Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis On Tour - The Rehearsals (FTD)

Backstage Pass
    Now this is something REALLY different - but it looks absolutely awesome!
    And I'm absolutely stunned by the way you did it and the techniques you used.
    It's fantastic!

Backstage Pass
    Okay, Ron. Thanks again for your detailed response.

I love these discussions which go beyond specific covers.

As for the definition what is "new" or not we already uttered our controversial opinions in the Flaming Star thread, but I am quite sure we will come back to that again at some later opportunity.

Wow!! What a great cover!! VERY different, and it could have bombed. But everything works so weel together, what I think keeps together the design is the fact that it is very welldone. You can tell that a lot of time and effort has gone into every little part of it.

I really like the touch with the coffee stain, I have tried something similar before but didn't manage to pull it off looking realistic so I gave up. They way you did the back was very creative, could have been a fun idea and bad in reality bu tyour skills made it look good. Well I could go on about this design forever, but that would be unneccisary.

I just wanted to give you my 2 cents about the design. I always appreciate it when people are trying to go there own way. Don't ever be afraid to post your designs again... when designers are tryingt o do something different it should always be applauded, wheter the attempt succeeds or not. This time you very well succeded!!

PS. I'm not sure, but was it my "C'mon kids, lets turn of the TV and listen to some good music!"-design (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=4309) you were refering to? If so, I am very flattered and can tell that you really got the feeling of a design I was looking for. Unfortunatly I ran out of time... and I don't think my talents quite stretch as far as yours do.
    There's so much world to see
    For me, there's so much world to see
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!
    - waiting to see Australia.
    It's that little problem money first!

Backstage Pass
    Little Sister, don't you ...

... know how dangerous it is to flatter an old man like me.
    Anyway, thank you very much for your laudatory comments.

And you are perfectly right about your cover as my source of inspiration. That's it!

I didn't find it here, because I was only half-heartedly looking for a non-Elvis cover in this forum. The sellotape stuff and the informal look of your design started it all off. The rest was only a combination of some ideas I had been carrying around me for a while.

Last edited by Manhattoe; 05-30-2005 at 08:13 AM.

This is just so different that it looks darn good.

Well done, Christian
    http://www.tcb-world.com/attachment....&stc=1&thumb=1

ElvisJohn recommends NewJam Radio & NightRider Designs

Roustabouts
    I can imagine that a lot of hard work went into this but the simplicity of the design is brilliant.

I like this very much

Backstage Pass
    Thanks Gerrit, ElvisJohn and Michelle. I am glad that you like it.

However, I am somewhat struck that so many people utter their approval for this design. It is true, that I invested some time in designing this one, but my cover for Enter the Dragon swallowed at least two hours more, because it was much more difficult to realize. Sadly enough, that design passed by almost unnoticed here in comparison to this EOT cover, although it contained some new elements, too.

just looking back over old posts and found this stunning cover!!!!

i love this cover Manhattoe,its a shame people had to compare it to their own covers and do big analysis of what they think inspired you,who cares???

love the original ideas you have inputted into the cover,everything is **** cool .i look forward to seeing more of your covers in the future...

i have to say i found it funny when ron said this: '' The Gray layout basically looks the same as my own '' firstly i didnt realise you can copyright a colour these days plus after comparing the two covers i found not one comparison apart from the fact there elvis covers ,lol!

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by E.L.V.I.S
    just looking back over old posts and found this stunning cover!!!!
    Thanks Aron (or Aaron?), I am glad you like it.

As for all this talk about inspiration andsoforth I really don't mind anybody about pointing to his or her own efforts.

We all get our inspiration from somewhere, but in my view it is wrong to watch out for some superficial similarities like colors, round corners, usage of three instead of two pix etc. pp.

As I wrote above, one of Little Sister's cover inspired me here, although our final products do not have much in common. I think Jeanno made a cover, that bore resemblance to this one here. I really don't mind. Quite the contrary, I feel flattered by it. Jeanno did not copy anything, he only chose a similar approach as a starting point and created something completely different.

In the end, it is the result that counts. Mere inspiration leads top nothing unless it is filled up with all that careful work on details you have to invest into a good cover design.

Quote Originally Posted by E.L.V.I.S
    love the original ideas you have inputted into the cover,everything is **** cool .i look forward to seeing more of your covers in the future...
    Just browse the list here, there are some more covers here that I made in the course of the last months. Thanks for your interest. I hope I can meet your expectations.
    Last edited by Manhattoe; 07-31-2005 at 05:04 AM.

Yes Aron, maybe it it's time that you show us your new work! Your are posting on the other board your new design(s), so why not here? ( the new one there is the first album Elvis did, a remake of that album...) find that a little strange...

Backstage Pass
    Please forgive me asking this silly question, but which board are you talking about? Is there a new one?

Our good old friend Nightrider (Chris)....
    Started his own board....that's the board we were talking about.

Backstage Pass
    Thanks for pointing that out.

I should spend more time on this board.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Our good old friend Nightrider (Chris)....
    Started his own board....that's the board we were talking about.
    So why not tell Gerrit Chris' reason for leaving this board.

If you don't do it, I do it.

Chris was annoyed by continual remarks about "inspiration" and "stealth of ideas", and other types of "discussion" that maginalized design questions for the sake of vanity. (Before anybody feels inclined to instrumentalize my phrase: I am not judging whether the accusations brought fourth against Chris were right or wrong.)

**** guys, Chris is a loss to this board and, personally, I would that he came back. We were all here, and now we have broken apart.

And yet, many postings here still seem to be motivated by irrelevant and silly questions such as "Who is the best designer here?"and "Who owes whom for which idea?". Let's talk about Elvis and cover design issues, and let's forget those trifles.

As you see, I am annoyed myself.

I didn't want to bring the whole subject regarding Chris up again, just informed gerrit about Chris' own forum. And it's a real shame that he is not longer on the tcb-world team! But on the other side...he did work on his board while he was still a moderator here...he could at least inform Albert on this, Albert gave him his webspace, moderator functions here on TCB-world..And if he had some problems with some remarks or who knows what else, he could sorted it out with some PM's to the person he the problems with. And yes..PLEASE let's focus on the covers again, let's discuss the designs!! That's what this board is all about!! And on a final note we were NOT talking about Chris here but about Aron.

That was very nice of you to wait. It was well worth the wait. I think this is great work!! Very different and cool!! Thank you for your hard work. Awesome!!

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Backstage Pass
    Thanks, Tommy.

There is a wide variety of opinions about this cover. Some people don't like, some do.
    I am glad you belong to the latter sort.

Artwork Cover

Yes, thank you for the compliments I love your work Manhattoe!! Are you really 93! Wow that's the same age as my uncle. You're something else!

I look forward to your next project

Take Care,

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast