Thread: Here's a great idea for an Elvis movies on dvd

International Level

Here's a great idea for an Elvis movies on dvd

With Elvs's movie's been releaseing on dvd, i have a great idea.

put out a movie like Girl Happy and Add some bouns track on dvd like.

have a hole soundtrack album in 5.1 sound with the dvd
    and a few photo's from the movie also.

on the audio dvd they could put photo's from the movie waile the music is playing.

so what do you think would you by this kinda of dvd.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

TCB Mafia
    i think that's a great idea. i would buy it for sure

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    EXCELLENT IDEA CURTIS!!!

I think something like that would be an AWESOME idea!! It would certainly be a nice addition to the DVD's, that's for sure. Unfortunately, if they decided to start doing something like that now, only a handful of the DVD's would offer that type of bonus material since a good portion of the Elvis movie catalog has already been issued on DVD!!!

Nevertheless....it's a GREAT IDEA!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

If possible they could have deleted scenes or bloopers added to the dvds. Then I would definely buy the dvd!!!

Heck yeah, Curtis! I don't think Elvis movies are any less deserving of a proper DVD treatment than other movies. Theatrical trailers, deleted scenes, deleted songs, bloopers, interviews with surviving cast and crew (sadly, many of them won't be with us much longer and many have already passed away), posters, photos, behind-the-scenes footage, stories and trivia would all make good extras.

Of course, all that costs a whole lot of money to do, and maybe they figure the DVD's wouldn't sell well enough to warrant such a cost. Personally, I know I'd be much more interested in buying more expensive DVD's with good extras than the current DVD's which apparently have no extras at all (?).

Let's face it, when it comes to many of the King's movies, the behind-the-scenes shenanigans would probably be much more interesting to see and hear about than the movie itself!

I think most Elvis fans share your hopes of seeing some deleted scenes and bloopers from Elvis' movies on future DVD releases!

Sadly, in most interviews that have been conducted in the past few years, it has been stated that there are very few, IF ANY, deleted scenes and/or bloopers from Elvis' movies. My guess is that with the cost of movie film back during Elvis' movie days, they didn't save outtakes and once the master scene was captured, the rest of the film was recycled! Plus, I would have to say that there probably wasn't a big desire by Elvis fans for that type of material back then, like there is today....and who would have thought to save those types of things back then?

But I guess we can always hope, right?!?!

TCB!
    Mike

Undoubtedly bloopers and deleted scenes are very scarce, but there are some out there that very probably still exist in one form or another. For example, two songs from "Girls! Girls! Girls!" ("Where Do You Come From" and "I Don't Want To") were to my knowledge only cut right before the release of the film and have reportedly been seen on some 16mm copies at least. I'd be surprised if those weren't still somewhere in the studio vaults or private collections.

Funny thing is, I don't like either of those songs and I'm glad they were cut, but I'd still pay extra to be able to see those scenes on a G!G!G! DVD.

The idea sounds good! but did you know that all the new released movie have dolby digital mono sound!? so there is not any movie out there that has 5.1 sound...so they have to remaster the sound from the start...and than the dvd's will go up in price, let's say, 25 euro for each release...that's way to much money for a single dvd. he reason for that mono sound ? i dont no, very strange decision made by the movie company.
    But love your idea very much!

A very nice idea, but one that probably will never happen...

There is some blooper (or fooling around on the set) footage out there. Remember the scenes from Clambake (with the white suit, attacking the camera). On the set of Live A Little Love A Little...

I'm sure there's more of this stuff around, either on pro film or on 8mm.

Sonny

Cadillac King
    That is a neat idea, Curtis. Adding some bloopers as someone mentioned would also be very cool thing.

IM

It really is a shame that there aren't more bloopers or outtakes from Elvis' movies that could be used for extra features on the DVD releases!

But as I mentioned before, who thought to save those types of things back in the 1960's?

WE'RE ALL JUST REALLY LUCKY that Elvis recorded his music in the studio the way he did -- LIVE!! Just think about it....back then, if Elvis could have had access to today's recording technology, he could have used it for his recordings and just fixed them up the way he wanted them to sound with a touch of a computer button or mouse, without having to re-record the whole song over and over again. And....if Elvis had done that, we wouldn't have the hours and hours of studio outtakes and alternate versions that we have been treated to over the years! WE'RE EVEN MORE LUCKY that someone had the foresight to save those recording studio outtakes and alternate recordings, unlike the movie outtakes!!

TCB!
    Mike