Thread: Elvis' hairstyle-Would there be a change in the 80's

Elvis' hairstyle-Would there be a change in the 80's

Do you guys think that Elvis would have changed his hairstyle for the 80's? When he got out of the army he kept his sideburns off until the late 60's when he made his awesome comeback. Maybe the 80's would have brought a similar change with Elvis shortening his sideburns and trimming his hair down a bit, and maybe changing his stage wardrobe,(maybe a style similar to Conway Twitty in the early 80's-a shirt,jeans and sh*t kickin' boots!!! ) Who really knows what Elvis would have done with his image, but it is fun to imagine though!!! Let me know what you think? Thanx

Every decade brings changes and I think Elvis would have gone through these changes as well. There could have been a chance he would dress himself in the two-piece style he used during 1975 or maybe in the style Neil Diamond used with a little resemblance to the earlier years.

His hair would also go through a change although I do not believe he would cut his sideburns before he would lose some weight. As Elvis face become more swollen he also grew more sideburns to hide a little face and made it look thinner. Maybe he would stop dye his hair and allow a little greyness.

But...it's pure speculation. Remember that while everyone cut his sideburns Bruce Springsteen developped them ore and more in Elvis way.

Cadillac King
    Ofcourse Elvis would have changed his wardrobe and hair as he would become older, everyone does it. I don't think Elvis wouldn't change his hairstyle too much. Maybe a little shorter, as he had becoming thinner hair, but I don't think he would shave off his sideburns. First of all it looked good on him and secondly it was part of his image. As for the wardrobe: I think it would've depend on what way Elvis his music style would have gone to. As we know he was trying to create a new sound. I always wondereed what it would have sounded like. I can say, by hearing impersonaters singing modern songs, that Elvis easely could have get along with the modern time. His voice could sing almost everything.

Be safe and take care,

Christel (TCE)

elvis"hairstyle-would there be a change in the 80's

that's a tough one to answer. elvis seemed to follow trends pretty well. it would have been interesting to know though

I think he would have changed his style a little. I think he would have trimmed it and went to something that resembled the early days, like what Rick Nelson did. He probably would have went to two-peice suits, but kept it original somehow with designs similar to the jumpsuits. I think he would have lost weight and got back to the shape he was in during the late 60's early 70's. It would have been GREAT to see............

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Cadillac King
    Time/nature tend to change a man's hairstyle as he grows older. Less hair to work with. It's
    likely the same thing would have happened to Elvis.

One could only hope that Elvis' wardrobe would have undergone an update. The jumpsuit look was getting old.

mmmmm- that's an interesting question))I dislike 80-style completely...though it's my childhood...I hope Elvis would not change his style...sideburns gone-no way...dyeing hair- I guess he'd still do this..., wardrobe- mmmm- dunno...he'd have his own style that's 4 sure...
    Yes...you called, honey?

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I was greatly relieved to read this thread and not see a graphically altered image of Elvis with a "butt-cut" / "mullet". Whew!

...you won't forget me when I go.

Someone should try to do a modified photo of what Elvis would have looked like in the 80's!!! It'd be fun to see what your ideas would be. I wish I had the means to do it myself!!!!!!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Yeah, that's a great idea. Is there anyone out there that is good at graphic arts and could possibly give us some sort of idea what Elvis might have looked like in the 80's.It would be great!!!

Backstage Pass
    My hair is still pretty much the same at 43 as at 13 - but I'm trying not to grow old quite disgracefully.
    I think Elvis would have trimmed the pork chops in the 80s
    rick
    rick

Graceland Rain
    well i think after hearing Elvis say he liked to shock people and he loved things that other people didn't like or take to. i think he would change but how it's hard to know for sure how. but Elvis was Elvis he's about the only guy i know that looked good in pink lol
    but we all miss him and love him dearly.

I dont think he would have changed too much...
    I think he would have still stayed with the jumpsuits,and would still have the same hairstyle..maybe a little different,but all of this was ELVIS' style......so I dont think he would have changed too much which Is fine by me..I love his style.lol.
    -SatninLove
    "There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place"....

Let's just hope and pray he didn't try the "mullet" hair-do!

I think he would have cut the sideburns down a bit, probably to mid-1968 levels, but I doubt he'd have lost them completely (I always hated that '80s look -- most '80s fashions, for that matter). I couldn't see him in jeans and shirt, but for sure in some kind of two-piece suit, probably somewhat like the 1972 and 1975 outfits (especially ones with a degree of ornamentation, that pale blue 1972 outfit with the silver patterns all over it would be a good example) without capes. As much as I love the jumpsuits, I think Elvis would have moved away from them. He'd more than likely dress in black a lot more, I think, but again with some kind of flashiness inherent to the clothing...in other words, not just another tuxedo performer. He'd definitely keep the ankle-zip boots.

The kind of clothing I think would have been absolutely perfect for him on stage is along the lines of what Paul McCartney wore on his excellent 1989-1990 world tour...vests were a great sartorial compromise, I think:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maccaboogie2.jpg  
    I'm a roving roustabout...

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Perhaps he'd cut the sideburns back to how he had it in 1968. As with hairstyle: he'd probably still have the same long hairstyle that he had throughout the 70s (like in the Aloha press conference).

HE wasn't a normal, ordinary guy, but an entertainer. So he had the opportunity to stand out from the masses and ignore some trends. He was no Joe Average
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Definitely he would have changed and kept up with the times, he was always careful about his appearance and had a great fear of embarrassment. I think he would have continued to dye his hair, but maybe not so jet black, maybe he would have let the gray come thru. It looked fantastic on his father.
    The weight? Not so sure, he was a man of extremes and he loved food and he hated exercise. He was always on the lookout for a quick-fix. Follow trends? No, he would have started trends - the mullett I do believe he'd have seen through that and avoided it - I can hear him laughing at that one!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

a simple no ..hair would of remained the same
    Last edited by epmoodyblue; 11-03-2008 at 10:58 AM.
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website