Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis How Tall

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T_J
    Capt El, you seemed to take my question the wrong way. I wasn't doubting you. I was just interested in the answer as it was so specific that I figured we could finally put this issue to rest if you said the source.

As for the 5'9 theory, there's no way that's true. As already said, you only have to see the height he was against other people whose height we know to judge that he was truly close to 6 foot. If he was 5'9, Cilla was 5 foot, and we know from her biography she was 5'3 - 5'4. Sinatra is another example. He was 5'8 and Elvis was much taller than him.

The average male stands 5'9 tall (1m75). Taking into account that Elvis had lifts in his shoes and used big heels during the 70s, I don't think that he was larger than the average American.

Funny link: Celebs faking their height
    "It's said Stallone stands between 5-feet-8 and 5-feet-10, which looks about right. While that's the average height of a grown man, it's apparently Lilliputian to spectators who want their screen heroes bigger than life"
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Elwood David
    It's not a big deal ---> this thread, the initial query, or the answer. Just taking the opportunity to point out one reason I sometimes find things futile - on a number of levels. - Capt. "EL."
    The initial query was intended to be light hearted and generate some discussion!

I don't understand, if you find it "futile - on a number of levels" why you participate?

If the thread is beneath you, then simply ignore it

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    The initial query was intended to be light hearted and generate some discussion!
    How much "discussion" can you have over a man's height?

I don't understand, if you find it "futile - on a number of levels" why you participate?
    Well, as for me ----> Understood Jumpsuit Junkie.

To answer your question (again, ironically): ........ I participate ......

1. To be helpful & give you an answer (then & now).

2. So you don't moan later when / if you don't get participation / responses to your threads.

That said, ......... you're welcome.

Your query has been answered fully now, hasn't it.

If the thread is beneath you, then simply ignore it

Matt
    Your words (& personal issues ) JJ, ........ not mine.

For your future reference, .......... will do exactly as you suggest.

--------------------

I rest my case.

- Capt. "EL."

Roustabouts
    Elvis was measured scientifically in the army. The army records say that Elvis was 6' (183 cm) and at the time of his induction the information was precisely 6'0.5'' (184 cm) as if they rounded off 0.5'' in the rest of the army papers. Graceland Archives of EPE and Joe Esposito confirmed it and confirmed too that there is another measurement made in the army that states Elvis' height at 6'1 3/4'' (issue) and that would be his height with army footwear. In the worst of the cases, even if 6' were a rounded up figure, it should arrive from a minimum of 5'11 3/4''+ (182+ cm), because I've consulted U.S. army's method to take heights and they round heights to the nearest quarter of inch. So it's unquestionable that Elvis was somewhere very close to 6', up or down.

I think we always think celebrties are bigger than they realy are.I ve met a couple and always been suprised that they don't look as tall as I thought they would. I'm sure Elvis was about 6' feet tall or there abouts but with his lifts and boots on and his hair combed back I bet he could push 6' feet3" inches.
    When I went to Graceland I was suprised by how small Elvis's jumpsuits looked even the sundial suit.They seemed both small in height and girth which makes me think EP was'nt as overweight as people would want you to believe.

There is a big debate at Celebheights.com concerning Elvis's height. According to some the Army records show Elvis 6'.05" in his bare feet at induction and the Army figures down to the nearest inch. Evidently celebheights.com had Elvis at 6'0" then downgraded him to 5'11" and 3/4. Many people were mad complaining the Armys induction figures should be the deciding factor since they had nothing to gain by inflating his height. Someone there has ordered a copy of his induction papers thru the freedom of information act and is waiting for them. 1/4 inch Controversy ha ha

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    There is a big debate at Celebheights.com concerning Elvis's height. According to some the Army records show Elvis 6'.05" in his bare feet at induction and the Army figures down to the nearest inch. Evidently celebheights.com had Elvis at 6'0" then downgraded him to 5'11" and 3/4. Many people were mad complaining the Armys induction figures should be the deciding factor since they had nothing to gain by inflating his height. Someone there has ordered a copy of his induction papers thru the freedom of information act and is waiting for them. 1/4 inch Controversy ha ha
    Yes, I'm the same Ramiro who discusses in that forum. And I've ordered a copy of his induction papers to solve the question for once and forever (if possible). I know that this is an almost stupid topic but once you get into it you're not calmed until you get the truth. Still I think that celebheights should maintain 6' for Elvis until otherwise is proved; and nothing has been proved about Elvis being measured in the army at 5' 11 3/4'', to the contrary, army's papers say 6' or even 6'0.5''. To assume that 6'0.5'' perhaps was with footwear (as celebheights do) is too much to assume. The statement made back then says nothing about 6'0.5'' being Elvis' height with footwear; if it were it would be a very pithy remark for the journalists who were there to say it. I think that army's measurements, if something, could be less than real and not vice versa.

wow..he looks about 5'10 with out the high hair and that is with the lifts and boots.
    I would also like to bring out how these rumors of his hight get around. The B.S ARMY file that The Colonel sent out to the media said, 6'2.
    His own daughter lied on, Meet The "Presleys". She said, He was, 6'4. I almost died laughing when she said that. That wasn't well scripted for the,"Information Age".

Roustabouts
    Perhaps the statement about Elvis being 6'2'' in the army comes from one of his measurements made in the army (issue) that put him at 6'1.75''. This measurement is the one made with army footwear. I don't remember Lisa Marie saying that Elvis was 6'4''. This statement was made for J.D. Sumner's daughter

Backstage Pass
    I've stood next to Elvis, and he looked pretty tall to me, mind you I'm only five foot two inches!!

Quote Originally Posted by TCBnAflash View Post
    His own daughter lied on, Meet The "Presleys". She said, He was, 6'4. I almost died laughing when she said that. That wasn't well scripted for the,"Information Age".
    She didn't say that at all. She said 6'2 and yes she was wrong :-)

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by T_J View Post
    She didn't say that at all. She said 6'2 and yes she was wrong :-)
    She was talking about approximate Elvis' height with footwear and from this point of view he wasn't that wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12