Thread: Seeking advice re pics from Elvis' Movie Fight Scenes

Roustabouts

Cool Seeking advice re pics from Elvis' Movie Fight Scenes

Although a 30 year plus fan of Elvis, I am relatively new to the Elvis internet World.

Inspired by Elvis' 2005 induction into the Karate Hall of Fame, I am putting together (or at least trying to) an electronic collection of Elvis hand to hand combat pics. While 70's karate pics have proven easy to obtain, I have been unable to find even one electronic pic of an Elvis movie fight scene.

Any help anyone can give me about where I could find such pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grantster

Talking

I'm not so sure I know what your talking about? If you want the actual fight scenes your probably going to have to get them off the DVD using a computer.

I think I just noticed that in every movie, Elvis has atleast 2 fight scenes! Really cool!

~Lisa
    "Somebody does somethin' stupid, that's human.
    They don't stop when they see it's wrong, that's a fool."
    - Elvis Presley
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rock/19086.jpg
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!
    apparently -- i was born in the WRONG era!

Roustabouts

Found one plus reply to Lisa

Thanks for taking the time to post me Lisa. You might be right that the DVD computer option may be my only way to really get what I'm after. You would think though that with just about every film having at least one fight scene (I can't recall one in Viva Las Vegas) there would be at least a couple of movie stills of Elvis in action floating around in cyber world.

Since my last post I have found one from Kid Galahad (see below) and a particularly cool shot of Elvis and Ali that I thought I would share for those who may not have seen them before.

Grantster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elvis vs Ali.jpg   Kid Galahad.jpg  

The gallery at the "Sockin' Swingin' Girls & Singin'" site has a bunch of screencaps from many of the movies:

http://elvis.fan-sites.org/gallery/

They might not have the fight scenes though, plus the images are distorted. You'd need to find out what aspect ratio each movie was shot in and resize the images accordingly.

I've got Girls! Girls! Girls!, if you'd like I could take screencaps of Elvis' fight with Jeremy Slate's character for you.

Roustabouts

Thumbs up Thanks Socko

Socko

Thanks for your kind offer re the screen caps for Girls, Girls Girls - that would be great. Unfortunately my computer is fairly old and does not have a DVD Rom so I I am a bit limited in terms of what I can do. In the meantime I will check out the website you suggested.

Again, thanks heaps.

Grantster

(Pic below - Elvis in battle in Loving You)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elvis in Battle - Loving You.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Grantster
    Socko

Thanks for your kind offer re the screen caps for Girls, Girls Girls - that would be great.
    Socko? Anyway... I made the screencaps, I'll send you a PM.