Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Unchained Melody

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Unchained Melody

    Here is the compleet Cover of the concert of February 12, 1977. (8.30 pm) Hollywood. FL.
    I want to thank Kenny for the wonderful Pics., and Steve (BBM) for the advise he knows what I mean .

    So here we are with it...... (hope you like it.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presentation.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve; 04-06-2005 at 02:48 PM.

  2. #2
    I like the blue outlined box effects around the photos - that works very nicely and the design for the tray inlay - colourscheme and composition all good.

    The photos could maybe have used a little colour correction, and got to agree with Unchained, the disc design doesn't quite go with the overall package in the way it could (it kinda reminds me of a flag a bit ) but the overall package is a winner.


    'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

    (Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)


  3. #3
    Graceland Mail Room U.S. Male's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Posts
    4,132
    Looks great Steve (man this seams weird to me - like talking to myself )

    I will agree with the others, just a little off on the cd label, but I can understand that - labels are something i need to work on myself!

    Nice job overall
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The south Midlands - UK
    Posts
    1,362
    Would agree with the other points that have been made....the pictures do need a little correction..and the disc maybe needed a touch more work...but that aside...nice looking set Steve
    TCB Chris.

    ---------------------------------------


  5. #5
    Steve
    Guest
    Thank You all Guy's.

    I will try better next time on my CD label (man I su** at this)

    Thank you all for taking you time to see this cover and do you comment.

    Tanks Steve

  6. #6
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ARGENTINA
    Posts
    87
    GREAT COVER STEVE , I LIKE SO MUCH THE FRONT AND THE PIC YOU USED THERE, GREAT WORK MY FRIEND OTHER WINNER FOR YOU, I'M HAPPY WITH THE BLUE MOON PLACE WE ARE PARTNERS THERE , REGARDS -DIEGO

  7. #7
    Steve
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kucopau
    GREAT COVER STEVE , I LIKE SO MUCH THE FRONT AND THE PIC YOU USED THERE, GREAT WORK MY FRIEND OTHER WINNER FOR YOU, I'M HAPPY WITH THE BLUE MOON PLACE WE ARE PARTNERS THERE , REGARDS -DIEGO
    Thank you PARTNER!!!!

    I am glad you like it, and yes i am glad with the bluemoon place

    Thanks allot

  8. #8
    Good work Steve, i like how Elvis comes out of the pictures. i think its .

  9. #9
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    200
    I like that effect, too, that Mystery Train pointed out.

    The backside of the backcover and the backcover are my favorites.

    For my taste, Elvis is moved a bit too far to the right side on the frontcover.
    I think, your first design for the frontcover looked a bit better.

    Nevertheless, a good and convincing cover with a clear and consistent layout and color scheme.

  10. #10
    Steve
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryTrain
    Good work Steve, i like how Elvis comes out of the pictures. i think its .
    Thanks glad you like this, and the efect of elvis out the pics. This was by mistake on the front but i liked it so much that i creaat the full cover like this

    Thanks aigan
    Last edited by Steve; 04-09-2005 at 08:59 AM.

  11. #11
    Steve
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattoe
    For my taste, Elvis is moved a bit too far to the right side on the frontcover.
    I think, your first design for the frontcover looked a bit better.

    Nevertheless, a good and convincing cover with a clear and consistent layout and color scheme.

    Thanks mate, For the front cover; if you look very close you see charlie hodge catching the guitar that elvis just trouwd away.
    that's why elvis is stading on the right side of the cover.

    But I'am glad you like the cover and everthing around it

  12. #12
    Coming On Strong rockinrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    76
    A major improvement on the ?work in progress? that was posted earlier, and also I think this cover shows that if you choose the photographs carefully you can always produce artwork that reflects the contents of the disc, without having to include poor pictures that aren?t really suitable for album covers.

  13. #13
    Steve
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrebel
    A major improvement on the ?work in progress? that was posted earlier, and also I think this cover shows that if you choose the photographs carefully you can always produce artwork that reflects the contents of the disc, without having to include poor pictures that aren?t really suitable for album covers.
    Thanks you like the mprovement
    And glad you like the pics.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 09:21 AM
  2. unchained melody
    By tjs in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 03:37 PM
  3. Unchained Elvis
    By Sonny in forum Import CD's (information and reviews)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •