    You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'
    Polk Salad Annie
    What Now My Love
    Fever
    Love Me
    Blue Suede Shoes
    One Night
    All Shook Up
    Teddy Bear/ Don't Be Cruel
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Hound Dog
    Love Me Tender
    Suspicious Minds
    Introductions
    My Way
    An American Trilogy
    Can't Help Falling in Love

Bonus tracks:
    Little Sister/ Get Back (August 11, 1972 M.S.)

It's Over (August 11, 1972 M.S.)
    Proud Mary (August 12, 1972 M.S.)
    Never Been to Spain (August 12, 1972 M.S.)
    For the Good Times (August 12, 1972 M.S.)
    A Big Hunk o' Love (August 12, 1972 M.S.)
    Tiger Man (opening only) (August 12, 1972 M.S.)

Originally, there were plans for upgraded versions of the classic Elvis albums SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY and the soundtrack to LOVING YOU to also be released on October 1st. These albums are on hold (no release date has been announced) due to Ernst Jorgensen's recent illness and subsequent recovery.

TCB!
    Mike

Summer Festival '72

I can't wait to purchase this FTD release next month - I'm really looking forward to it!

There appears to be some great bonus tracks on there too, which is...well...er...a bonus!

I think this will be the first official live version of "My Way" from 1972 - does anybody know if this was the start of Elvis performing this song live?

Rumour has it that this particular dinner show from August 11th has been released on import as "Blazing Into The Darkness"...any truth on this one?

Nevertheless, it is going to be a most welcome release on the FTD Label.

Cheers,

NEA.
    "I oughta break you in half!"...

"If you do, you'll have two very short friends!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76
    TCB!
    Mike
    Well, thank you! And with all your good comments... I guess I'll buy this CD immediately!!!
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by NEA
    Rumour has it that this particular dinner show from August 11th has been released on import as "Blazing Into The Darkness"...any truth on this one?
    According to various sources, the import CD BLAZING INTO THE DARKNESS is incorrectly dated!! The CD does say that the show is the dinner show from August 11th, but in fact, the CD actually conatins the dinner show from August 12th!!!

So SUMMER FESTIVAL '72 is the REAL dinner show from August 11th, which I don't believe has ever been issued on import CD before.

TCB!
    Mike

Cadillac King

October

The August 1972 CD sounds really good. I look forward to it. However, a "Raised on Rock" re-release by FTD would be very exciting.

IM

Well as of now IM, it appears that the RAISED ON ROCK upgrade is on hold. Originally, upgraded versions of the LOVING YOU soundtrack and the SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY album were supposed to be released in October along with the SUMMER FESTIVAL CD. But, because Ernst is still recovering from an illness this past summer, those albums were put on hold for now.

But I would imagine we'll be seeing the upgraded RAISED ON ROCK CD early in 2006, since that was one of the albums that Ernst mentioned he was working on earlier this year in one of his interviews.

I am also anxiously awaiting the RAISED ON ROCK upgrade too!!!

TCB!
    Mike