Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Elvis Have Thinning Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic
    Geller would probably tell you he was too distressed after Elvis' passing to summon the energy and gather his thoughts for any kind of publication on Elvis himself. Then came the Goldman book. After that, I don't think many publishers were all that interested in anything written about Elvis that didn't contain some dirt and juciy "information". It's only more recently that the dust has settled, so to speak, and a more eclectic variety of books have appeared.
    That's a pretty "slick" answer & does indeed sound very Geller-esque.

---------------

I'm not one of the "believers" & my comments do stem from first-hand experience with the guy.

Suffice to say, ........ most have no true insight into a number of matters.

Will leave it at that.

- Capt. "EL."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Elwood David
    That's a pretty "slick" answer & does indeed sound very Geller-esque.
    LOL!!!

I was hoping you'd disprove it in an instant.

But yeah... I'm weary of the chap without being disapproving. There's still more for me to learn before my opinion is made more concrete one way or the other.

Let's, as you say, leave it at that.

I'd be skeptical of anybody that reproduces verbatim, ........... verbose, rambling discourses and then proceeds to put them into a dead person's mouth - YEARS after the fact. (Afterall, we are not talking White House transcripts here, either).

Let us not forget, ........ although Geller (wisely) now tries to distance himself from it --------> Geller also said that Elvis was dying of "leukemia."

This kind of back-pedaling, btw, by Geller, ........... is common.

- Capt. "EL."

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Totally taking this thread completely off topic Authors generating books should be aware of the facts and history before they put pen to paper! there have been some books, for the lack of a better description are a load of hog wash, they are self serving and the claims within are skewed towards their ego and how they were the centre of Elvis' attention. Fans have a good Idea of Elvis' timeline and more reliable source's i.e. David Stanley are believable. Geller is an arsehole period. Hair styling Guru LOL...............................

Just to try and address the original topic, I have heard that Ginger Alden cut Elvis' hair at one point, don't know how true that is, sounds hard to believe.

Matt
    Last edited by Jumpsuit Junkie; 04-29-2007 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    Totally taking this thread completely off topic
    They usually get more interesting when they veer off on tangents.

Authors generating books should be aware of the facts and history before they put pen to paper!
    IMO - they published it the way they did, for a purpose (if you get my drift ....). Time always has a way of eventually putting things back into their proper (ie: TRUE) perspective.

... there have been some books, for the lack of a better description are a load of hog wash, they are self serving and the claims within are skewed towards their ego and how they were the centre of Elvis' attention.
    In some cases the writer wants to believe that they were #1 in EP's eyes (wouldn't you?) EP had a way of making people feel as such. That said, ..... all have pieces to the puzzle & some of those pieces may or may not be true (based on different things that EP would tell to different people / or / based on the author filling in the blanks with assumptions or their imagination / what they want to believe).

Fans have a good Idea of Elvis' timeline and more reliable saurces i.e. David Stanley are believable. Geller is an arsehole period.
    I don't always agree with David Stanley in his interpretation of the events, but he does indeed have outstanding recall of events.

Geller is full of sh**.

Hodge, while always focusing on the positive, ..... is very short on substance as a result. (Skewed towards the positive, if you will, .... even at the expense of the TRUTH).

Just to try and address the original topic, I have heard that Ginger Alden cut Elvis' hair at one point, don't know how true that is, sounds hard to believe.
    I personally have never heard this regarding Ginger.

I believe Hodge also cut E's hair on ocassion; Hodge had many roles, both on & off stage ....... & some to this very day, remain untold (hint: remember my words about skewed versions of events).

----------------------

Like I said, ......... more interesting when the threads take off on tangents.

- Capt. "EL."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Elwood David
    They usually get more interesting when they veer off on tangents.
    Agreed

Matt

Mad Tigers
    Charlie Hodge told me Elvis' hair was thinning towards the end. Come on he was human. His head was completely grey like Vernon's after about 1967. In fact Charlie told me that one time between tours in about '75 or so Elvis grew his hair out and had the dye removed. He had completely white hair for about three days and then Lisa came over and she cried when she seen it, so Elvis dyed it that night. Elvis had thin hair anyway. He had a lot of it, but it was baby thin. I have video from Vegas in '76 where you can see the part near the back of his head was getting wider. It was never even close to baldness though. Elvis had enough money not to have to worry about that though. Either way he was blessed with a great head of hair.

whatever ..who cares elvis hair looked judt fine i mean even the press had a little fun with his hair..like in chicago 0ct 76..one of the local newspapers there showed a piccy of evis kneeling down giving a scarf to a fan --but the pic shows close up top of elvis head -newspaper posted***-see the bald spot.. is elvis is going bald **** stupid chicago newspaper instead of talking about the great show he put on.there talking about his hair~~peace to all
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4427_1.gif

Re: Did Elvis Have Thinning Hair?

I do believe E had thinning hair. Evidence is visible even in TTWII. So yeah... Elvis was human and kept up this super human appearance at the cost of his health, both physically and mentally. No wonder they Elvis was talking about falling apart, he was not joking, he was serious. But nobody wanted to believe it. ****.
    And the non-believers should have left the inner circle way sooner and should have written a book then. To this day it is obvious that Elvis, What Happened was written out of bitterness as stated by Sonny West.

Re: erotic

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    Even in 1977 - his last year - he still had this erotic appeal to his fans. It's sad for me that I was born in 1985, because I would have loved to feel his hair in my hands - really erotic!

But anyway - I would have loved his music for what it was, not because of the thickness of his hair.

Thanks Fab

No comment!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Baldness is hereditary through father to son. Take a look at Vernon's hair...no sign of thinness or balding. If the dye in Elvis' hair was fading in a spot where his hair parted, that would make it look thin. Elvis had no worries about going bald.

I don't think he was going bald, but his hair was fine and lacked body. Sometimes it was flat over the crown, this 'appeared' to make it look like it was thinner......
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I Totally agree with your comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elena/The Russian EP Fan Club View Post
    I think He had a wonderful great hair . ABSOLUTELY

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by vinceeverrette View Post
    Charlie Hodge told me Elvis' hair was thinning towards the end. Come on he was human. His head was completely grey like Vernon's after about 1967. In fact Charlie told me that one time between tours in about '75 or so Elvis grew his hair out and had the dye removed. He had completely white hair for about three days and then Lisa came over and she cried when she seen it, so Elvis dyed it that night. Elvis had thin hair anyway. He had a lot of it, but it was baby thin. I have video from Vegas in '76 where you can see the part near the back of his head was getting wider. It was never even close to baldness though. Elvis had enough money not to have to worry about that though. Either way he was blessed with a great head of hair.
    I certainly don't believe everything that Charlie said. Elvis completely white in 1967 at age 33??? I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elena/The Russian EP Fan Club View Post
    I think He had a wonderful great hair . ABSOLUTELY

Absoulutely agree with you Elena
    I'll Remember You!!!

Regardless of hair thinning or not-99% of the time Elvis's hair looked cool, not always in place.... but cool
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Regardless of hair thinning or not-99% of the time Elvis's hair looked cool, not always in place.... but cool
    Hmm not sure his hair always looked cool, however I'm always amazed about how little his fussed with his hair in concert!

Coming On Strong

Thats becuase his hair was so full of hair spray he would`nt have been able to run his fingers through it.

Backstage Pass

Does anyone know who is barber was in the 1950's? How long was this Geller person cutting his hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Hmm not sure his hair always looked cool, however I'm always amazed about how little his fussed with his hair in concert!

Matt, what you mean

This is a hard working man!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast