Thread: Elvis and Star Wars

Elvis and Star Wars

How do you think Elvis felt about the original Star Wars that came out in 1977? I may be wrong, but didn't he get or try to get a copy of the film before it was released so Lisa Marie could watch it at Graceland. Just thought I would ask. Thanks guys!!!

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I've heard the same, and I imagine he would have eaten that movie up, probably eventually incorporating a light saber into his stage act.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Could you imagine him as Darth Vader!!!

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar

Yeah, that's another thing: we may have seen a return of the capes!
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Yoda is as Yoda does, there's no in between
    He either lives on Dagobah or he's on Tatooine

Sorry...

I think I've heard the same story. Somehow it seems like the kind of movie he would've enjoyed greatly! Then again, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who didn't enjoy the original Star Wars.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Elvis did indeed try to secure a copy of STAR WARS for Lisa Marie shortly before he died, according to various sources.

I am sure Elvis would have loved STAR WARS though....he was a movie buff, and would have probably watched it 100 times and memorized all of the dialogue like he did with all of his favorite movies!

GREAT THOUGHT BOBBY about the incorporation of lightsabers into his concerts! So instead of the "Theme to 2001", Elvis would have walked out on stage to the "Imperial March" (Darth Vader's Theme) wearing a black jumpsuit with a black cape and during the portion of SEE SEE RIDER, where Elvis normally would play guitar, he instead would engage in a lightsaber dual with Charlie! I can see that happening....

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Oh... it would have been the perfect film and film series for him. I'm sure the music alone would have stuck with him.

I think he'd have LOVED Superman: The Movie the following year, too.

Sad that Elvis missed out on so much pop culture that was just around the corner.

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic

Oh... it would have been the perfect film and film series for him. I'm sure the music alone would have stuck with him.

Sad that Elvis missed out on so much pop culture that was just around the corner.
    And the technology! Can you imagine the fun Elvis would have had with the internet?
    "They poisoned you with compromise; At what point did you realize; Everyone loved your life but you...
    ...No one learned from your mistakes; We let our profits go to waste. All that's left, in any case, is Advertising Space"

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic

I agree completely Cryogenic....just think about the things Elvis missed out on, like the explosion of the disco era in the late 70's with the release of SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER....the emergence of such 80's pop stars as Madonna and Michael Jackson...

And as Minni1 said....could you imagine how much fun Elvis could have had with the internet??

All very interesting ideas for sure....it's just sad that we'll never know what Elvis would have thought of all these things!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Backstage Pass
    I would have loved Elvis on a chat site answering our questions!

I believe he watched The Spy Who Loved Me instead of Star Wars on his final cinema visit.
    rick
    rick