Thread: Coming in Loaded - a very fishy CD

Coming in Loaded - a very fishy CD

Hi everybody!!

Last summer, while still in Sweden I started a project with a fish-themed CD. Elvis did wuite a few of those songs!! But I never finished the design before I went over here to the US... and I never finished while here either. But these last weeks I have been so stressed over everything that needs to happen before my year is over (I quit my nanny work two weeks from now) so I sat down and did my favourite thing, designed.

This is what I ended up with. What do you guys think? Opinions are most welcome!!

//Linda
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coming-in-loaded1.jpg  
    There's so much world to see
    For me, there's so much world to see
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!
    - waiting to see Australia.
    It's that little problem money first!

Hey Linda,

Beautiful cover, great work !

Great photo choices, well balanced composition, attractive colour scheme, what a treat you 'served up' for the forum to 'digest'

To me this is a very classy design, the background is very appealing and seems to create just the right atmosphere. (did you create that background, how about the pictures, did you colourise them yourself ? - if so tremendous work !)

Glad to know you are getting back into designing Little Sister, your contributions are a real asset to the cover art forum and I hope you find time to contribute more in the future.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Backstage Pass
    Nothing to add to Mark's comments, Linda.

Great work! Simple, straight and effective without the usual Photoshop effects.

Quote Originally Posted by spinout-designs
    Glad to know you are getting back into designing Little Sister, your contributions are a real asset to the cover art forum and I hope you find time to contribute more in the future.
    I quote this point in particular, because it cannot be stressed too much.

Danke, merci, gracias, thank you!!

Thank you Ron, Mark and Manhattoe (sorry, don't know your real name) for taking time and review and comment on my work!!

As to your question if I had colored the pictures myself Mark. I coloured the front picture... well actually I just added a shade of beige to the face... wasn't sure what I could do to the shirt and hat as they are supposed to be black. And the back picture was probably originaly a b/w picture that had been colored for some magazine, so I just adjusted the colors to match the design and the front.

The background is party created by me and partly allready there. WHen it came to the back the picture wasn't out of great quality so when blown up the sky looked pixelated, which looks terrible when it comes to a big surface. So I blured it a lot!! Then I picked up the colour and created a sky on the front. So as to your point Ron it shouldn't be different colours, but I will look it up, mayeb I have messed up somehow.

And thank you for the welcome!! I'm not sure if I am such a great asset to the forum, but I too hope I get more time for designing once back in Sweden. Or maybe I will continue to stay away fromthe computer as it has been nice in one way not to be so addicted to it... 'cause that's really what I used to be. Addicted!! We'll see if I can handle it.

Tomorrow I have a four hour drive up to Qubec, Canada to look forward too. Me and my company will probably go to Ben & Jerry's (a big ice cream company in the US) factory in Vermont on our way up - $3 box for the tour and then free sampling!! Should be fun!
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!

Backstage Pass
    In my overall agreement to Ron and Mark, I forgot to remark that the idea for this compilation and, consequently, the tracklist are as good as the cover.
    What about the subtitle Elvis sings for little fishs and grown up sharks too (forget, just kidding).

PS: Can one of the younger users tell an old and hald half-blind man which song hides behind (or rather in front of) tracknumber 4?

LOL The songs are:

CRAWFISH 1
    THANKS TO THE ROLLING SEA 2
    DO THE CLAM 3
    CLAMBAKE 4
    SONG OF THE SHRIMP 5
    WE?RE COMING IN LOADED 6

Are there any more fishy songs that missed?
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!

Great work Linda
    Very nice colours.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    A MOST UNIQUE CONCEPT ALBUM IDEA LINDA!!!!

Very nice artwork and track listing -- I LIKE IT!!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Backstage Pass
    I think one of my favorites would work on this compilation: Sand Castles. I think the quality of this one song shines so far above the rest of the "Paradise Hawaiian Style" tracks that it could have been a Disney movie song. I love the front cover and the fonts you chose. When can a guy download the finished product?

Weeell, well well well well, oomba-oomba-oom-oom... Great, professional design, songs about seafood, Laurel Goodwin in the back picture - what more could you ask for? I'd buy it!

Laurel's hair could maybe use a little bit more red and Stella's hair a little less yellow, but other than that I love the colors! I agree with Deke, where can a cat download this design?

Backstage Pass
    Nice concept and a superb cover!
    I love that sky in the background.
    Will the cover be downloadable in full size?

Thank you all guys for your replies!! I have taken everything into concideration and changed a few things. I hope the final version is to your pleasure. If not... let me know!! I still have access to Photoshop for a few more days. Then I take a plane to Seattle and begin driving with a friend down to Memphis!!

Hmmm... I tried to upload teh cover but it was too big. 570 Kb... Where can I upload it then? I don't really have access to my webspace anymore!
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!

Awsome, thank you Ron!! OK so the design can now be downloaded at http://www.tcb-files.com/covers/542b71c7268c6f.jpg
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!