Thread: Elvis: The Great Performances

Elvis: The Great Performances

I'm working on this cover for almost a week now...the lay-out is finished, only have to add some text and some details but here is the preview of this dvd, i will make this DVD cover as the US video version, so the 90 minutes video version, i like that version more than the european version..hope you like the cover so far..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails great-preview.JPG  

Thanks Ron, for your very positive reaction on this cover, great to hear that from top notch designer like you i think i like this cover as it is, and i just placed the details on it, so heeis the (for now) the final version...hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails great-preview.jpg  

Thanks Ron! i like this thumbs it looks if Elvis is looking down to his performances through the years , but specially for you i have herethe disc cover without these thumbs...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails great-disc-preview.JPG  
    Last edited by mn-designs; 06-03-2005 at 07:11 AM.

Pretty groovy cover, Patrick, I think your text work on the title really sets it off.

I don't think you need the smaller images on the front, but, I know what you mean about looking down at his performances, and it's your cover so go for it

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Backstage Pass
    I like this cover very much, Patrick, and I think you need some elements on the bottom of the frontcover. If not the pix then some text. Without any elements down there Elvis would just stare into nowhere.

So, as for me, the pix look good where they are now. They do not only add information (as for me, who does not know this release, it says at a glance that Elvis' complete career is covered), but also round the whole thing up.

I have some very minor problems with the backcover. First, I don't like the way the big Elvis pic fades into the background. I do not mean the idea, but the technical execution. Second, the text effect on the The King of Rock'n'Roll is superfluous. I can't discern the pic behind the text, and the text does become a bit illegible this way. Third, the effect of torn paper on the left side does not really fit into your overall design. You expose red satin, gold lam?, flamboyant jumsuits, all that kind of glitter stuff. So why torn paper here? Effect for the effect's sake?

Anyway, great cover, Patrick.

Thx Manhattoe, but on the insert cover...all the pics are actual screen pictures that can be found on the original dvd (it's the dvd menu actually) and ithink it's a pretty cool picture.
    I always think it's a nice touch to include something original on a alt. cover...

I like this very much.
    Great front cover

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    LOOKIN' GREAT PATRICK!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!