Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This The New July FTD?

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Is This The New July FTD?

Hi Everyone:

Was browsing around ShopElvis.com and look what I found....

Elvis All Shook Up FTD CD

FOLLOW THAT DREAM is proud to announce this July 2005 release in its ongoing series of ?rare and collectable? Elvis material.

1. Blue Suede Shoes
    (Carl Perkins)
    2. I Got A Woman
    (Ray Charles)
    3. All Shook Up
    (O. Blackwell/E. Presley)
    4. Love Me Tender
    (E. Presley/V. Matson)
    5. Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel
    (Leiber/Stoller) / (Otis Blackwell)
    6. Heartbreak Hotel
    (Axton/Durden/Presley)
    7. Hound Dog
    (Leiber/Stoller)
    8. I Can't Stop Loving You
    (Don Gibson)
    9. Mystery Train / Tiger Man
    (J. Parker/S. Phillips) / (J. H. Louis/S. Burns)
    10. Monologue
    11. Baby What You Want Me To Do
    (Jimmy Reed)
    12. Runaway
    (Crook/Del Shannon)
    13. Are You Lonesome Tonight? (laughing version)
    (Roy Turk/Lou Handman)
    14. Rubberneckin'
    (Dory Jones)
    15. Yesterday / Hey Jude
    (McCartney/Lennon)
    16. Introductions
    17. In The Ghetto
    (Scott Davies)
    18. This Is The Story
    (Arnold/Morrow/Martin)
    19. Suspicious Minds
    (Mark James)
    20. Can't Help Falling In Love
    (Peretti/Creatore/Weiss)

? Produced by: Ernst Mikael J?rgensen & Roger Semon. ? Mastered by: Lene Reidel at Tocano. ? Original A&R: Felton Jarvis ? Original Egineer: Al Pachucki ? Recorded live at the International Hotel, Las Vegas, August 26, 1969, Midnight Show. ? Musicians: ? Guitars: James Burton, John Wilkinson ? Guitar & Vocals: Charlie Hodge ? Bass: Jerry Scheff ? Drums: Ronnie Tutt ? Piano & Organ: Larry Muhoberac ? Vocals: The Sweet Inspirations, Millie Kirkham, The Imperials ? Bobby Morris & His Orchestra ? Country of origin: United States

I hope this is the actual cover they use for this one....I really think it's much better than the usual FTD fare!!

What do you all think???

TCB!
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ELVIS-MSC1ALLSHKUP-001.jpg  

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

International Level
    This is going to be a very nice soundboard from 1969.
    I have been waiteing for this show to come out.
    And now it's going to happend.

And the cd cover on this one is very nice.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Cadillac King
    Jungleroom76, there is another site which has a different picture for the CD cover ...if I remember right it is the Danish site... looked better to me.

Cadillac King
    Curtis: This release is NOT a soundboard. It is a muti track RCA STEREO recording.

This cover is simply fantastic !!!!I can't wait!
    Destination deals the cards we're just playing.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Looks great. I might be imagining this, but I thought I heard this was actually going to be released on the main label.

'RCA' being on the front cover like that would seem to perhaps support that, but why wouldn't it be 'BMG' or 'Sony/BMG' or 'BMG Heritage' or whatever? At any rate, there's no 'FTD' or 'Follow That Dream Records presents' or what not...but probably none of that is of any consequence.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I like the cover!!...I like FTD records!!

RB TCB

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    The cover for the July FTD has that old RCA look to it, which I like very much

It looks like a fine show and ought to sound very well.....looking forward to this one
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Cadillac King

July FTD

I really hope that the cover seen above is the released cover. I am really looking forward to this release. I'm sure this is one CD I will be playing often!

This should be an awesome disc. Who knows... I might finally be able to afford one of these FTD discs soon? (Note: A reference to my present financial situation; not a criticism of the pricing of FTD products).

Interesting how they've chosen to deviate considerably from the artwork of the OTHER '69 recording ("Elvis At The International"). I'm assuming it's intentional - i.e. to put some needed distance between the two.

Backstage Pass
    I like the cover on this one too. And I can't wait for the content; the live '69 material is great. Hope the sound is mastered really good.

I just checked out the latest news on ElvisNews.com and they also have this same artwork posted on their site!!!

I am quite anxious to hear this release!! Especially with such rarities as RUBBERNECKIN' and THIS IS THE STORY included in the show! I know we've already heard these songs on the COLLECTOR'S GOLD set from RCA a few years back, but it will be so cool to hear them in their proper prospective in the show itself!!

Of course, I am also VERY excited to see if FTD does indeed release this CD with this cover art!!! If so, I would have to say this might very well be THE BEST artwork on any FTD release to date!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76
    I know we've already heard these songs on the COLLECTOR'S GOLD set from RCA a few years back...
    We? Speak for yourself! A Fool Such As I passed on Collector's Gold whenever it came out because it looked like nothing special. I don't recall anything on that back cover which noted that all those songs were outtakes and live '69 rarities, but maybe there was. Obviously I was kicking myself when I finally got the scoop on that set years later, and I never did get around to obtaining a copy--nor have I heard those tracks.

So I am particularly looking forward to this release, mainly for those two songs. I'd say that even if I hadn't missed out on them years earlier; they are by far the most interesting tracks on the whole show (based on the titles anyway). Well, I must acknowledge the laughing version of Are You Lonesome Tonight?--what a great antidepressant!

Cadillac King
    And better yet, the fantastic 'Today' album (be still my beating heart) to be released at the same time......Lifes good.....
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Cant wait for the new FTD releases, espacially All shook up, great cover, great show, even if I have the collectors gold cd's it will be great to hear the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    We? Speak for yourself! A Fool Such As I passed on Collector's Gold whenever it came out because it looked like nothing special. I don't recall anything on that back cover which noted that all those songs were outtakes and live '69 rarities, but maybe there was. Obviously I was kicking myself when I finally got the scoop on that set years later, and I never did get around to obtaining a copy--nor have I heard those tracks.

So I am particularly looking forward to this release, mainly for those two songs. I'd say that even if I hadn't missed out on them years earlier; they are by far the most interesting tracks on the whole show (based on the titles anyway). Well, I must acknowledge the laughing version of Are You Lonesome Tonight?--what a great antidepressant!
    ACTUALLY BUDDY....

Although I will admit that my memory is a bit fuzzy these days, and I haven't got my copy of COLLECTOR'S GOLD in front of me right now, I do believe that on the back cover of the CD set, it said something like DISC 3 - LIVE IN LAS VEGAS and then listed the songs on that CD, which included live versions (at that time unreleased) of RUBBERNECKIN', THIS IS THE STORY and INHERIT THE WIND! Obviously we have since been treated to other live versions of RUBBERNECKIN', but I do believe that these may very well be the only live versions of INHERIT THE WIND and THIS IS THE STORY that he ever performed! And I have to say that Elvis did a WONDERFUL job on both of them....aside from a bit of goofing around toward the end of THIS IS THE STORY.

If you do have another opportunity to pick up a copy of the COLLECTOR'S GOLD CD, you may want to consider it....ESPECIALLY considering you are the KING of bargain shopping!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by carolynlm
    And better yet, the fantastic 'Today' album (be still my beating heart) to be released at the same time......Lifes good.....
    RIGHT THERE WITH YOU CAROLYN!!! I'M CAMPED OUT BY MY MAILBOX WAITING FOR MY COPY OF "TODAY" TO ARRIVE!!!

TCB!
    Mike

That goes for me too.

Well, Mike, looks like I missed that part. I guess what I was used to seeing and didn't was an indication after each applicable track that it was unreleased. But that would have been pointless since the set featured nothing but previously unreleased material. That is the case, is it not?

How is this guy a moderator?
    Last edited by Lonniebealestreet; 05-25-2005 at 10:36 PM.

You are indeed correct pal....all of the tracks on COLLECTOR'S GOLD were unreleased at that time!!

I really think you will dig the live version of THIS IS THE STORY!!! It's very cool, and aside from the bit of goofing around toward the end as I mentioned, it's a really pretty performance! Ditto that for INHERIT THE WIND from the C.G. set!!

As I said, if you are able to track one down, I would highly recommend it!! Even though some of the songs on the set have since been re-issued on other CD's, there are still some alternate performances on there that have not been re-released, if my memory serves me right!

HAPPY HUNTING BUDDY!
    TCB!
    Mike

Mike, I have since experienced some highlights of the CG set and yep, I do dig! Those two fantastic lesser-knowns from the American sessions (I know you're a big fan of them both, as am I) did indeed sound great live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast