Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raised On Rock

Raised On Rock

After some time making custom or dvd covers....ifinally did get back to re-designing original album(s), here is the raised on rock cover, hope you like it so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ROR-PREVIEW.JPG  
    Last edited by mn-designs; 06-10-2005 at 07:22 AM.

Great work Patrick, except that you spelled one of the songs wrong. The song For ol' times sake is spelled For old times sale. Other than that mistake I think you did great!!!
    "Taking Care Of Business In A Flash!"

Backstage Pass
    Fine design, Patrick.

I like the way you positioned the track list. That's unusual and original.

As Ron had pointed out earlier with reference to another design of yours,
    the line breaks in the liner notes seem to a bit erratic. The text would look better if the lines had the same lenght, at least approximately.

And one minor correction: to wrench is spelled without "t".

If you improve the quality of the front pic, this will be a very fine design that would revivfy the original album.

Thank you both! yes i saw the spelling mistakes...after i uploaded this preview...
    About the text...in the program i use there is only one way to put the text in, that's outlined from the left...so if i try to make every line the same lenght..that's almost impossible. But glad you like the preview so far.

after a complete evening of work is here the back cover for this cd...hope you like it, it's totally different than the designs a normally do...so don't be to hard on me...
    PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS COVER IS 75% OF HIS ORIGINAL QUALITY!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ROR-BACK-PREVIEW.JPG  
    Last edited by mn-designs; 06-10-2005 at 03:31 PM.

The Disc Cover..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ROR-DISC.JPG  

Raised on rock Alternate cover!!

Woow!! great!! cover..great work!!

Ricardo
    Lima-Peru

I like it!!!
    "Taking Care Of Business In A Flash!"

Thank you both! glad you like it so far, i'm hoping (when my real work doesn't eat up all my time) to finish this cover pretty soon.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    Well, It looks very familiar to some other design on this board Patrick........then again you atleast changed the layout colours to red. (unlike some other person on another forum )
    Which cover?
    Which forum?

Ron, i think that you are refering to your live at omni cover? i think mine doesn't looks that familair to your cover a spend more than a week on this one, and this cover of mine is something completly different than the designs that i normally do. As i said so many times before that you and spinout and some new comers are my insparation for my covers and i'm learning every day something new, and that it is very diffecult for me to make some fancy designs with my program, just have to create all things myself ( altough i didn't that all the time in the past, and learned from that also). Even the simple rounds i can't make in this program so i have to create rounds with the airbrush or pencil...
    But i love to do it and for me it makes my covers more special that way and for some people it's maybe just to simple cover or something, but at the end ...i have to like it and it's nice if other people like them so much that they want to print it. And as you can notice not all/most my preview covers are for download, cause they are not at the same level as yours, i only upload the covers that i'm sure off that they are good enough to share with you guys. And you are one of those guys who i learned a lot from over the 2 years, when we started this board, and i hope that i improved my designing skills over those 2 years, but thats for you guys to judge.

MMMM let me see, Oh yes I remember now Ron you where banned from the kingscourt because you believe every single new cover design has been stolen from you and although I do like your covers too be honest they are not that special some of the new people posting their OWN work in my eyes is much better, you believe that yours are that good they must be stealing your ideas, sorry to dissapoint you but others have ideas also

yeah my covers are cool these days! no only kidding. Thx Ron for your honest reaction(s), they mean a lot to me.
    And Batman.....
    I think Ron's covers are always at the same high standards! what not can be said for most of us, we have some good ones but also some lesser ones. And Ron has always came up with some great new layouts and has the guts to do someting new. He also is very honest with his reactions on other designs from other designers, that's the thing i like very much. You just don't learn a thing from: yeah great looking cover or yes i like this. He always tries to tell you what can improve to make your cover better than it allready is.
    So the only thing i can say is: if you don'tlike his designs or his reactions, don't look at themand don't read them, i that way this board stays at friendly as it is, thank you.
    Maybe even better stick to that other board that ron mentioned, than we all be happy.
    So that's off chest.
    Have a good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    Well, It looks very familiar to some other design on this board Patrick........then again you atleast changed the layout colours to red. (unlike some other person on another forum )
    you say you dont say people steal idea then explain why you said tis is very familiar to other designs is that not a polite way of saying it is a copy ????????

because this was Patricks answer he seemed to think the same as i did

Ron, i think that you are refering to your live at omni cover? i think mine doesn't looks that familair to your cover a spend more than a week on this one, and this cover of mine is something completly different than the designs that i normally do.

Yes you are banned from thekingscourt.co.uk too be honest I would have banned you when you made your first post but Chris said no, he was willing to give you the benefit you where banned not for your opinion but where banned for accussing a fellow designer of stealing your ideas like you do on this board

Ok guys, enough talking about other things, let's go back to the subject of this thread, the cover for Raised On Rock, here is the final front cover! hope you like it

Thx Ron, that front picture took a lot of time to restore, the original picture was so dark and skin colour was almost orange, so had to restore that. What i did was to reduce the darkness, so i lightned up the picture, and made this picture b/w. Than in the next layer the b/w pic and that one i colourized, and this picture on the cover is that restored picture. So i hope that i improved the picture. And yes you are right about the inlay cover, i'm not that happy with that also, but give me a few days and it will be improved, i have a new program from databecker with has some nice text tools en some very nice other tools, now i have to learn that .... program a little

So here is finally the finished front cover for: Raised On Rock. Just overlooked the text functions in my new program, finally can add text in a newspaper style, so i hope you all like this cover!
    Note: still have to do some editing, some small border form the picture is running trhough the text, have to delete that, but now you all have an good idea how the final cover is gonna look like.
    Last edited by mn-designs; 06-14-2005 at 05:39 AM.

Here the complete view for this cover, will be for download soon!

first let me start by saying ,great cover

my only beef with this cover is the pictures.They seem to variey in contrast,lighting etc etc.....i know you cant really help this factor but you could try editing it .Either by playing with hue/saturation ,something just to make the pictures 'link' better......however very good atempt.

off topic:does chris still post here? why is his site no longer under tcb-world?
    ive been away guys,please fill me in????

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I can't believe I let this cover slip by me

Looks fantastic...especially the red borders at the top and bottom, plus the red highlihted track list on the back Even though that guitar shot used on the first version is not up to par quality wise, I like it too
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast