Thread: Charro on DVD

Charro on DVD

Hi Guys,

I'm very much a fan of this Elvis western as opposed to the 'cotton candy' formulas of his other mid/late 60's movies. I have a dodgy copy of it on DVD from Carat's Hollywood Classic's label and I am enquiring if any fans know any information about this movie being released in better picture and sound quality on DVD in the near future? Plus, who owns the rights to this movie too?

Many Thanks,

NEA.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    There were reports late in 2004 that CHARRO would be released by Warner Home Video on DVD early in 2005 (along with 5 other Elvis titles that still haven't been issued on DVD - KISSIN' COUSINS, TICKLE ME, GIRL HAPPY, STAY AWAY JOE and LIVE A LITTLE, LOVE A LITTLE) in the U.S., but those reports turned out to be premature.

From what I understand of the situation, CHARRO and the other 5 titles will be released on DVD at some point, but the information was leaked out prematurely!

There was also a rumor that the extended version of THIS IS ELVIS was also scheduled to be released on DVD in 2005 by Warner as well, but again, no definite word has been issued -- only speculation!

Hope this helps you out NEA!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I still curse the day I decided to tape that stupid "Elvis Lives" which was on VH1 special instead of "Charro" which was on CMT...I remember saying to myse;f, "Charro will be on again. This Elvis Lives thing won't so tape it." Wouldn't you know I haven't seen one listing for Charro as an upcoming film on TV-Now since then...when time travel is invented I'm going back to that day and kicking myself swiftly upside the head.

Thank you for that little ray of hope, Mike...maybe I'll still get to see it yet.

- Stacy
    We had the chance to fall
    But fate stepped in to end it all
    Before it could begin

Thanx Jungleroom & Circa

Thanx for your replies guys on this subject - Circa I love your avatar designs mate!

Quote Originally Posted by circa1956
    I still curse the day I decided to tape that stupid "Elvis Lives" which was on VH1 special instead of "Charro" which was on CMT...I remember saying to myse;f, "Charro will be on again. This Elvis Lives thing won't so tape it." Wouldn't you know I haven't seen one listing for Charro as an upcoming film on TV-Now since then...when time travel is invented I'm going back to that day and kicking myself swiftly upside the head.

Thank you for that little ray of hope, Mike...maybe I'll still get to see it yet.

- Stacy
    Don't kick yourself too hard Stacy....we've all had things like that happen to us before!!

You are very welcome for the ray of hope....anything I can do to bring a little hope to Elvis fans, whenever possible!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by NEA
    Thanx for your replies guys on this subject - Circa I love your avatar designs mate!
    NO PROBLEM NEA!! ANYTIME I CAN HELP OUT!!

TCB!
    Mike

You thought Elvislives was stupid circa1956? How come? Does anyone else out there feel the same?